• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fatal Fury City of the Wolves Game Reveals Characters Vox Reaper, B. Jenet in Videos

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Jenet looks gorgeous.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:41 am Reply with quote
The announcement trailer makes me laugh. Are we supposed to believe this kid was playing Fatal Fury when he was a much smaller kid, like in 2018 and getting nostalgic about it? Should have gotten someone in their 40s like me. Laughing

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Kind of surprised that SNK designed a brand new character, though his moveset is clearly based on Grant's, though it seems Vox is supposed to be his apprentice. Vox's designs is pretty good, I like the fact that the marks on his face look like Grant's mask, but I hope Grant's not really dead, I know he seems to have died after you beat him in Mark of the Woves, but he was in the sprite sheer for the canceled Garou 2. I just hope that SNK includes Gato and Futaba's father as a playable character.
Nice to see SNK gave B.Jenet jiggle physics Laughing

Emerje wrote:
The announcement trailer makes me laugh. Are we supposed to believe this kid was playing Fatal Fury when he was a much smaller kid, like in 2018 and getting nostalgic about it? Should have gotten someone in their 40s like me. Laughing

I wouldn't think too much about that, though to be fair, I was born two years after the original Fatal Fury and was introduced to the series after playing King of Fighters '98 in the arcades, I can imagine that there's plenty of young people who grew up playing Fatal Fury either on the arcades or through emulation.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Silver Kirin wrote:
I wouldn't think too much about that, though to be fair, I was born two years after the original Fatal Fury and was introduced to the series after playing King of Fighters '98 in the arcades, I can imagine that there's plenty of young people who grew up playing Fatal Fury either on the arcades or through emulation.

Maybe so, but the trailer seemed to be going for a nostalgia vibe, showing them as a kid and showing them now, but I can't say i feel nostalgic for anything I've experienced less than 10 years ago. Where could you even play that on those Japanese style arcade machines back then?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Traptrix Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:59 am Reply with quote
SNK fans are eating good recently.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1