• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: r/place's Final Canvas Teems With Anime, Game References

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firefly251

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:52 pm Reply with quote
much larger than the original place 5 yrs ago but this was still fun & glad to see new and old communities make stuff.

both em had people make dicks, ass, & boobs Neutral

also sooo many amongus.
Evaunit02berserk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Was fun until we found out the mods were cheating and didn't have the 5 minute restriction. If you mentioned anything about them getting caught or the video proving it, you were premabanned on the entire reddit site.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I found Ranma and 86 near the bottom-middle! Go down from the Bebop/Totoro diptych until you hit the rainbow and blue/pink cow-head thing, then look just to the left.

To Spike's right is "Leaves From the Vine"; go up from the left edge of that and you'll find Rent-A-Girlfriend, then a site that hosts scanlations of Kaguya-sama and Oshi no Ko, then Serial Experiments Lain.

At the very bottom, just above the taskbar, about two-thirds of the way along starting from the left, you can find Yuru Camp just above the sleeping pony. Ultimate Madoka's right near the bottom-right.

EDIT: Ooh, Goodnight Punpun spotted on the right side, like a quarter of the way down. Just to the left of Ness. And there's another 86 reference on the top edge, near the left. I see a tiny Ryuko Matoi near the right, a few hundred pixels above and to the left of a big Kirby. There's Mushoku Tensei under the Kirby, a tiny KyoAni tribute a ways under the gray face to Kirby's right... ooh, some Hololive on the left side, intersecting with Belgium.
livin_large

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Evaunit02berserk wrote:
Was fun until we found out the mods were cheating and didn't have the 5 minute restriction. If you mentioned anything about them getting caught or the video proving it, you were premabanned on the entire reddit site.

Mods/admins abusing power on Reddit, or any community, is nothing new. I figured bots/scripts were being used to manipulate it anyway which made the whole thing seem pointless anyway. At least the big streamers using their fanbase to draw stuff were doing it manually and it was a community thing. It was fun watching Asmongold's community memorialize TotalBiscuit and Miura so some good came out of it at least.
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:25 pm Reply with quote
I spent a lot of effort removing rude gestures from Ruby's (Love Live) hands

Was fun watching her dodge the destruction going on right next to her
Vanadise

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:42 pm Reply with quote
The Utawarerumono community managed to sneak a tiny Kuon in there, so at least we've got that.
PipimiOden

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:41 am Reply with quote
I know my brother helped to get a Niko (Oneshot) onto here!

I know the Bandori fandom had a tough time with their spot with people vandalizing it but they pulled through and I'm really glad they did!
OH&S

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:45 am Reply with quote
This was a great time overall. The big surprise is how much space One Piece ended up taking in the end. It was #8 in total pixel size with it only being beat out by entire countries. Just limiting to media franchises, it was #1. Just crazy.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:34 am Reply with quote
A friend sent me this and I smiled when I saw the "Roger laughed" panel. Great stuff.

Lots of Netherlanda stuff too. Nice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bastek66

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:56 am Reply with quote
Is this new Drawball?
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:32 am Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:
I spent a lot of effort removing rude gestures from Ruby's (Love Live) hands

Was fun watching her dodge the destruction going on right next to her

putting 2 and 2 together, it's like she was flipping the bird to the destruction.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:19 am Reply with quote
Nice little tribute to Mako as Uncle Iroh in Avatar, singing under the tree for his son. Above that, just under Bolivia's banner is a little box for Nichijou. Fate: Grand Order is to the left of the big US flag in the lower right corner. My eyes aren't good enough to spot half of the others noted. Smile
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:00 am Reply with quote
86 had at least 3 tributes. One was near the top.

Kaguya-sama had a small area with several of the characters, but was overrun on the last day. They couldn't recover. You can still see it on the non-final version ANN posted in their article near Rent-a-Girlfriend.

It was nice seeing two pieces for Dragalia Lost, but one was taken over on the last day near the gacha tribute.

Of course, there are Pokemon everywhere. Surprisingly, no Scarlet/Violet starters. Would have thought Spanish fans would have tried, but I think Spain had issues during this event.

Eren Yeager is also very noticeable on the top left.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1