• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Great 2010 Twitter Give-Away

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:24 pm Reply with quote
I already follow @anime but if by some miracle I do win the lottery, I'd need to find some understanding person willing not only to give me their address but willing to go through the hassle of posting it to me (and not keeping it for themselves :p).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Takeyo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Looks that way, endless.

I'm among those who loath Twitter with the white-hot passion of a thousand suns, but good luck to those are caving. This looks like a great contest. thanks ANN and S23!
Crystal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:26 pm Reply with quote
TheTheory wrote:
I've been morally opposed to twitter. like, hardcore.

Me too, actually. I guess I could just create one for this like a bunch of others, but then again I already have the first Clannad and Ghost Hound sets, and the only thing I really want from this would be the other Clannad ones.
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Wait. So I can get ANN news updates on my phone? Even if I don't win a prize (which I hope I do, of course) I STILL win!
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:16 pm Reply with quote
I don't get the whole "moral opposition" thing. I was slow on the uptake myself, but having an instant-feedback aggregated news ticker is something I find indescribably useful, especially on a smartphone. What's so "immoral" about that? (Yes, I know there's snark involved, but still...)

Granted, client software makes it a hell of a lot more useful. If you just use the website, yeah, it kinda blows.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:17 pm Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
I don't get the whole "moral opposition" thing. I was slow on the uptake myself, but having an instant-feedback aggregated news ticker is something I find indescribably useful, especially on a smartphone. What's so "immoral" about that?

Granted, client software makes it a hell of a lot more useful. If you just use the website, yeah, it kinda blows.

Ah, apparently you didn't get the memo; the wisest, coolest guy in the room is always the one who's blindly opposed to whatever's popular.
TheTheory

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
the wisest, coolest guy in the room

Well, you did properly peg me. I'm impressed. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kirikiri23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I followed even though I don't live in America and have no friends there

Hope I win

*edit* I think I kind of have a friend in Canada
so I'll send it to them if I win and they can have it
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I already follow @anime but if by some miracle I do win the lottery, I'd need to find some understanding person willing not only to give me their address but willing to go through the hassle of posting it to me (and not keeping it for themselves :p).

Shiroi Hane, it is your lucky day. For I, Blood-, am as honest as the day is long. If you win, I will GLADLY take possession of the prize and - of course! - pass it along to you as agreed.

Heh-heh-heh...
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:07 pm Reply with quote
TheTheory wrote:
I've been morally opposed to twitter. like, hardcore.

but I guess sacrifices must be made for potentially free anime.
I think Twitter is the dumbest thing ever created but you could not have said it any better. I guess it is time to join the Dark Side. The next obstacle before I join the "cool" people: coming up with a user name.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Wow, how did ANN get some username like "Anime"? I'd have thought someone would have grabbed it right away long ago. Unless they had it from the very beginning...
leftbehindxp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:27 pm Reply with quote
keikanna44 wrote:
This Sucks Sad I refuse to twitter. I caved in with facebook but I'm not going to twitter not even for free dvds. Good luck to the everyone. (crying)

Are you kidding me? Shocked BTW I hardly use typical emoticons beyond the Smile or Very Happy but holy crap your phrase deserves Shocked or something much worse. Just make an account for this and delete it afterwards, not that hard.
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:28 pm Reply with quote
I only heard about Twitter about 2 days ago on Rangerboard. I'd never heard of it before. But anything that lets me get news about what shows have been licensed while i'm at a resturant is OK by me!
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Well I sign up for the contest and resist the urge to update my twitter every half hour! The main reason I haven't joined, I know I'd end up getting totally addicted to it.
lkmjr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Twitter's always seemed pointless to me... until now. The possibility for free anime changes everything. Anime smile;;
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5