• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Xenosaga III screens & info

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:32 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Until I hear otherwise, I'll just assume that Episode III is the final installment. If there are more, then I'll be happy. But if there aren't, I won't be suprised.

Yeah, I keep hearing last of the series, last for this system, and alittle of both (Part 2 on PS3). But mostly I am hear in the last few days, the end of the series, but there is the "Untitled" RPG that is listed under Namco for the PS3. I would love to see Shion part in the story plays out up to the Xenogears story.
Whearn9999 wrote:
I'm going to assume that Xenogears is part 5 of the series because that is what I've read. My question is: Will they remake Xenogears when the time comes, or will we have to dust off our old copies of the game and replay for continuity?
Part 6, but any "timeline" of the games that I have seen is missed up since it's not making any major leaps in time. But if the games do go on, I'm pretty sure they will do a remake, hopely they don't turn that in to a three part series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
B.K.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Whearn9999 wrote:
I'm going to assume that Xenogears is part 5 of the series because that is what I've read. My question is: Will they remake Xenogears when the time comes, or will we have to dust off our old copies of the game and replay for continuity?

No. Xenogears is episode five of the Xenogears series. Not Xenosaga. Xenogears is to Xenosaga what Tenchi Muyo is to Tenchi Universe.
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:45 pm Reply with quote
B.K. wrote:
No. Xenogears is episode five of the Xenogears series. Not Xenosaga. Xenogears is to Xenosaga what Tenchi Muyo is to Tenchi Universe.
So all it retelling of Faya's story? I'm just going off was said a few years back. Yeah, a few years ago. It have might changed since they changed their key writer, Soraya Saga, but since that I haven't seen any news to say other wise, I stand by six. But we both could be wrong it'll be three. If you know of issue of EGM (since I pretty have all of those) or offical (Note: Not rumor) statement or quote, then I'll know I'm in the wrong. "Pretty sure" is sepulation, they might or might not. Who knows. It was a rumor I heard back when first Xenosaga was about to be released, but I wouldn't say they won't do a remake down the road.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
B.K.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Monolithsoft has always said that Xenosaga wasn't Xenogears. Tetsuya Takahashi, the main writer, said that Xenosaga was a retelling of the Xenogears story. He said he hit the reset button and planned to make Xenosaga closer to his original vision for Xenogears. There's no denying that the two have similarities, but they aren't the same.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2