• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Daily Cosplay: Guilty Gear's Bridget

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah I'm so worried about my appearance that I need to go around insulting people to make me feel better. The fact that I changed what I saw into a bad joke doesn't change the truth that this fella is quite ugly.
Of course, then we have the cool ugly, and the lame ugly which is what we have here.

Also, my issue isn't with the cosplayer, but who he cosplayed despite not fitting the image at all. Now If he went for Desert Punk's lead...
Lunarose

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:12 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
The fact that I changed what I saw into a bad joke doesn't change the truth that this fella is quite ugly.

I think the cosplayer looks nice. It's all a matter of opinion. There is no 'truth' to whether someone is ugly or not, except by one person's often shallow evaluation.

Heck, it could have been just an unfortunate picture for this cosplayer. I know people who look dead awful in yearbook pictures because they don’t make the best looking faces when they’re asked to smile on the spot, but in real life, they’re quite attractive looking when they act naturally.
msgundam2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:08 am Reply with quote
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Psycho_Despair wrote:
This is very scary, is it a girl or a boy? Shocked
Someone please lift that human's skirt and check!!!

MrTerrorist wrote:
Please be a real girl. Please be a real girl. Please be a real girl.

We're in this together, so I will pray too.
Please be a REAL GIRL, Please be a REAL GIRL, Please be a REAL GIRL.

Where's the Blue Fairy when you need her, eh?
Excel Generations

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:11 pm Reply with quote
It's a trap!
gothung

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:01 am Reply with quote
In the minority here, but lump me in with the group that doesn't like the featured Bridget. The costume is great. S/he has the bear, the yo-yo, the handcuff, and even the shoes. I just wish the shoes and cuff were better executed, and a slightly darker shade of blue used for the fabric.

Flame-G102 posted a version where a cute smile goes a LONG way. I like her hair/wig, but otherwise this Bridget has her cuff backwards (and where's the keyhole?), the wrong shoes (first... no wait, SECOND thing I noticed), the ribbon is way too wide and long, and the wrong kind of bear. And what, no yo-yo? The cuff is actually pretty cool (despite the detail errors), so if you can make a cuff like that, I'd have expected a nice yo-yo...

And yet, despite all of the shortcomings, I still prefer the second Bridget over the first. It's just THAT hard to find a good face/body on a person that is also willing to cosplay.
nynextew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
if thats an actual girl cosplaying a trap, meh...

if that's a guy who looks like a girl cosplaying a trap <3 <3 <3 <3 Embarassed Laughing

I agree with all of this. D: <3<3<3<3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2