• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Glitter Force, Glitter Force Doki Doki Anime Listed as Leaving Netflix U.S. on November 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nipasu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2024 12:07 am Reply with quote
Hopefully Smile/Doki Doki Pretty Cure will get picked up by Crunchyroll.
OrangeRafi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2024 12:13 am Reply with quote
I wonder if this would mean these two Precure series will eventually be added into Crunchyroll's catalogue, of course not the the Glitter force version but the original version and episodes as it aired in Japan. CR has been adding a couple of precure series from their catalogues lately ever since they started simulcasting Healin Good Precure.
tfwnoymir

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2024 12:49 am Reply with quote
The evil is defeated, finally.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2024 1:03 am Reply with quote
It would be nice if it had gotten a BD release because it still deserves to be preserved and it was a dub that introduced a lot of younger fans to Precure and anime as a whole and was also one of Laura Bailey's last leads in an anime dub.
YackDe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2024 1:12 am Reply with quote
Just keep this buried forever, if kids ever get nostalgic they'll hopefully be able to find the actual versions of the shows instead.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2024 6:25 am Reply with quote
Sucks that their leaving Netflix cause I liked Glitter Force(still need to watch DokiDoki), it's what got me into Precure. Hopefully the English and Japanese versions for both of these shows will be added to Crunchyroll at some point.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2024 7:28 am Reply with quote
But the real question is, when Crunchyroll inevitably adds these seasons, will ANN start calling them Smile Precure and DokiDoki Precure again?
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2024 8:43 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
It would be nice if it had gotten a BD release because it still deserves to be preserved and it was a dub that introduced a lot of younger fans to Precure and anime as a whole and was also one of Laura Bailey's last leads in an anime dub.

I do concur even if I wouldn't personally touch it. I doubt Hasbro would do it on their end though. Maybe it can go up on CR instead though I think they'll just ignore it. Discotek is a vague possibility but also extremely unlikely since they haven't been able to do anything attached to CR in a while.
YagamiBlackstone255

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2024 9:04 am Reply with quote
The Evil Has Been Defeated
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2024 9:15 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing the JP versions will arrive on Crunchyroll not long after, though I'm genuinely curious if they'll ever stream the dub version again.
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2024 9:21 am Reply with quote
encrypted12345 wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

I do concur even if I wouldn't personally touch it. I doubt Hasbro would do it on their end though. Maybe it can go up on CR instead though I think they'll just ignore it. Discotek is a vague possibility but also extremely unlikely since they haven't been able to do anything attached to CR in a while.

I wonder, id a new dub/redubbing is possible ?
fathomlessblue

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2024 10:47 am Reply with quote
Seeing as this made news, it's probably also worth reporting that the licenses for some 2017 titles, including Land of the Lustrous & Girls Last Tour have recently expired on Amazon Prime & HiDive. Seemingly the only way to now watch them in large areas of the west is via owning them physically through Sentai/MVM or digitally via Apple TV.

https://x.com/inspirashamul/status/1843781174331932694
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2024 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Farhanawesome wrote:

I wonder, id a new dub/redubbing is possible ?

I mean, assuming the license is really expired, definitely possible. About as possible as any other season of pretty cure getting dubbed at this point. (aka, low)
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2024 2:00 pm Reply with quote
encrypted12345 wrote:

The rights to Smile and Doki Doki reverted to Toei awhile ago and Hasbro doesn't have it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1