• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Anime Substitutes Kazuki Yao With Wataru Takagi as Jango's Voice

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YagamiBlackstone255

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2024 9:51 pm Reply with quote
The idea of losing ANY of the Straw Hats IS EXTREMELY heartbreaking to me. Kazuki Yao got Franky to be created by Oda to keep using his voice...

If we lose him he will be the second Straw Hat with a permanent replacement...
YackDe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2024 10:24 pm Reply with quote
This has been a long time coming sadly, smoking has absolutely destroyed Yao's voice.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2024 10:33 pm Reply with quote
That’s sad. I think we’re all being a bit premature about him dropping out of voicing Franky, but it’s weird to think about someone else voicing the character.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2024 10:37 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
That’s sad. I think we’re all being a bit premature about him dropping out of voicing Franky, but it’s weird to think about someone else voicing the character.

Not if you’re cognizant of the fact that new actors taking over old roles because the original actor died,retired, or screwed up is pretty common.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2024 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Man, this sucks. You could hear him really struggling with Franky at times over the past year or two; I read some Japanese speakers noting that at the worst of it a few of his lines were barely comprehensible. I have to think this will extend to Franky too, at least for the short-term. I hope that he's able to get treatment for whatever's going on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1