• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Free! Anime Staffer: This Summer Is Going to Be Even Hotter

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soliia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I like that sound of that!

More BL undertones? Maybe a ship actually becoming canon? Even more fanservice? Or maybe none of those things and they are just trying to get us hyped. Either way, I'm looking forward to it!
Hellfish

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:34 pm Reply with quote
We all knew it was going to happen, can't wait Very Happy Very Happy
LavenderMintRose

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:45 pm Reply with quote
I just got back from Japan and I was stunned at how much merch there was for this. Free!, Attack on Titan, UtaPri, and KuroBas seem to be the most popular things, going by shelf space in anime stores, and all of those appeal to the same audience (Attack on Titan being the only one of those to have a lot of appeal beyond the pretty boys). So yes, this seems to be the new trend. I can't wait!
Sobe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Yuno07 wrote:
dan9999 wrote:
So 10x gay-fest. Laughing

This has proven more commercially successful than moeblobs now, kyoto animation should stick to the juicy fujoshi market full time plus plenty of males have fully embraced their yaoi (hidden and not so hidden)desires with this one Rolling Eyes Wink

The amount of BS and AMB trolling in this comment is simply ridiculous.

;< He's just another homophobe who needs to vent his anger there's one female/non-straight male anime coming compared to his entire library of cleavage-galore, panty shot animes we get every season.

I didn't bother reading it but his long wall of text is a clear indication of just that, lol.
dan9999

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:03 pm Reply with quote
LavenderMintRose wrote:
I just got back from Japan and I was stunned at how much merch there was for this. Free!, Attack on Titan, UtaPri, and KuroBas seem to be the most popular things, going by shelf space in anime stores, and all of those appeal to the same audience (Attack on Titan being the only one of those to have a lot of appeal beyond the pretty boys). So yes, this seems to be the new trend. I can't wait!

Well, looking at the discs sales its evidence enough. This is shaping to be the fujoshi era. Now pretty boys in the same neutral fashion as Kuroko are the best for me but I welcome the likes of free and utapri instead of well defined moeblob trends, there are excellent anime that cater to fujoshi that are fantastic (that are neutral and still manage to get fujoshi´s attention AND their money).

Sobe wrote:
Yuno07 wrote:
dan9999 wrote:
So 10x gay-fest. Laughing

This has proven more commercially successful than moeblobs now, kyoto animation should stick to the juicy fujoshi market full time plus plenty of males have fully embraced their yaoi (hidden and not so hidden)desires with this one Rolling Eyes Wink

The amount of BS and AMB trolling in this comment is simply ridiculous.

;< He's just another homophobe who needs to vent his anger there's one female/non-straight male anime coming compared to his entire library of cleavage-galore, panty shot animes we get every season.

I didn't bother reading it but his long wall of text is a clear indication of just that, lol.

Sure thing, The homophobics seem to be others than feel the need to deny it so hard. What wrong with it? Its 2014. Out of the closet!

I am so homophobic that my best friend (IRL) is gay and I even partake with him and his partner in turn, I have plenty lesbian friends too.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:08 pm Reply with quote
lol okay whatever Kyoani. Just keep hyping that shit up and I'm totally going to take you seriously that you're going to make a show worth watching. Laughing
mattb82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:29 pm Reply with quote
all the fun things that could happen
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:41 pm Reply with quote
People, that's a common tagline of summer movie trailers. Smile
grooven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised ANN didn't report on the incident with the girl assaulting another girl with a pylon for Free merchandise.
Yuno07

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:10 am Reply with quote
Sobe wrote:

Someone didn't read my response completely. Your post is guilty of effectively the same thing. Rolling Eyes
StormVanguard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:54 am Reply with quote
Yuno07 wrote:

Someone didn't read my response completely. Your post is guilty of effectively the same thing. Rolling Eyes

This is why you just ignore such obvious bait.. you see much higher level stuff pass threw 4chan every minute, we just ignore and report.

It's pretty obvious with one glance both sides are biased towards the shows previously mentioned, and more than likely watched next to nothing or anything at all.

Just to clarify i don't mean you Yuno.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:11 am Reply with quote
Even hotter?! KyoAni I dunno if I can handle that!

Boy am I excited though, but summer really?? Isn't that a little early?
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:25 am Reply with quote
I was hoping this meant that it would premiere in the summer, but alas, no official date yet. Still excited!
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:55 am Reply with quote
Quote:
This is shaping to be the fujoshi era.

My body has been waiting for this for a long time. These are such beautiful times to be living in.
sakuragtin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:34 am Reply with quote
@Soliia
Your post x1000. That would be absolutely beautiful.

Man, I am stoked!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4