• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My-HiME Original Anime Series Reveals 20th Anniversary Videos, Illustrations

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hapoga

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 3:30 am Reply with quote
I remember watching this.

It was surprising there was never more aside from Mai Otome.

Hopefully there will another project announced.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 4:30 am Reply with quote
Same here i want some kind of spin-off within the franchise like ViVid-ViVid Strike were to Nanoha so badly.
tootbrush

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 4:43 am Reply with quote
I wish they'd revive this IP. Some of the plot devices in Mai-Otome wouldn't go over well these days, but since they fleshed out the setting rather well (past wars, the connection to Mai-HiME etc.), the lore is full of material they could use for potential new anime.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 4:48 am Reply with quote
I think it's hilarious that even 20 years later, they're still regretting not making Haruka a Hime in the main series.
gloworm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 5:10 am Reply with quote
tootbrush wrote:
but since they fleshed out the setting rather well (past wars, the connection to Mai-HiME etc.), the lore is full of material they could use for potential new anime.

Did they fully connect Otome and HiME in any tie-ins or supplementary material? Because I found it frustrating how Otome and especially Zwei kept teasing connections to HiME, but was never willing to fully commit to it.

But yeah, more from this franchise would be great. Just need to get Yuki Kajiura back for the music. It wouldn't be the same without her.
I_Am_Vain_Vision

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 6:29 am Reply with quote
I'm joining the chorus of those who would like something new from this IP, it was one of my strongest anime hyperfixations during my youth! My autistic ass was so obsessed with My-HiMe (and ShizNat) that I even cosplayed Shizuru at a con, my real hair being almost the perfect color; it was the last time I ever had bangs Laughing
09jcg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:54 am Reply with quote
Mezame lives rent free in my head. I'd love some type of continuation, remake, or spin-off.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1