• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Berserk TV Anime's Next Arc Premieres in April

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anddo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:24 am Reply with quote
For the love of God at least change the director. Season 1 couldn't even follow the 180º Rule.
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:51 am Reply with quote
Call me a naive optimist, but I'm going to keep an open mind about S2. The production of S1 was bad, but it did improve over the course of the season, so here's hoping they learn from their mistakes and keep improving.
Enturax

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:35 am Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:
I thought the visuals were the least of the show's problems. The sounds effects were weak and overused,the OST for the most part wasn't the best (the director also did a terrible job at picking the right music for a scene). Biggest issue by far was the direction (couldn't even frame shots properly at points).

Am a little curious to see if they improve a bit this season.

That. PLUS terrible pacing, character designs (just look at Guts' face...) and censorship. Whoever enjoyed this had to be hella hyped just because it was Berserk, or didn't watch anything decent in years.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Enturax wrote:
Themaster20000 wrote:
I thought the visuals were the least of the show's problems. The sounds effects were weak and overused,the OST for the most part wasn't the best (the director also did a terrible job at picking the right music for a scene). Biggest issue by far was the direction (couldn't even frame shots properly at points).

Am a little curious to see if they improve a bit this season.

That. PLUS terrible pacing, character designs (just look at Guts' face...) and censorship. Whoever enjoyed this had to be hella hyped just because it was Berserk, or didn't watch anything decent in years.

Whoever writes something like this is an obnoxious dick who doesn't understand the basic concept that people react to things in different ways. In the future, stick to stating your opinion about things and never mind making stupid, superficial judgments about other people's opinions.
Enturax

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Enturax wrote:
Whoever enjoyed this had to be hella hyped just because it was Berserk, or didn't watch anything decent in years.

Whoever writes something like this is an obnoxious dick who doesn't understand the basic concept that people react to things in different ways. In the future, stick to stating your opinion about things and never mind making stupid, superficial judgments about other people's opinions.[/quote]

I think you completely don't understand the situation here, any sane person, who read and remembers enough from Berserk, knows that it's gorgeous when it comes to art style, it has very well written characters, it has darn good atmosphere and cool and understandable action scenes.

Not only the Anime fails at capturing all of that (and it's not an opinion, it's a fact), but it also fails at doing what a standard shows, even the mediocre ones, usually did right - at having a good pacing, sound effects and a watchable animation.

So I'm sorry that people without some serious sicknesses and low standards say it's objectively weak while it really is. It's not like I'm saying that every single scene in it was terrible BTW, some of them COULD be enjoyable and I understand that, however it cannot be called OVERALL a decent show by anyone who watched many quality and not quality series in recent years, AND remembers the Manga at the same time. Unless you prove me wrong. I'm not trying to be an arrogant prick here, I'm trying to prove that opinions aren't so random without a reason.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Facts are things that can be verified empirically using objective tools. Judgment on things like artwork or any other creative endevour are, by definition, opinions that cannot be measured by objective tools. Anybody who, with regard to judging a work of art or entertainment says something like, "it's not an opinion, it's a fact" is a complete tool who doesn't understand the very large difference in meaning between the two words.

I personally don't find the art style in the Berserk manga to be particularly "gorgeous." You do and you are more than welcome to your - say it with me - OPINION. Others may share your opinion. The aggregrate of those opinions still doesn't render those collective opinions a FACT. That is a FACT.

I find Berserk 2016 the anime quite enjoyable because of the story, setting, characters and pacing. I didn't have a problem with pacing like you did. Oh my god, a difference of opinion?!?!?! Rolling Eyes

Now, assuming you like being a dick, then yes, by all means continue to cast asperions on the OPINIONS of others who hold different OPINIONS from yours. And, assuming you like being incredibly stupid, by all means continue to misunderstand the difference between a fact and an opinion. But, assuming you actually want to be a worthwhile poster, stick to expressing your own OPINIONS and leave it at that.
Enturax

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Facts are things that can be verified empirically using objective tools. Judgment on things like artwork or any other creative endevour are, by definition, opinions that cannot be measured by objective tools. Anybody who, with regard to judging a work of art or entertainment says something like, "it's not an opinion, it's a fact" is a complete tool who doesn't understand the very large difference in meaning between the two words.

I personally don't find the art style in the Berserk manga to be particularly "gorgeous." You do and you are more than welcome to your - say it with me - OPINION. Others may share your opinion. The aggregrate of those opinions still doesn't render those collective opinions a FACT. That is a FACT.

I find Berserk 2016 the anime quite enjoyable because of the story, setting, characters and pacing. I didn't have a problem with pacing like you did. Oh my god, a difference of opinion?!?!?! Rolling Eyes

Now, assuming you like being a dick, then yes, by all means continue to cast asperions on the OPINIONS of others who hold different OPINIONS from yours. And, assuming you like being incredibly stupid, by all means continue to misunderstand the difference between a fact and an opinion. But, assuming you actually want to be a worthwhile poster, stick to expressing your own OPINIONS and leave it at that.

Hold on, did you read Berserk? Not just the 1st volumes, but the later ones too?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:23 pm Reply with quote
I have read the first volume ... or at least a lot of it. I own from 1-34 but haven't gotten around to reading them yet. It is entirely possible when I do read them I will like the way things are handled in the manga compared with how the anime(s) have handled them, but that still doesn't impact my enjoyment of the original TV show, the movies and Berserk 2016.
Enturax

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I have read the first volume ... or at least a lot of it. I own from 1-34 but haven't gotten around to reading them yet. It is entirely possible when I do read them I will like the way things are handled in the manga compared with how the anime(s) have handled them, but that still doesn't impact my enjoyment of the original TV show, the movies and Berserk 2016.

Oh trust me, it will impact it. The art style alone will make you be like: "...S***, they totally f***ed it up". And that's my point - I bet no one would say that it's a decent adaptation if that person would be fully aware of everything.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2