• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Blasted Out

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ingraman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Kerberous wrote:
configspace wrote:
Kerberous wrote:
Kanokon sold well... Why am I not surprised.

Hopefully Koe de Oshigoto and Ladies vs Butlers will do well for them too. Really hope they can bring us the blu-ray.

Give those things a Ghost Stories comedy dub and I might look at them.

Why would you want to abuse Koe de Oshigoto like that?

As for Kanokon, I bought it because I got a chuckle out of hearing the two leading seiyuu (two of my favorites) voicing characters like that. ^^
deathfromabove1993

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Man, I need to start buying MB stuff really fast.
Mc-Taz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Mhmm, Boysehhhh.

I always seem to think about stuff I'd like to ask after listening to these podcasts. It was definitely interesting to hear how MB operated in the past, and that a single hit at Wal-mart could keep the company operating for months on end. That kind of tells us just how small of an operating budget they had even before downsizing to just a couple of regular employees. Now if they continue picking up titles that will do decent enough numbers for them, it shouldn't be hard at all for them to stay afloat.

It's no surprise where they are heading with their licensing choices from this year. I just hope they will be able to earn enough to have some sort of stable business again, and to get into a position to be able to license more than just fanservicey titles.
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:50 am Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
How much popularity does Alteil really have exactly? I played the game years ago on the official site but I found that the mechanics were heavily unbalanced. Anyone who used to play with a Lawtia beginner's deck should know exactly what I'm talking about.

So therefore, I'm heavily skeptical about Alteil Horizons. Unless the game is well balanced in its structure, I just don't see a considerable point in investing in it.

Hi, I'm one of the staff for Apocoplay (aka Romdeau). Depending on how long ago you're talking about, I would agree with you that the sets 1 and 5 Lawtia starters were a bit on the weak side. Since Apocoplay has acquired rights to manage the game, we have taken large strides to correct the balance in the game-including 4 competitive starters available beginning at level 10. This allows new users to access 4 fun, competitive files right from the get go to experience each sphere's play style.

If you take the time to investigate the game itself (or just ask current players), I think you will agree that the design and balance direction of the game has vastly improved in the past year. We still have a long ways to go, but I invite you to join us and help us unleash Alteil's potential. If you have any questions, I would be more then happy to answer what I know.
PusoPimp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:57 am Reply with quote
This is sad to listen too...poor Media Blasters. My my how the mighty have fallen. These are the same guys that licensed Rurouni Kenshin when it was a success on Toonami...damn. Hope they get back on their feet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2