• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Familiar of Zero: Knight of the Twin Moons Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:19 pm Reply with quote
I've had their Familiar of Zero BD for awhile now and it's good to see that the cover's star with a 1 in it was more than just boasting.

Though I was worried a bit.

I do want it dubbed, everyone's speaking French in the story anyway. I don't need to have the old cast return... on the other hand, they already came back for Sentai's K-On! so it not's impossible.

Wait and see.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote
I'll only become interested once they have licensed S03 and have dubbed S02-S04.

I'd also love to see a re-dub of S01 happen, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, I was beginning to think they might have moved on or had some serious issues preventing them from licensing the missing 2nd & 3rd seasons. Odd that they didn't also announce season 3. I wonder if that's still being negotiated?
levonr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Ion the other hand, they already came back for Sentai's K-On! so it not's impossible.

Thats different. K-ON is not the same. Only a few from Familiar of Zero have become active Bang Zoom actors. The actor for the main hero for example hasn't worked with Bang Zoom in a few years and maybe can't return.
Not saying its impossible, just unlikely. Recently Sentai hasn't been returning casts. They didn't hire Bang Zoom for the new Rozen Maiden & Illya.
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:34 am Reply with quote
Alright, been waiting around for this news for some time! Now to wait on them getting the 3rd season and I will be happy! Laughing
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:49 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
This franchise was a guilty pleasure of mine but now it's not so guilty because over time I've come to realize just how awesome it's cast, especially it's two lead characters are.

well i am glad the licensed season 2. but i wonder why they didn't licensed season three considering they have already licensed the final season.

well hopefully this season will get an english dub version, though the odds of sentai reprising the cast from the geneon dub is highly unlikely. and knowing that this is sentai , i have a nasty feeling that it might also get the "sub only" treatment which is suck like there's nobody's business.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:44 am Reply with quote
They sent out their March solicitations yesterday. It's indeed sub-only, though it will be available on Bluray and DVD.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2