• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[todo] Merge: Oki SUGIYAMA(#63037)=>Ooki SUGIYAMA(#54650)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:52 am Reply with quote
The kanji 杉山 大 can be read as
SUGIYAMA Dai (no kanji name, 4 cast credits)
SUGIYAMA Hiroshi (杉山 大, 10 cast credits, 1977-08-05, picture)
SUGIYAMA Oki (no kanji name, 1 cast credit, filed as correction for "Hiroshi")
SUGIYAMA Ooki (杉山 大, 12 cast credits, 1977-08-05, picture, Wikipedia page with reading すぎやま おおき, website with ca. 50 anime credits)
amongst many other possibilities. With both pictures looking very similar and the website containing all four credits of SUGIYAMA Dai, the one credit for SUGIYAMA Oki and 9 out of 10 credits for SUGIYAMA Hiroshi (excluding one unnamed role in an ONA), this is obviously the same person.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

4 credits moved (flag&add) from Dai SUGIYAMA to Ooki SUGIYAMA; please hide all entries for Dai SUGIYAMA.
10 credits moved (flag&add) from Hiroshi SUGIYAMA to Ooki SUGIYAMA; please hide all entries for Hiroshi SUGIYAMA.
(I used the credit list at Ooki SUGIYAMA's website as source for all moved credits; hopefully this page will live long enough to not be inferior to the Wikipedia page.)

1 credit moved (flag&add) from Oki SUGIYAMA to Ooki SUGIYAMA; please hide the credit entry for Oki SUGIYAMA.
(I'd also be fine if dormcat preferred merging Oki to Ooki as the U.S. DVDs apparently use "Oki" as spelling according to some error report filed for a "Hiroshi" credit. The best solution might be renaming Ooki SUGIYAMA to Ōki Sugiyama which would match Oki SUGIYAMA for romanized input without any warning message.)

Last edited by Devil Doll on Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:52 am Reply with quote
Devil Doll wrote:

4 credits moved (flag&add) from Dai SUGIYAMA to Ooki SUGIYAMA; please hide all entries for Dai SUGIYAMA.
10 credits moved (flag&add) from Hiroshi SUGIYAMA to Ooki SUGIYAMA; please hide all entries for Hiroshi SUGIYAMA.
(I used the credit list at Ooki SUGIYAMA's website as source for all moved credits; hopefully this page will live long enough to not be inferior to the Wikipedia page.)

Neither his website nor the Wikipedia page mentioned the credit moved for Ouran High School Host Club (it lists a role for the series, but a different one) or Wings of Rean. I managed to find a source on them, though.

Devil Doll wrote:
1 credit moved (flag&add) from Oki SUGIYAMA to Ooki SUGIYAMA; please hide the credit entry for Oki SUGIYAMA.
(I'd also be fine if dormcat preferred merging Oki to Ooki as the U.S. DVDs apparently use "Oki" as spelling according to some error report filed for a "Hiroshi" credit. The best solution might be renaming Ooki SUGIYAMA to Ōki Sugiyama which would match Oki SUGIYAMA for romanized input without any warning message.)

Merging to Ōki Sugiyama would be good, though I can't do that. I've cleared all the duplicate entries, so that's done at least.
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:15 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the thorough check.

Thread subject changed to "[todo] Merge" although a "Rename to Ōki Sugiyama" (by Dan42?) might be the more elegant solution.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1