• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Question about the Death note live action movie

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eerane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Hey I was wondering If someone who has seen the Death note movie The Last name could tell me what exactly does it contain when the reveiw says: may contain nudity.

I want to know if it does because my parents wont let me watch stuff with nudty..they dont care about bloody gore just no "nasty" nudity lol...

So if someone could tell me it would be helpful thanks Wink
Enjeru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:15 pm Reply with quote
The whole movie is naked time. The wardrobe bus caught fire on the way to the set. So from credit to credit, the whole cast is buck.

Actually, many reviews say "may contain nudity" but does not appear in the flim. Japanese movies tend to stay away from the gratutious nudity that US fims throw at film goers. I have not seen Last Names yet, so I cannot give you a definite answer to your question.......however I am puzzled by your reasoning for wanting to know. Were you planning on watching the movie with the rents? Or............perhaps you are looking for some Japanese skin?

hmmmmmmm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eerane

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:54 am Reply with quote
Haha =-p no I am not "looking for japanese skin"...The reason I ask is because I want to buy it when it comes out but IF it contains "bad" (nudity) then my parents will not allow it hehe
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:34 am Reply with quote
I can't remember a single instance of nudity in the second Death Note movie.

Your parents won't let you watch anything with nudity? Don't you need to be a certain age to sign up for ANN?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:31 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I can't remember a single instance of nudity in the second Death Note movie.

Your parents won't let you watch anything with nudity? Don't you need to be a certain age to sign up for ANN?

I have forgotten whether or not there is a minimum age requirement. Even so, let us assume Eerane is fifteen or sixteen. Still subject to some parental control, they are nevertheless old enough to join if the minimum is fourteen. And if it is higher (like eighteen), so what? Nagisa's staff profile says he is twenty (no idea how long ago that was written though). Given that he joined in 2003, that means he was just fifteen at the time (assuming the profile is current).

Anyway, my sympathies to you, Eerane. I was lucky enough to have socially liberal parents, but I still know (from my friends) how overbearing and strict many parents can be.
musk.stick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:55 am Reply with quote
I don't remember even the smallest amount of nudity in either of the Death Note movies. Although it has been a few months since I've seen them, if there was anything drastic then I would've remembered. Now unless you count Rem...it's pretty safe
Eerane

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the replys.

hehe I am old enough, but the thing is my parents won't allow it in "their" house =-p

I have read all the Death note books and novel, I didn't think that there would be anything wrong with the movies but I was checking before I bought it.

(oh and I am old enough to join ANN Wink )
jigoku_shoujo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:09 am Reply with quote
I agree. The Last Name does not contain nudity. The only "weird" part is that of Misa's Kidnaping. It's just like in the series.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:01 am Reply with quote
Eerane wrote:

hehe I am old enough, but the thing is my parents won't allow it in "their" house =-p

Consider moving. I mean, not just so you can watch nudity and so on, but so you can do well... lots of things, really.

Far out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1