• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
MB reveals New Lics: Girls High, Kashimashi & Ramen Girl

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:03 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
I saw that AoD post earlier, and I have to wonder...how "official" is a post on a forum? Is there a precedent for licensing being announced in this fashion? Plus, he said they'd be releasing "shows like" Girls High, Girl Meets Girl, and Ramen Girl, not necessarily those series Wink

Nice catch. Wink The word "like" can be interpreted into several different ways.

At AoD forum, John Sirabella wrote:
We will still be releasing more anime like Girl Meets Girl, Ranmen Girl (??) and GIRLS HIGH and alot others but it is better to play it smart.

Reminds me the president who said "I didn't take the money into my pocket." Literally.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:03 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
The word "like" can be interpreted into several different ways.

We will still be releasing more anime like Girl Meets Girl, Ranmen Girl (??) and GIRLS HIGH and alot others but it is better to play it smart.
I won't be crying if Media Blasters ends up with "anime like" instead of the actual titles mentioned, but better them than no one. I guess.

Too tired to think of anything else.
Vicserr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:14 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
dormcat wrote:
The word "like" can be interpreted into several different ways.

I won't be crying if Media Blasters ends up with "anime like" instead of the actual titles mentioned, but better them than no one. I guess.

Too tired to think of anything else.

for those in doubt here's more info from John Sirabella of MB here

Never Doubt the power of AOD Wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Rªdì¢âl_£Ð

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:49 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
I know there is Geneon and Geneon U.S.A., but I'm pretty sure I've seen Geneon USA in titles that aren't licensed or were licensed by other people.

Well not according to the ANN database. With the exception of Muteki Kanban Musume, all anime that had Geneon Entertainment (USA), Inc. labled under production in the Japanese company section had been licensed by Genon Entertainment (USA).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2