• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Asura Cryin' 2 TV Anime Sequel

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Essedus wrote:
Well, it IS a dick move: they don't have the first season.

Ah, so that was the reason for the comment. It had me scratching my head there. I can see why it is now too.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Anyone who's seen enough mecha anime know this anime is awful.
CR has Linebarrels of Iron already, watch it before and you'll understand why Asura Cryin' is called a copycat.

I watched a couple of episode of Asura Cryin' and have been meaning to watch more. The first episode of Linebarrels was all I could stand to watch.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
loka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:49 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

you're comparing this show to mecha anime. it is only the slightest bit mecha. I assume you consider Kiba, S-cry-ed, etc, mecha as well?

Good for them for letting crunchyroll show it (their first?). and crunchyroll could do a lot worse than Asura Cryin'.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:56 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

CR has Linebarrels of Iron already, watch it before and you'll understand why Asura Cryin' is called a copycat.

are you serious?? linebarrels was horrendous and im pretty sure a majority would agree! hisashi hirai character designs? ugh no thanks! another example of gonzos inability to make a decent anime adaptation. asura cryin' is a decent entertaining show. no masterpiece, but hey, at least its watchable Smile
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Love Asura Cryin' because of the fanservice and hot women,
mozychan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:14 pm Reply with quote
JairStout wrote:
Essedus wrote:
Well, it IS a dick move: they don't have the first season.

Ah, so that was the reason for the comment. It had me scratching my head there. I can see why it is now too.

Read the official announcement. Crunchyroll is also getting season one. Happy now?

-moose
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quote
loka wrote:
you're comparing this show to mecha anime. it is only the slightest bit mecha. I assume you consider Kiba, S-cry-ed, etc, mecha as well?

Err, excuse me?
Asura Cryin'. Take a look at this and you'll see "Themes: Ghost, Mecha, School"
Did you even watch this anime to say that?
If so:
Did you notice the mechas(machina) fighting each other, almost every episode?
Did you even notice what the plot was about?
Asura Cryin', the name means the combo of a demon and a machina who's made a contract with a human.
So basically you just denied the anime's name.

S-CRY-ed ain't mecha. Did I even need to answer that? Bad example to pick, this anime is one of my favorite.

Yes, Linebarrels of Iron was awful, but I watched all 24 episodes to be able to tell. And I've watched the full season 1 of Asura Cryin' as well, otherwise I wouldn't make the comparison.

Shiroi Hane, I enjoyed the first episodes as well, but it got worse. In my point of view at least, the anime was really crappy.

And just like I said before, I don't pay CR's super cheap subscription to watch top sellers.
So this isn't a complaint.
bigheart711

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:22 pm Reply with quote
ThatOneMan wrote:
bigheart711 wrote:
Another d**k move thanks to Crunchyroll. Sad

huh? I am thoroughly confused how this could be a "dick move".
Me and my friends all had a horribly boring experience with the Asura Cryin' saga and also remembered how sorry we felt for anyone who reviewed it from last year. That was why it was such a "dick move". Sorry if I offeded anyone out there.
Xanas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:57 pm Reply with quote
If it was boring surely you stopped after 1 or 2 episodes?

I actually liked it. I was initially bored but picked up a better quality fansub and the increased attractiveness of the show thanks to this actually made it enjoyable (it's also possible that the later episodes were better.. but there was still some goofiness).

I am looking forward to season 2, but it's no masterpiece. I'd probably put it in the 'good' at this point.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:05 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Oh god, not Asura Cryin'.
What.... what... what.. what the....
Great, that's all I wanted, the copycat anime on CR, perfect.
With so many others out there.

ninjaclown wrote:
Some people say d*ck move, others say this is awesome. I don't get it. :?

The anime itself mightn't be a d**k, but the main protagonist definitely is.
If a fangirl group surge from this anime, for that protagonist, that's gonna be the funniest joke this year.

Exactly. Even before Zac reviewed this anime, just by reading the description alone I knew this would be absolutely horriable and already done. Is it really that difficult to create a series that hasn't been overdone or copy cated?

I don't like Crunchyroll for several reasons, but to show the second season before the first is stupid. But then again,looking at Crunchyroll's past, I am not surprized at all.

But in all seriousness, even Queen's Blade is better than Asura, and that is saying a lot.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:00 am Reply with quote
Ugh. It's threads like this that make it very hard for me to follow the "show respect and be polite" rule around here. The incessant bitching about CR on the part of some - whose spelling and grasp of grammar suggests a dubious literacy (witness the genius above me) - is so incredibly tedious.

Isn't it obvious what CR's ultimate goal is? They are clearly shooting for the day when they will offer as simulcasts ALL anime series offered in Japan. By the time the 13 new series start, they will be over half way to that goal. So for the first time in history, North American viewers have a LEGITIMATE access to a significant chunk of anime being broadcast in Japan now. And still the whining will continue, of course.

To the retards who still piss and moan about CR's fansub origins: get the eff over it. What's important is how it is operating now, not what happened in the past.

Now if you will all excuse me, I have to go shower to try and wash off some of the stupidity that splashed all over me when I entered this thread.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:04 am Reply with quote
This is a series that has moe looking elements that I enjoy. Other than the hot women, I loved the first season due to the character relationships and the kick ass computer graphics.
ThatOneMan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

I don't like Crunchyroll for several reasons, but to show the second season before the first is stupid. But then again,looking at Crunchyroll's past, I am not surprized at all.

What the hell? Please re-read. They are going to add the first season according to their press release and their forum post. I know you may not like how its origins are rooted in a grey area but that doesn't mean you have to find fault in everything they do especially when such a thing isnt true.
souleater

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Man, either you work for Funi or you fansub a series that CR picked up, because there's no way anybody could retain such irrational hatred about such a great site.
Anath_19

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:37 am Reply with quote
Interestingly enough, Crunchyroll updated their website today to explain how soon they would be putting up the first season... which turned out to be 7pm PST today (although non-subscribers only get the first seven episodes until next Wednesday). I think it's a pretty nice move on their part.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3