• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
King's Game Anime Ends With 'To Be Continued'

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashabel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised they didn't attach a blackmail note where they promise to discontinue the series and replace "To be continued..." with "Fin." if people buy a set number of DVD copies. They would have the best-selling series of the year on their hands.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:46 pm Reply with quote
King's Game,the only important questions about the anime's return- how is it's rating and is it moving the product with it's intended Japanese audience.
Skyletv

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
To be fair, other shows have said the same, and then, well, didn't.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the second season of Masou Gakuen...FKNG TO BE CONTINUED :')
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Toonces wrote:

Eh... I thought the original manga was about as bad as the anime. But I did not read either of Natsuko's games, and people do seem to agree that Origin is the best.

Err, I think the original manga was pretty good though. Obviously, it doesn't change the plot (which I do think is horrible). But it managed to add a lot more personality to the characters.

If I find someone who's interested in King's Game, I'd definitely recommend the original manga before anything else. ...Well, okay, except maybe Origin.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:27 am Reply with quote
Skyletv wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:
To be fair, other shows have said the same, and then, well, didn't.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the second season of Masou Gakuen...FKNG TO BE CONTINUED :')

I'm still waiting on the 14th gundam fight
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:22 am Reply with quote
Not since the dream sequence battle in Breaking Dawn did audiences get trolled so hard.
MaskOfBrutality

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I'd be down for a second season, sure the first was generally bad but the tasks in it were actually quite good and inventive, I liked the story but the characters were pulling it down for me.
Echii

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy that it got 2nd season. I did enjoy it 1st season a lot

DeTroyes wrote:
Did anyone care?

Yes I do care

zrnzle500 wrote:
Please don't. I haven't felt a (teased) continuation of a series was this undesirable since Taboo Tattoo teased events that occur after the anime in the source material at the end of the last episode.

Nobody is forcing you to watch it. If you don't like it don't watch and let other who enjoy it watch it.

Taboo Tattoo anime was so good. I did like the female characters, action and OST

I personally enjoy Ousama game because of the gore, pain, watching character suffering and breaking their fingers and forced to have sex is disturbing and makes me feel sick (yes I do enjoy things that disturb me because thats the purpose of horror show). I also like Natsuko evil personality and evil smile.

It is far better than boring and sleep inducing anime like the overrated Girls' Last Tour
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Echii wrote:
It is far better than boring and sleep inducing anime like the overrated Girls' Last Tour

I have no idea why you are even trying to compare those two as they are completely different shows with different purposes for different audiences. Just because a show is boring to you doesn’t mean it’s boring for other people. Similarly, just because you like a show doesn’t mean other people aren’t allowed to voice their complaints about it.

Anyway, this show has all kinds of problems and a continuation would certainly have me scratching my head over how it could be done.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Echii wrote:
Nobody is forcing you to watch it. If you don't like it don't watch and let other who enjoy it watch it.

Taboo Tattoo anime was so good. I did like the female characters, action and OST

I personally enjoy Ousama game because of the gore, pain, watching character suffering and breaking their fingers and forced to have sex is disturbing and makes me feel sick (yes I do enjoy things that disturb me because thats the purpose of horror show). I also like Natsuko evil personality and evil smile.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed watching the show, just not because I thought it was good. Personally, I don’t go for criticism of a show by suggesting better examples as I usually have already seen them, but there are so many better ways to stratch that itch that I’m not going to enumerate them.

As to Taboo Tattoo, I thought it was promising in the beginning, but it went so far south by the end that I wanted no part of any continuation.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Echii wrote:

This is amazing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2