• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Thoughts on Oruchuban Ebichu?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone here seen this show? I just started it and I must say:

I'm not sure if I should laugh or be horrofied. Its one of those shows that is a comedy but some of the content is questionable.

It makes me think of Shin-Chan which was dubbed into a vulgar show- this show wouldn't need a different dub script. I could see it right there on Adult Swim. (not sure how they'd do the 9 minute episodes though)

I didn't even watch the first two episodes, I just jumped onto number 3 and 4. If you've ever seen AMV Hell, you've probably seen clips from this show, in which a Hamster is dancing and being beaten.

spoiler[I enjoy the parts where the Ebi-chan blurts out her Masters devices in public- when Ebi-Chan runs into the street saying her Master is ill and she is touching herself and she and some stranger run back to the Masters house

But the Hamster abuse seems a bit much. Also I'm distrubed by the man who seems to have a crush on Ebi-Chan. ]

Anyway my point, does anyone esle think this show is out of control? Does it seem like adult swim material? The the animal abuse too over the edge or am I just being too soft?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1