• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Milky Holmes Cast to Voice My Little Pony in Japan

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
Aww, I think this is really cool. The Milky Holmes cast has voices as cute as a bunch of buttons, so I just know they'll make the ponies sound super duper sweet! I hope that the show is successful and helps sell some sparkly pink merchandise!!

Well you know what they say

But on a serious note I do hope the show does well in Japan and bring joy to children and adults alike as it has here.

Also, maybe an MLP Manga, would be a nice compliment to the U.S. comic.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:09 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
People say this about everything ("Japan likes X!") so I take it with a grain of salt at this point since it's all baseless.

You mean like you jump on anything that's not originated in Japan as if its very existence causes you great physical pain and agony? Your Japanophilia is so beyond ridiculous that you have about as little credibility as is even possible in these matters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:09 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:

As long as they stay in those furry doujin events and out of Comiket that's fine. Furry stuff can have their own events if they want.

I hate to break it to you buuuuuuuuuuuuuut...
Jonny Manz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Soundmonkey44 wrote:

That would be, to quote Rainbow Dash, "SO! AWESOME!"
RoseTech

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:
TitanXL wrote:

Or it'll end up like Avatar and bomb and get cancelled before even half the episodes air.

You're not aware of the relatively decent sized crowd over there for this show, are you?
LOTS of fancomics coming out of japan surprisingly enough and a pretty amusing 4Koma too.
While I'm not a huge fan of the whole 'brony' movement here, I do appreciate the fan content made stateside and most of what I've seen from japan is diabeetus inducing levels of cute.

Yup, when I was there for Comiket there was plenty of MLP doujinshi circles.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Only been a short time since this article was posted, and already so many responses. Pony fans. Extremely scary.
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:25 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Only been a short time since this article was posted, and already so many responses. Pony fans. Extremely scary.

Jesus, pudding, this isn't even close to "extremely scary pony fans".
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Woah, I almost confused this article with the one I just replied to.

That said, they can lure me in with Milky Holmes cast, I still won't care about ponies.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:29 pm Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:
NeoPhoenixTE wrote:
The Brony plague is about to cross international waters.

Time to see what kind of "favorite pony" crossovers the Japanese fans will come up with.

That already happens. Just like how we download and fansub shows from there, they do the same with shows from other countries. There are even fans of english voice actors like Tara Strong over there from the 2chan discussions.
It's like looking into a horrific mirror.. or a mirror that shows us our horrific nerd visage. Crazy westaboos as counterparts to crazed anime fans in the US.

I am fascinated by the indie comics / doujins featuring American characters. I still need to somehow find that crazy Alan Moore one.

Heck, I want to see Japanese dubs of other shows, ones I do watch. I already saw a short clip of Japanese Gravity Falls. Disney is pretty quick in Japan and a huge company there obviously. Not sure about Cartoon Network shows like Regular Show and Adventure Time.
Myaow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:31 pm Reply with quote
The Xenos wrote:
Heck, I want to see Japanese dubs of other shows, ones I do watch. I already saw a short clip of Japanese Gravity Falls. Disney is pretty quick in Japan and a huge company there obviously. Not sure about Cartoon Network shows like Regular Show and Adventure Time.

Adventure Time JUST got a Japanese dub / TV serialization very recently. Romi Paku is the voice of Finn and Rie Tanaka does Princess Bubblegum!
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Jonny Manz wrote:
Soundmonkey44 wrote:

That would be, to quote Rainbow Dash, "SO! AWESOME!"

Yes, yes it would be.

But yeah, sounds like BUSHIROAD really has their shiz together, Hasbro made a smart choice in letting them be the ones to distribute it in Japan, I trust they will do a good job.

Keep on Trottin around the globe and prosper MLP.

Now if only we could make Adventure Time big in Japan as well, we'd be gold! Anime hyper.

Also we must of course evenutally have the moe-ified Anime Spin-off *You know like PPGZ, but good! Anime hyper*

But i'm being silly i'll leave you all to your excitement &/or fear.

Last edited by Soundmonkey44 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:38 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:

This isn't even "a lot of posts"
Fabe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:44 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:

Please ,Like this is the first time a ANN article resulted in lots of thread posts
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Bronies of Japan rejoice. Surprised
Crispy45

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Soundmonkey44 wrote:
Yep, and maybe after watching it, the kids who view it will grow up and make GOOD ANIME. Something that is getting harder & harder to find these days.

LOLNO. Please go back to Ponychan. Bronies like you are why the show has such a bad rep >_> Japan will care about this as much as other shows they dub there

spoiler[None at all]
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 12