• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Guessing Game, Round 15

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:13 am Reply with quote
Sub:

Character A: Shut up! After all I've done for you, you screw me at the very end! You'll pay for that!

Character B: Oh yeah? *Punches A* That was my way of saying thanks.

Character A: Thanks?

Character B: Yeah. when I was on the wrong path as a kid, you led me back to the straight and narrow. So this is my way of... *Bows to A*

Character A: Thanking me, huh?

Hint #1: spoiler[B grew up to be a cop while A became a corrupt politician.]

Hint #2: spoiler[A's crimes were exposed at the unveiling of a space elevator.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Hint #3: spoiler[B's job usually involves fighting power armored criminals with power armor of his own, but his fight with A is just some good old fisticuffs. ]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:32 am Reply with quote
Hint #4: spoiler[This is from the end of the second season of a show by the director of Code Geass that uses character designs from the artist of a currently running Shonen Jump cooking manga.]
Raftina

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:36 am Reply with quote
spoiler[ This is Takeru from Active Raid S2 speaking to Inagi, during Inagi's arrest.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:24 am Reply with quote
Correct.
Raftina

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:02 am Reply with quote
sub
I... was never the person you looked up to. Whenever you were with others, I'd deliberately interrupt you. I'd pretend to be helping and deliberately drag you away. I wanted to be the only one you cared about. I didn't want to let anyone else have you!
Key

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:05 am Reply with quote
I believe this is spoiler[Chinatsu confessing her real feelings to Suzuko during their reconciliation in the next-to-last episode of Lostorage Incited WIXOSS.]

Still have to watch the last episode of that one. . .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Raftina

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:38 pm Reply with quote
That is correct.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:38 pm Reply with quote
New quote, from the dub. Fair warning that I am going to get very particular about the naming of Character B (for reasons that should be clear if you identify the scene).

Character A: "We were changing. At first it was just tiny steps but slowly it grew to strides, leaps, and bounds. Things we once saw as possible became the everyday. I think that's why our father decided to give us the test now, while we're still young. He wants us to find our weaknesses and overcome them before we have to make our own in the world."
Character B: "I hear the sound of pudding approaching."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:50 am Reply with quote
Hint #1: spoiler[The approaching pudding is coming courtesy of a sibling of both speakers.]
Key

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Hint #2: spoiler[Exactly why the sibling delivering the pudding is walking to the house is a mystery since he has a much faster means of transportation at his disposal.]
Key

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:28 am Reply with quote
Hint #3: spoiler[Both speakers and the the pudding-bearer have super-powers. . . well, technically speaking Character B is a super-power.]
Key

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:20 am Reply with quote
Hint #4: spoiler[The originating version of Character B (who is Character A's fraternal twin) is vying to become the successor to their father as the next ruler of their country. Character A, contrarily, seems to have little personal interest in competing himself.]
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:29 am Reply with quote
I guess this is from spoiler[Castle Town Dandelion. A is Haruka while B is Bubu, one of Misaki's clones. I'm not sure what the context is though. I guess Haruka is trying to give advice while Bubu the glutton is only interested in eating.] That's my best guess.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:33 am Reply with quote
Sorry for the delay; I actually thought I had responded to this already.

Can0 is close enough.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 72 of 101