• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Dub Akashic Records, Clockwork Planet, Silver Guardian, Alice & Zoroku Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:54 am Reply with quote
with Crunchyroll's anime movie night event they announced back in Jan, and Bloodivores and Soul Buster part of the line up, the possibility exists that CR was pushing for Silver Guardian.

Whatever the case, this is what, 11 min, with half a dozen characters at best? doubt its that much of a drain on resources
Tylec

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:42 am Reply with quote
I've been searching for reviews or news about "Silver Guardian" on the site but I can't find anything, not even a profile page. Is this a new show for the spring 2017 season? From the way everyone's talking it sounds like it's already at "Chaos:Dragons" levels of awfulness.
Rednimue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:56 am Reply with quote
Tylec wrote:
I've been searching for reviews or news about "Silver Guardian" on the site but I can't find anything, not even a profile page. Is this a new show for the spring 2017 season? From the way everyone's talking it sounds like it's already at "Chaos:Dragons" levels of awfulness.

I've never watched Chaos Dragon, but at least It has the excuse of being adapted from a wacky Tabletop RPG campaign (D&D like) !
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:28 pm Reply with quote
BasketBalljones wrote:
Raebo101 wrote:
I'm still salty about the situation with Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul. That should've gone to FUNimation, or at least Crunchyroll so FUNimation could dub it.

^This. I need more Ian Sinclair as Favaro!

Kon'Doriano wrote:
Raebo101 wrote:
I'm still salty about the situation with Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul. That should've gone to FUNimation, or at least Crunchyroll so FUNimation could dub it.

AGREED! Hopefully Funi manages to get the home video rights.

Agreed. Really hope they do.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:15 am Reply with quote
Unless Naoto is 12 or younger, could someone give me their views as to why they got a women to do the voice of him? Hopefully, when Funimation does a simuldub of the anime in a few weeks, they will get an actual guy. Heck, if I was fluent in Japanese, leaving a message like "you suck as this voice! Yes, I find it possible even for the series creator to make a mistake with casting decisions" is not beyond me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2