• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Male Sought for Cutting Part of Pokemon Shirt Off Girl

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cche7

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:35 am Reply with quote
I'm glad the girl is alright. Those kids need to get their ass beaten, picking on a little girl who can't possibly fight back or defend herself. Mad
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:08 pm Reply with quote
imp4ever wrote:
What bothers me is that a first grade girl was playing alone.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who noticed the true threat to the 6 year old girl wasn't a Pokemon fan with a pair of scissors.
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:28 pm Reply with quote
From the info given, there really is no way to prove it was an assault case.

For all we know... the kid who cut the shirt could of just had an extremely unhealthy obsession with Pokemon to the point that the little girl who was wearing the shirt was irrelevant.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:29 pm Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
Quote:
cut off three images of Pokémon characters from the chest of the t-shirt with scissors or a similar object.

One thing I don't see in the story is if the girl's chest was exposed. Regardless, this is a sick, sick thing to do to a little kid. I hope she's able to get over it.

That's what I was wondering, if she had anything on underneath, otherwise this could be elevated from prank to sexual assault.
Goggen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:37 pm Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
One thing I don't see in the story is if the girl's chest was exposed. Regardless, this is a sick, sick thing to do to a little kid. I hope she's able to get over it.

Eh? She's six. I don't think exactly what part of her upper body was exposed is the issue, it's more that this person started cutting out parts of clothing she was wearing at all. It's just bizarre.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:08 pm Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:
imp4ever wrote:
What bothers me is that a first grade girl was playing alone.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who noticed the true threat to the 6 year old girl wasn't a Pokemon fan with a pair of scissors.

If there's any truth in what we see in anime then kids don't get a lot of supervision in Japan. Little kids playing alone in parks at night and grade school age kids walking two miles to school alone seems like everyday Japanese life. It's hard for Americans to except when a lot of parents barely let their kids play in their own yard without being watched.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CareyGrant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:30 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Dagon123 wrote:
Jaymie wrote:
Why is Japan so weird?

Why is America so fat, dumb and lazy?

Why is China so bootleg?

Because they can. China has the world economy by the balls; they own our (the USA) war debt (Thanks, W) from 2001-Present, among other things; too many people around the world, including China, make too much money with China just the way it is. Nothing short of a Chinese revolution will change that. And the West won't do anything, basically, unless China commits some act of war against the West.

So, yeah, China can pretty much do whatever they want -which includes making bootlegs of products in the same factories that make the originals- and we (the powerful and wealthy of the World) ain't gonna do sh*t (not that I'm powerful or wealthy).

The Spice must flow.

Oh, and prank or not, this sack wacko needs a good curb-stomping before they toss his looney ass in jail.
taster of pork

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:51 pm Reply with quote
imp4ever wrote:
What bothers me is that a first grade girl was playing alone. See, if she'd had supervision, this probably wouldn't have happened...if anything, she's lucky that's all the kid did.
Japan has a low crime rate so Japanese people tend not to worry about stuff like this happening. Hopefully the parents learned something from this.
Goggen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:00 pm Reply with quote
taster of pork wrote:
Japan has a low crime rate so Japanese people tend not to worry about stuff like this happening. Hopefully the parents learned something from this.

I hope they didn't. Like you said, low crime rate... I for one wouldn't want to see paranoid parents robbing their children of a carefree childhood because of one freak incident.
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:
What the f---?

This, that's just too creepy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mrsatan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:10 pm Reply with quote
I've heard of this before, in the book Japanese Street Slang. They even had a word for it.
magishine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quote
this is very disturbing first of all even if the young child's chest was not exposed it could still fall under being a child sexual predator because of the methodology that must have happened for the crime to occur. The story mentions two males of approximately high school age. They had a sharp instrument in which to do the cutting means that they planned on doing a similar action to someone it just happened to be this little girl. Also a Criminal Trespass could be filed when and if they catch the perpertrators because most houses in japan have what surmounts to a fence around it. One of the males would have to have held her while covering her mouth so she would be unable to cry for help. I can't even imagine what it was like for her young innocent mind. If they catch these people they shouldn't see the light of day for awhile. The perps better be glad the father is not Charles Bronson if anyone here is old enough to get that allusion
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Guess this guy was desperate to have a Pikachu.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
If there's any truth in what we see in anime...

I usually read an entire post before I reply, but I have to admit I stopped reading right here.

Hopefully anything after this statement didn't imply I should accept any truth from a form of entertainment which would likely put this 6 year old girl in charge of a mecha squadron and she wouldn't care about having her top cut open.
Neutral
Echo_City

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:57 pm Reply with quote
magishine wrote:
this is very disturbing first of all even if the young child's chest was not exposed it could still fall under being a child sexual predator because of the methodology that must have happened for the crime to occur. The story mentions two males of approximately high school age. They had a sharp instrument in which to do the cutting means that they planned on doing a similar action to someone it just happened to be this little girl. Also a Criminal Trespass could be filed when and if they catch the perpertrators because most houses in japan have what surmounts to a fence around it. One of the males would have to have held her while covering her mouth so she would be unable to cry for help. I can't even imagine what it was like for her young innocent mind. If they catch these people they shouldn't see the light of day for awhile. The perps better be glad the father is not Charles Bronson if anyone here is old enough to get that allusion
Nice Death Wish reference Wink

Though I have to rain on the parade a bit and say "no dice" to the underlined sentence. Just because someone has a cutting implement on their person certainly doesn't mean that they are going to hack off articles of clothing of arbitrary people.

These guys have a lot wrong with them, and I'd definitely consider this a crime.

How are these guys still at large? Where are the stereotypical ultra law abiding Japanese to rat them out to the police? On that, how did these guys not get busted by the supposedly ubiquitous cops in Japan (police "hut" on every corner, right?)

Edit: @PetrifiedJello, is it ironic to submit a post like that with your avatar? Very Happy Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4