• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Voice Actor

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
I'm worried that the lady who does Tetsu from Peacemaker will do Naruto.

Luci Christiansen is ADV. Hopefully we won't be hearing any of them...

I'd like Mark Hildreth as Sasuke, though he might sound just a tad older. And maybe.. Brad Swaile as Rock? Not sure about that one either, but I can't remember any other guy with a high voice other than Richard Cox, though I'm tired of hearing him as Inu Yasha.
OTP

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
aside from Zatch all of her rolls have been pretty minor, I'm not so sure she's got the acting ability to support a mega series like Naruto.
Emerje

What about Jimmy Neutron?
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:09 am Reply with quote
[quote="Tony K."]I'd like Mark Hildreth as Sasuke, though he might sound just a tad older.[quote]

That's OK, the Japanese Sasuke has a pretty deep voice too, just as long as he could pull off the angst. I'd also kinda like to see Kirby Morrow, but I'm not sure he can do the angsty (he can do moody though). Fail that he'd make a good Neiji.

Quote:
And maybe.. Brad Swaile as Rock?

That would actually work, so would Scott Menville who has a great range of high voices (as long as he does energetic over nerdy).

Aside from Naruto, I think the hardest one to peg will be Choji, the Japanese actor gave him a very piggish sounding voice that'll be hard to reproduce without making it sound too unnatural.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:48 am Reply with quote
OTP wrote:
Emerje wrote:
aside from Zatch all of her rolls have been pretty minor, I'm not so sure she's got the acting ability to support a mega series like Naruto.
Emerje

What about Jimmy Neutron?

I just don't think highly of Jimmy Neutron period. Wink I stand by what I said about her acting ability. For girl voices she does OK, but her boy voices seem far too stressed and cartoony, She'd need a much more natural voice with a better range to pull off Naruto.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2