• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] Split required: Takashi Yoshida (#8007)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Takashi Yoshida is at least two different people for certain, and a few uncertain others.

Takashi Yoshida (seiyuu)
吉田孝
Baobab Japanese Wikipedia
Hometown, Website, Non-anime roles, Picture, and all cast credits are his.

Takashi Yoshida (music producer)
吉田隆
allcinema
All "Music Production" credits are his, though it is difficult to confirm the Strange Love credit since no source is given and can't find Japanese credits. "Music Director" on Casshan: Robot Hunter appears to be him, but "Producer" is not (see below on that one).

Takashi(?) Yoshida (producer)
吉田陸 (Source)
Searching his credits on Japanese Wikipedia turns up a producer role on the Gatchaman OVA
According to ENAMDICT, "Takashi" is a legitimate reading, but there are several others and it doesn't appear to be the most common one either, so it may be uncertain. Does anyone have access to the official R1 DVD credits of Casshan or Gatchaman OVA's to see what they say here? No source is noted for Casshan.

Takashi Yoshida (technical director)
吉田隆
Name is shown in pdf in source for Appleseed: Ex Machina. It's the same kanji as the "music producer" but it seems like a different job (doesn't seem like a music-related thing) so could be a different person.

Shun(?) Yoshida (original creator of D-1 Devastator)
吉田俊
I'm not sure what to think of this, as I can't really find much of who this guy is since his name is so ambiguous and don't know much about the D-1 Devastator OVA either. Japanese Wikipedia's entry on D-1 Devastator notes him for manga too as "Original work", but is seemingly not the author of it (so don't know to say he's a mangaka either) Also, while Takashi is a valid reading in ENAMDICT, searching on Japanese Wikipedia shows that "Shun" and "Toshi" seem to be more common, at least with people that have entries there.

Last edited by EmperorBrandon on Tue May 25, 2010 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:02 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
(?) Yoshida (original creator of D-1 Devastator)
吉田俊
I'm not sure what to think of this, as I can't really find much of who this guy is since his name is so ambiguous and don't know much about the D-1 Devastator OVA either. Japanese Wikipedia's entry on D-1 Devastator notes him for manga too as "Original work", but is seemingly not the author of it (so don't know to say he's a mangaka either) Also, while Takashi is a valid reading in ENAMDICT, searching on Japanese Wikipedia shows that "Shun" and "Toshi" seem to be more common, at least with people that have entries there.
Amongst the persons at ANN there are about 6 (ANN Google search gives more than one hit for some persons...) with "俊" as given name of which all are "Shun" except for one "Satoshi" (with 1 credit only, based on a D2_STATION kanji source but no source for the reading). So I'd go with "Shun" for this one.
ANN doesn't have a "Shun Yoshida" yet (only Shunji Yoshida 吉田 俊司 with a lot of anime credits as Episode Director who "covers" all queries for "吉田 俊").

EmperorBrandon wrote:
Takashi(?) Yoshida (producer)
吉田陸 (Source)
Searching his credits on Japanese Wikipedia turns up a producer role on the Gatchaman OVA
According to ENAMDICT, "Takashi" is a legitimate reading, but there are several others and it doesn't appear to be the most common one either, so it may be uncertain.
"陸" (8 EDICT readings) appears to be "Riku" based on all four "陸" persons at ANN and the company "Rikuentai" (陸演隊). No "Riku Yoshida" yet at ANN, and no hit for "吉田陸" in either livedoor wiki or JMDB so she (female name) appears to be no anime regular.

Casshan OVA source for "吉田 陸" (whitespace separated): http://www.tatsunoko.co.jp/works/archive/ova_casharn.html

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For both other names the majority of persons at ANN is "Takashi".
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Devil Doll wrote:
"陸" (8 EDICT readings) appears to be "Riku" based on all four "陸" persons at ANN and the company "Rikuentai" (陸演隊). No "Riku Yoshida" yet at ANN, and no hit for "吉田陸" in either livedoor wiki or JMDB so she (female name) appears to be no anime regular.

"Riku" seems to be the most common reading of the kanji, but that would only seem to be likely if the person actually happens to be female (no way of knowing that, and it seems kind of unlikely given that producers on anime tend to be male, I think).

Note: I've created "Shun Yoshida" for the last one. The source it was taken from gives no indication of the guy's name reading, and it's best to go with most common if there is no indication otherwise.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:17 am Reply with quote
I've split all the staff credits into a "producer" entry at
person#90485
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:27 am Reply with quote
changed the producer entry to "music producer" and split off the producer credit at
person#91154
and split the CG credit at
person#91155
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1