• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Which manga series do you have the most of?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:13 pm Reply with quote
The manga series that I have the most volumes of is the complete 34 volume set of Urusei Yatsura. I actually bought the entire series at the Mandrake store in Nakano on my very first trip to Japan.

The second largest series in my collection right now is Kimagure Orange Road.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:37 am Reply with quote
20/23 of Fruits Basket

18/18 of Fushigi Yuugi

14/14 of From Far Away and Ayashi no Ceres...

I do have a whole two volumes of Tsubasa, but will be a while before I start working on buying those...
Tamaria

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:38 am Reply with quote
Ranma 1/2 1-38 (German edition)
Bleach 1-29
Eyeshield 21 1-29
Saint Seiya 1-28
Rurouni Kenshin 1-28

Red River 1-27
Basara 1-27
Iron Wok Jan 1-27

bold = complete series

Why do I the complete Ranma 1/2 series? Because it was only €100 and I definitely got €100 worth of entertainment out of it.
Mninja2500

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:27 am Reply with quote
Mine is Gravitation and Reborn!

Gravi 1-12 ( It's extremely funny and has a good story)

Reborn! 2-10 ( It's funny and I like the characters and the story is good)
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I have volumes 1-22 of Fullmetal Alchemist, but I haven't read the last 6 or so Embarassed .
wicked86

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:47 pm Reply with quote
So far my most collected manga is Strawberry 100% up to 11.....I'm not gonna delete that cause its true, but I just realised that I have most of Nana, even though I haven't finished or kept up with it in a good while.

My biggest collection would Naruto if I could start finding the missing manga I need to complete it Sad
CocoaBurlesque

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:41 am Reply with quote
Mine is Negima - it's purely and simply the only manga that I've loved consistently to buy past 20+ volumes. Even by the end of Angel Sanctuary I was thinking I might throw in the towel. But Negima went from strength to strength, making the three month gap between releases (or more as is the case at the moment) seem painful! If it didn't provide me with a world I would like to LIVE in (who wouldn't want to go to a school like Mahora?) I might not have kept up so enthusiastically...
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Naruto is mine. I have all of the second half released so far (Vols. 28-47), and a good portion of the first half (Vols. 1-11, 16, and 24-26). Naruto was my first favorite manga (now it's not so much), so I'm trying to collect all of the volumes.

My other high-volume series are Bleach (12), Vampire Knight (9), Absolute Boyfriend and King of Bandits Jing (6 volumes each), and xxxHolic (will be 5 within the next week). I have more manga than I do anime, but then again, I love to read more than I like to watch a lot of series.
saizo6

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Mine is Initial D (1-20). Can't find the rest of it anywhere in town so I'm going to get the rest online somewhere.

I also have a few other series that are in the double digits. There's Prince of Tennis (1-17), Mars (1-15, complete), Vampire Game (1-15, complete), Rave Master (1-12) and King of Hell (1-13, even though it's a manhwa).
Imperialkat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:11 am Reply with quote
Bleach has top honors, with 29 volumes. Just can't get enough of that Kubo goodness. That's followed by...

Getbackers (+ Infinity Fortress) - 27 (what happened to this series?)
Negima - 24 (soon to be 25)
Monster - 18
D. Gray-Man - 16
Claymore - 15 (Why oh why do I have to wait so long?)
Death Note - 12 + How To Read

Honorable mentions to Excel Saga, Evangelion, Battle Angel Alita, Hikaru no Go, and Hunter x Hunter, series that should be longer but aren't simply because I can't find some of the volumes.

Ironically I find it harder to pick up a series on the shelf if I know it has a lot of volumes. That's why I just read Naruto in Shonen Jump.
thingermerjigger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Despite my love for more obscure manga, I would have to say due to ease of purchase and realitively low price point, I have more Naruto manga (counting both pre- and post-timeskip together) than any other series...I am currently at 22 volumes and counting...
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:42 pm Reply with quote
I have a lot of manga, but the most is Naruto. I own all that has been released, with a couple extra volumes here and there by accident.

That series is waaaay too long. I've had to separate it into two different giant piles now.

Other than that 2nd largest Fruits basket, then Angel Sanctuary (20 volumes) and soon to be Tsubasa RC (at volume 18), Wallflower, and.. I forget where I'm at with Battle Angel and Trigun. I've started collecting InuYasha though, so maybe that'll beat Naruto. Then again by the time I get there Naruto will probably be past volume 52.

However, though it's not one series, I own just about every CLAMP manga ever put in English (not counting some Tsubasa), so that collection takes up much more than Naruto.
Shawn Shaolin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I have 11 volumes of Dr. Slump, 7 volumes of Hellsing, and every Cowboy Bebop manga. I wish I lived next to a Barnes and Noble. I wound spend whole paychecks there. Nah not really. But I could find out what my Arale is up to. N'cha!!
taster of pork

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:46 am Reply with quote
1-33 of Initial D

1-33 of Berserk

1-40 of Naruto

1-23 of Eyeshield 21
Shawn Shaolin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I have 11 volumes of Dr Slump. I own more volumes of Slump than anything. I know I know, too old to be reading it I know.....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10