• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
OMG it's coming ad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himemiya

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's counting down to July 16th, which is my birthday... so maybe it's a party for meeee!

Well, probably not, but it's a nice wish.
kuri73

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:04 pm Reply with quote
The code for the ad says "TargetDate = "07/16/2009 12:00 PM", so it's late for the next Harry Potter movie and too soon for Otakon, anyhow...

I'm not sure.
Slowzhand

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:01 am Reply with quote
Himemiya wrote:
Well, it's counting down to July 16th, which is my birthday... so maybe it's a party for meeee!

Well, probably not, but it's a nice wish.

Ha! It's my birthday too!! So... perhaps it's a mass birthday for all of us!! Very Happy
Case

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:21 pm Reply with quote
They updated the site today, instead of an alien-shaped nondescript headshot we now have an alien-shaped nondescript full-body portrait.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:18 pm Reply with quote
*clears cache*
Ah, so they have. Doesn't ring any bells (and no, they haven't uploaded any other images ahead of schedule - I checked. Obviously not a FUNimation license then Razz)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
9hoenix_

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 pm Reply with quote
It could be related to Kannagi since the English fan club website updates every Thursday.
Gamer_Girl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:10 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was an ad for OMGcon when I first saw it. But it's not... v.v
AWTWB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:10 am Reply with quote
First thing it looked like to me was Sexy Commando. Only reason that I thought that is the shoulder pads.

But no one would ever license Sexy Commando Crying or Very sad .
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:06 am Reply with quote
The date is July 16th at Noon EDT (if math serves me). That takes out the possibility of an Otakon announcement (or does it) so I'm thinking either a big new series is coming to the ANN library of streams or there's going to be a site revamp*. My money's leaning toward the latter.

*-not necessarily ANN's site.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:34 am Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
The date is July 16th at Noon EDT (if math serves me). That takes out the possibility of an Otakon announcement (or does it) so I'm thinking either a big new series is coming to the ANN library of streams or there's going to be a site revamp*. My money's leaning toward the latter.

*-not necessarily ANN's site.

Since Dan doesn't know what it is I think we can rule out it directly involving ANN. Looks like they're changing the image on the linked site every once in a while. This second one kinda looks like a girl dancing. I don't think those are shoulder pads, but the sleeves sweeping up and the arms come down. Kinda looks like a ballerina standing on her right foot with her left leg back. Of course these could be just random silhouettes that have nothing to do with the announcement. I wouldn't rule out this being for a game or movie, too.

Doing a tiny bit of investigating it seems like the site is being hosted in PA, but the contact info is through a private host rather than listing the name of the company that set it up, probably to help keep it secret.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Panda Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:02 am Reply with quote
9hoenix_ wrote:
It could be related to Kannagi since the English fan club website updates every Thursday.

I think you are right, because today, the Nagi-Sama Fan Club gt updated with a distorted image, and it won't show who is in it until next Thursday.

Here is the link to the page with the image: http://nagisamafanclub.com/what.html
Masura

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I honestly dont know what it is
First a man, then a mysterious figure, and now a car?
jdodd91

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:43 pm Reply with quote
The image on the website changed from a creepy silhouette guy to a silhouette car??? Shocked .....now i'm even more confused as to what it could be... Crying or Very sad
Starre257

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:20 am Reply with quote
I have an idea of what it could be...

The two series that came to mind first when I saw those pictures have something in common. It has something to do with something I saw posted by an American distributor on their website a while ago (like a few weeks - a month ago).

I don't want to say what my guess is right now, though. If the image changes again and it's related to what I think it might be, then I may say something. It's just that what I think it might be isn't likely. It's something a lot of anime fans have been hoping for for a long time and whenever anyone brings up a rumor of it happening, everyone says it's wishful thinking and the rumor turns out to be false. At least with the half of it that people I talk to would care about that happens...

I guess I'll say that with what I'm thinking of, it wouldn't be a license announcement, but something like that that would make a lot of people happy. But it's not very likely.
Starre257

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:25 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
*clears cache*
Ah, so they have. Doesn't ring any bells (and no, they haven't uploaded any other images ahead of schedule - I checked. Obviously not a FUNimation license then Razz)

Oh... well I posted a vague description of an unlikely guess in the other thread about this subject. That guess was FUNimation-related. So, as I thought, my idea was probably wrong.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6