• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami Promotes One Piece's Return With Rhyming Pirate

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:21 pm Reply with quote
i'd listen to Steve Blum talk like that any day
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:41 pm Reply with quote
They need to cut the crap that comes before Toonami (especially the Cleveland Show >.<) so that this stuff is on before 3am. I don't watch my anime on tv, but I may check out a couple episodes of One Piece to decide if I should start the series from the beginning.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:41 pm Reply with quote
I wish they would replace one of the kid shows (symbionic titan anyone?) or miss an episode of Family guy and the Cleveland show for just ONE NIGHT a week so we can have time for anime and action shows (I don't mind Boondocks being on though, I love it) but take their time slots and replace it with a classic anime, personally I'd love to see Neon Genesis Evangelion get a slot on the schedule, I haven't seen all of it yet but this is coming from someone who isn't all into Action shows (The only one's I've seen are a few episodes of Inuyasha and Cowboy Bebop) I say it's amazing what I've seen so far, and it kind of makes me giggle when they talk about things that happened in the "past" (the show was made in 1995 but takes place in 2015 so sometimes they menchion things like spoiler[a meteor hitting the Earth and taking out half the world's population back in the year 2000]. But yeah, Neon Genesis Evangelion on Toonami would be a dream come true!

Last edited by yotsubafanfan on Sun May 12, 2013 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Meanwhile we in Canada are stuck with iCarly....get your shit together YTV!
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:47 pm Reply with quote
yotsubafanfan wrote:
I wish they would replace one of the kid shows (symbionic titan anyone?) or miss an episode of Family guy and the Cleveland show for just ONE NIGHT a week so we can have time for anime and action shows (I don't mind Boondocks being on though, I love it) but take their time slots and replace it with a classic anime, personally I'd love to see Neon Genesis Evangelion get a slot on the schedule, I haven't seen all of it yet but this is coming from someone who isn't all into Action shows (The only one's I've seen are a few episodes of Inuyasha and Cowboy Bebop) I say it's amazing what I've seen so far, and it kind of makes me giggle when they talk about things that happened in the "past" (the show was made in 1995 but takes place in 2015 so sometimes they menchion things like spoiler[a meteor hitting the Earth and taking out half the world's population back in the year 2000]. But yeah, Neon Genesis Evangelion on Toonami would be a dream come true!

Family Guy and Cleveland routinely score 1.2-1.4 million 18-34.

Anime scores 300k.

Not happening.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:10 pm Reply with quote
AbZeroNow wrote:
marcos torres toledo wrote:
Great to have One Piece but what happens to Soul Eater that was it's time slot and that series isn't finish yet. Mad

Soul Eater got pushed back a half hour so it follows One Piece.

Since I don't plan on getting Hulu, and I have to watch something from the beginning due to my OCD, I won't be watching One Piece.

I hope when they do replace Eureka 7, that they have something good and not more crap like SBT, Thundercats and IGPX because right now it's down to Soul Eater, Eureka 7 and Inuyasha for me.

lol calling SBT and Thunder Cats crap. While praising E7 Thats cute. But hey to each their own I guess.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Ryhming pirate...meh....

Oh well, at least there's a promo with Tom, and its great to see OP back on the air and in all its uncut glory! I have most of the DVDs though so I'm not sure if I'll be watching frequently...
Crispy45

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Soundmonkey44 wrote:
lol calling SBT and Thunder Cats crap. While praising E7 Thats cute. But hey to each their own I guess.

>_> American kiddy shows don't belong on adult swim. At least Japanese kiddy shows can be justified because of their content levels and plots which is why they're so big with adults while those two shows aren't.
Hitokiri Kenshin

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
yotsubafanfan wrote:

Anime scores 300k.

Not happening.

Those college students love Family Guy reruns.
Ginsan

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Well whatever, at least I saw bloods
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Hitokiri Kenshin wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:

Anime scores 300k.

Not happening.

Those college students love Family Guy reruns.

Them's pays the bills.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
yotsubafanfan wrote:

Anime scores 300k.

Not happening.

Bleach and Naruto usually score over 1 million in the ratings, while Soul Eater sometimes does, and when it doesn't, it's usually no less than 900K.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:20 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:

Anime scores 300k.

Not happening.

Bleach and Naruto usually score over 1 million in the ratings, while Soul Eater sometimes does, and when it doesn't, it's usually no less than 900K.

I surmise it's because his numbers are the prized 18-34 age demo, while yours are total numbers.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Still, I find Toonami's numbers to be very impressive, much better than [adult swim]'s anime ratings a year ago. If the 18-34 demo is only getting 300K, then what demographic does the other 700k come from for Bleach and Naruto?
11G4GUNOT

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:40 pm Reply with quote
michaelarroyo01 wrote:
TitanXL wrote:
The 4Kids rap was catchier.

Dude. Sick Burn!

YotaruVegeta wrote:
TitanXL, you know you're wrong for that!

When I read "One Piece" and "Rhyming," I nearly had a panic attack. Thankfully it wasn't 4Kids round 2.
LOL VIZ and nothing about Australia.
Ambimunch wrote:
Meanwhile we in Canada are stuck with iCarly....get your shit together YTV!

Board of Canada was the warning. Let's attack Corus-Nelvana for qubo then contact Turner/Willams Street over there Very Happy

yotsubafanfan wrote:
I wish they would replace one of the kid shows (symbionic titan anyone?) or miss an episode of Family guy and the Cleveland show for just ONE NIGHT a week so we can have time for anime and action shows (I don't mind Boondocks being on though, I love it) but take their time slots and replace it with a classic anime, personally I'd love to see Neon Genesis Evangelion get a slot on the schedule, I haven't seen all of it yet but this is coming from someone who isn't all into Action shows (The only one's I've seen are a few episodes of Inuyasha and Cowboy Bebop) I say it's amazing what I've seen so far, and it kind of makes me giggle when they talk about things that happened in the "past". But yeah, Neon Genesis Evangelion on Toonami would be a dream come true!

Now This is why [adult swim] and Cartoon Network are acting like Nickelodeon replaying FOX Animation Domination. Because of this Futurama on Comedy Central are getting cancelled again then The Cleveland Show on FOX good. Why [adult swim]? you are boring. PurpleWarrior13 Mentioned expand like [adult swim] in 2003 this is the 10th anniversary of Futurama on [adult swim] then.
Soundmonkey44 wrote:
AbZeroNow wrote:
marcos torres toledo wrote:
Great to have One Piece but what happens to Soul Eater that was it's time slot and that series isn't finish yet. Mad

Soul Eater got pushed back a half hour so it follows One Piece.

Since I don't plan on getting Hulu, and I have to watch something from the beginning due to my OCD, I won't be watching One Piece.

I hope when they do replace Eureka 7, that they have something good and not more crap like SBT, Thundercats and IGPX because right now it's down to Soul Eater, Eureka 7 and Inuyasha for me.

Does DVD count? Season 1 Voyage to Season 3 Voyage.
*Skips Skypiea arc* Starts on Season 4 Voyage skips first 9 episodes. leaving 168-206 episodes on DVD the rest on funimation.com then blocks outside United States goes facepalming.
Total 39 episodes all I could say is FAIL. Replaced Tenchi Muyo GXP and Cowboy Bebop. Where's Eureka 7 AO and InuYasha The Final ACT?

Sorry @Soundmonkey44 that was unintentional for 2 CN shows

Last edited by 11G4GUNOT on Sun May 19, 2013 6:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8