• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Girls und Panzer (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:02 pm Reply with quote
you never know, somewhere out there there could be a tank gunner who is secretly tuned on by what he does
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quote
are the freshman girls not using the 75mm gun or does Ayumi serve as both loader and gunner? the info in the recap didn't have a loader for that gun
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:01 pm Reply with quote
They have used the 75mm gun twice so far.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:16 pm Reply with quote
ok then, guess i need to pay more attention
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:31 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

Now, I realize the Type 89 has a weak gun, but if it's so weak that, spoiler[upon having a clear shot at the side of a tank, they don't even bother firing, what is the point of including it in a sport which is all tank-on-tank combat?]
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:51 am Reply with quote
the scenes from next week make me think they will try and become a serious story based on a really anything but serious anime.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:53 am Reply with quote
ep.6
spoiler[so now after blasting one of the sherman tank cue radio sherman spy person going on why yet oh awkward meet with one of the oarai tanks cue the chase.

radio sherman running from all 5 oarai tank with radio spy female going panic-breakdown-WHY they going to get ya mode til here more sherman tanks to chase in.

with shooting & tank down cue one snipe shot down goes all the sherman hurray they win but reizei's family member got ill til miho's sister gve reizei ride to her grandparents.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

The one comanding her flag tank was pretty stupid to not allow for the chance spoiler[they were figured out and were being tricked, and useing her tank to chase after an enemy that happened to stumble upon it]. Obviously she was being spoiler[lead into a trap and, along with playing dirtier than the team leader wanted], I don't think she will like the debriefing. To be fair our girls were spoiler[also kind of lead into the same trap afterwards, but they had to keep fireing at the falg tank so their one chance relied on pursuit.]

Sister may not be too bad in spoiler[showing some compasion when Mako found out bad news about her grandmother], hopefully everything will turn out allright. And I liked that spoiler[Saori went with her], there is something quite enjoty about seeing the kind of deeper friendship between Saori and Mako.

EDIT: Forgot to add in "spoiler[Yay they won]!".
Zork

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:27 am Reply with quote
Things learned from Episode 6:

I chuckled when it was revealed that Shermans are surprisingly comfy.

The British commander sure has some interesting thoughts.

Mako's ringtone is cute.

Tankwando is an honorable sport.

Also I would like to add that I absolutely love the animation of GuP, especially the motion dynamics of the tanks. Really awesome.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Twelve episodes won't be enough for this show, I don't want it to simply end when the competition ends. If sales are as good tracking shows them to be, I hope we'll see a sequel sometime next year. 20k a volume would be massive here.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:53 pm Reply with quote
If anything we'll be seeing an adaptation of the Little Army prequel manga I'd think. I suppose a sequel isn't outside the realm of possibility though. 20k is quite high. I'd be very happy with a ~12k average or so.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:25 am Reply with quote
It always cracks me up when a Japanese girl says, spoiler["Jesus!"] in English. This show reminds me of Saki so much in that I get right into the tension of the competition even though I know that our girls are going to win the match. The show manages to have me on the edge of my seat even though the outcome is preordained.

I'm pretty sure when Interceptor-san said, spoiler["It's a slam dunk!" that was the translator's sly reference to CIA director George Tennant's comment to President Bush that it was a "slam dunk" that there were WMD in Iraq.] Nice!

Also loved, spoiler["the tanks would be sad" comment. ] Gotta love the honour of tankery!

I agree - this show needs to go far beyond a mere twelve.
FD2Raptor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:59 am Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
Episode 6

Now, I realize the Type 89 has a weak gun, but if it's so weak that, spoiler[upon having a clear shot at the side of a tank, they don't even bother firing, what is the point of including it in a sport which is all tank-on-tank combat?]

There is something that haven't been brought up in this topic is that, the Owarai's tanks are numbered in kanji when they were found.

Miho - Panzer IV Ausf. D - 6
History club - StuG III - 7
1st year - M3 Lee - 4
Student Council - Pz38(t) - 8
Volleyball club - Type 89 I-Go - 1

That leaves number 2,3 and 5 as potentially yet-to-be-founded tanks. The 3 tanks with larger numbering have occupied much of GuP's screen time.

So I'll just throw out a guess that right now, the volley team is probably there to temporarily fill the rank; they'll found their mid-season-upgrade, a better tank with the appropriate bigger number, when the show decides it's their time to shine, maybe?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:46 am Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
Episode 6

Presumably it has other advantages that make it worth keeping around - as a scout, for example. spoiler[In fact, I'm assuming that's what it was doing when it stumbled on the Firefly.] I loved the fact they didn't even spoiler[bother wasting time and ammo by firing.]
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:49 am Reply with quote
It's amazing how little chatter I'm seeing over the episode's most important line. Did everybody just miss the bit where Arisa says spoiler[Ooarai's about to be shut down]?

I also can't help but wonder if this Takashi might be relevant in the future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 30