• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What's that Rurouni Kenshin piece of music?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:06 pm Reply with quote
A friend of mine has been constantly bugging me to find the name of a piece of music from Kenshin.

I have no idea what it's called (hence the thread), and I was wondering if anyone here could find it.

It's BGM that plays around the beginning of the series. The only specific time I can recall it is around the time they were going against Jin'ei.

I'm not sure how to describe it. All I can remember is that it sounds like some synthesized jargin and sounds reall off key. I don't think it was supposed to sound like a real instrument either.

Well, that's all I can remember for now. Thanks a bunch to whoever can name it.

EDIT: Changed the topic because it's actually a piece of music and not a song, since it has no words. Razz

Last edited by Tony K. on Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Sango

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I don't know the name of the song, but it would probably be on the first OST.

Does the song play when Jin'ei spoiler[kidnaps Karou to make Kenshin fight him.]
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Lady Sango wrote:

Does the song play when Jin'ei spoiler[kidnaps Karou to make Kenshin fight him.]

I don't think so. It's more like when there's only talking. I'll go back to the episode and see if I can single it out between a certain scene or time "elapsation" (is that a word?).
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Lady Sango wrote:

Ha, ha. Actually I just listened to it today. You're guess is correct. I didn't remember the actual music, just that weird sound effect they had in the middle of the song.

I'll try to look up the name somewhere. Thanks a bunch! Wink
Royal78

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
A friend of mine has been constantly bugging me to find the name of a song from Kenshin.

I have no idea what it's called (hence the thread), and I was wondering if anyone here could find it.

It's BGM that plays around the beginning of the series. The only specific time I can recall it is around the time they were going against Jin'ei.

I'm not sure how to describe it. All I can remember is that it sounds like some synthesized jargin and sounds reall off key. I don't think it was supposed to sound like a real instrument either.

It is called Sobakasu, the japanese version is much better, the ending( though you dintask) is called Kenshin , which means Heart of Sword
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Royal78 wrote:
It is called Sobakasu, the japanese version is much better, the ending( though you dintask) is called Kenshin , which means Heart of Sword

Err, uh... Thanks, but I was actually talking about the background music Anime smile + sweatdrop . I already no all of the opening and ending song names. Thanks, anyway. Wink
Fandrez

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Well, I don't really know what the names of the songs are but I have the OST of all the seasons of Kenshin. I can't look them up right now cause I'm in school, but I'll take a look when I get back.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Fandrez wrote:
Well, I don't really know what the names of the songs are but I have the OST of all the seasons of Kenshin. I can't look them up right now cause I'm in school, but I'll take a look when I get back.

Thank you. I was acutally considering buying some of them myself, someday. I have the Brilliant Collection, the movie and Seisouhen OSTs, and that crappy Director's cut. But I'm pretty sure that song I'm looking for is on the first TV OST. I appreciate it very much. Very Happy
Fandrez

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Hum.... crap. I'm not sure if I can say this but I have the Kenshin OSTs on my comp and apparently they aren't the whole thing... I looked over all the ones I have but can't seem to find the one your looking for. Sorry Sad

Last edited by Fandrez on Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Ah, don't worry about it. It's only important to my friend. Thanks for trying. Wink
Goldfinger0957

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 7:39 am Reply with quote
Freckles is the name of the song. Freckles lyrics
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:40 am Reply with quote
Goldfinger0957 wrote:
Freckles is the name of the song. Freckles lyrics

No, not the intro. I already know all of those names. I meant the background music. Specifically, the one that plays when:

spoiler[ Jin'ei is talking to Kaoru after he kidnapped her.]
Aki001

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 11:38 am Reply with quote
how about 1/3?
Neo_Kitti

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Go to http://www.animelyrics.com click on the letter R, select Rurouni Kenshin and it has the titles and lyrics to all the songs in the series. Im pretty sure you'll find something out, It has every song possible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blood_rein

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
A friend of mine has been constantly bugging me to find the name of a song from Kenshin.

On recent saturdays they used the theme "freckles"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2