• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Lost Live-Action American Saint Seiya Pilot Episode Found

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:25 am Reply with quote
So we have three Seiya original Western productions? In South America they once tried making a Seiya x Sailor Moon crossover. Still, it's kinda weird how the producers altered the series so much when Kurumda said that the concept of Seiya was pretty much another answer to his inspiration, Ashita no Joe. He already did Ring ni Kakero which was another boxing manga and then Seiya's character resembles a bit Joe with the final reference included in the manga finale which was also referenced by Kamina in Gurren Lagann
turnsie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:47 am Reply with quote
Good lord, about three weeks ago I was riffing about how the 2020s has been a stellar decade for uncovering lost western adaptations of Japanese media and how I was hoping all existing footage and/or production material of Doozy Bots was found next.

Fingers crossed Doozy Bots is fully found soon. The trailer was camp and I need that mess unleashed into the universe.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:28 am Reply with quote
I still find it hard to believe that there were two attempts to bring Saint Seiya to the United States, despite the fact that the original anime had already become a smash hit in Europe and Latin America. I can undersant why the original anime wouldn't have worked in the U.S. with the violent content it had, though DiC tried to aired a censored English dub back in the 2000s as Knights of the Zodiac. Still, between StarStorm and Guardians of the Cosmos, I think Guardians had a better chance to be successful in the U.S., I bet Bandai would have find some success selling rebranded Saint Seiya toys in the U.S., though I wonder if Guardians of the Cosmos or StarStorm became a success, if more anime would be adaptated as cartoons on live-action shows in the U.S.

tintor2 wrote:
In South America they once tried making a Seiya x Sailor Moon crossover.

Which Sailor Moon × Saint Seiya crossover are you talking about? I'm from South America and I've never heard of it, I mean, the only thing I can remember is some fanart of the Sailor Senshi wearing the Bronze Cloths. Even if both series were made by Toei, I don't think neither Kurumada nor Takeuchi would aprove of a crossover between the two series
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1