• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream The Rising of the Shield Hero, A place further than the Universe Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prime_pm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:17 pm Reply with quote
I can already hear fans of Shield Hero collectively yelling "BIIIIIITTCCHH!!!"
An Average Aspie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:29 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
Animegomaniac wrote:

So they're licensing it based on what, exactly? Studio, crew and this image? Or is there something they know they're not telling us?

Getting it this early, I wouldn't be surprised if they are a member of the production committee.

Either that or Kadokawa. They seem to give Funi/CR first dibs of titles that they have more control over. That'll never see any other company for a millennia if they ain't interested. Kinda like their own lil exclusive corner of toys. Though we'll find out later.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:23 pm Reply with quote
An Average Aspie wrote:

That'll never see any other company for a millennia if they ain't interested.

That's Kodansha, not Kadokawa.
An Average Aspie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:04 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
An Average Aspie wrote:

That'll never see any other company for a millennia if they ain't interested.

That's Kodansha, not Kadokawa.

Yeah, my bad. I was exaggerating since the past 2 years Kadokawa is preferring CR/Funi more and more.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:03 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
So they're licensing it based on what, exactly? Studio, crew and this image? Or is there something they know they're not telling us?

Going with what TheAncientOne said, they probably are a production committee member. Besides the simulcast bidding war, I don't really see any reason why they would license either show this early if they aren't on the production committee.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:24 am Reply with quote
High-school girls voyaging to Antarctica in order to stage Beatles homages? What could possibly go wrong? A winning concept, I say.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:08 am Reply with quote
This got me curious when it will air now..

My guess? Winter 2018 but could be earlier.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:08 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Animegomaniac wrote:

Going with what TheAncientOne said, they probably are a production committee member. Besides the simulcast bidding war, I don't really see any reason why they would license either show this early if they aren't on the production committee.

I'd like to think that it is because they are on the production committee and have decent idea of what they are getting. Then again, Amazon is making deals to get entire programming blocks, so Crunchyroll might be in a position where they need to license things much earlier than normal if they don't want to bid against Amazon.
heartlessangel65

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:30 pm Reply with quote
I can't find a pic for The Rising of the Shield Hero but CR did co produce A place further than the Universe and Classroom of the Elite

https://twitter.com/joystickfox/status/882022185312714753
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:05 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
High-school girls voyaging to Antarctica in order to stage Beatles homages? What could possibly go wrong? A winning concept, I say.

Perhaps they will find a UFO buried under the ice. You know which one.
Rokk3000

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:47 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Animegomaniac"]

Considering the English of the names, should the title be "Rising[sic] of Shield the Hero"?

It's correct English.

"His dignity, honor, money, objective [*giggle*, someone needs a thesaurus]"

Not really. "Objective" is accurate enough. "Raison d'etre" if you prefer French.

"The Hero of the Shield has lost everything."

Minus 50 points, he still has his shield.

If you had ever read the novels you would know the shield can never ever be removed.

"The anime project is in the works."
And that's what scares me the most.

Oh really now. You obviously know nothing of the series and are making all kinds of incorrect assumptions. I am hoping they have a long anime series planned that will spend sufficient time on the early stages of the novels, before Raph grows up. But I'm fearful they are only going to give us 12 or 24 eps and a very abbreviated portion of the story. Just to adequately cover the ten novels published so far in English would require more than a hundred episodes. That would be nice, but unlikely. I just have to hope for multiple seasons. The English translation in the novels have lots of errors such as use of homonyms but they are still excellent stories. I have been buying both the novels and the mangas, and will buy the anime if it's licensed and released on bluray, unless it's as overpriced as SAO, Asterisk War and Occult Academy..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2