• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hunter × Hunter Manga Goes On Indefinite Hiatus

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:57 am Reply with quote
Now what you should of done, is each week posted a report titled "Hunter X Hunter hiatus delayed for another week" since it not being on hiatus is the more surprising news, everyone already knew about this before it was even announced.
SheRrIs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:13 am Reply with quote
ParkerALx wrote:

I just hope his health hasn't deteriorated drastically again:

Is he diagnosed with a kidney disease?
TheRahi00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:24 am Reply with quote
It really is unbelievable to see how many people treat him as a lazy bastard, when this guy obviously is suffering from to day to night with his back pain. He is not obligated to do anything you guys write and if he wants to write and draw his story himself than it's his own decision. And he has the right to do so. It really is amusing to see so many people claiming something and pretending like they have the right to get another chapter when the most people are reading it illegal at some internet page anyway. I know that it's frustrating to wait and I'm not really affected either because I'm not the biggest fan of the manga but some people really need to chill. All these "he needs to hire artists" or he needs to this or that. Nope. He doesn't have to do anything. Give this man a rest and let him to what he wants with his own project. If you don't like it, don't read it. Simple.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:29 am Reply with quote
Well, looks like "My Hero Academia" and I guess "One Piece" are back to being the only weekly manga to justify subscribing to Weekly Shonen Jump for.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:31 am Reply with quote
He lasted 10 chapters for the record. Not bad and good ones at that too. Check yo self before you wreck yo self Togashi, good call. See you in 18 months or so and the Weekly SJ is dead to me till then. The new Orochimaru special was good though.
@Mhora Some Men Just Want to Watch the World Burn.

Last edited by residentgrigo on Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:34 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mhora

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:31 am Reply with quote
Some of the comments here, not many, are really negative and mean. He has given his fans so much over the years, and yet, when he struggles in life, this is the way you guys react? I don't even read the manga, but reading stuff like that baffles me.
anddo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:35 am Reply with quote
Another great run! The fight between Hisoka and Chrollo was godly and I enjoyed the bit of exposition we got with Kurapika and the princes. I hope the wait isn't too long this time.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:46 am Reply with quote
Hiatus x Hiatus strikes again.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:01 am Reply with quote
Must be a day that ends in "Y".
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:43 am Reply with quote
Mhora wrote:
Some of the comments here, not many, are really negative and mean. He has given his fans so much over the years, and yet, when he struggles in life, this is the way you guys react? I don't even read the manga, but reading stuff like that baffles me.

Its called entitlement.

ParkerALx wrote:
Well, Togashi did deliver one of the most hyped fights in the series in this run, while finishing the setup for the arc and keeping the art consistently top-notch. So I suppose a break now isn't too outrageous.

I just hope his health hasn't deteriorated drastically again:

There are also his comments after that, which say he was losing weight and working with a trainer to better his health.

Snakebit1995 wrote:
I don't even read HXH but it baffles me that people give Togasho so much credit and praise when he comes across as a lazy bastard. Why does he just refuse to try mounthly? Or let someone else draw, or just admit he doesn't want to draw manga anymore and move on with life.

It's mind boggling that he seems so lazy and guys like Oda and Mashima just never stop wanting to draw.

What a baffling post.
SaiyamanMS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:50 am Reply with quote
Honestly, Togashi should just do what Toriyama's doing with Dragon Ball these days. Write the plot and hand it off to Madhouse so they can animate it. It'd be a lot less effort and drawing for him.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:52 am Reply with quote
If the mangaka was your friend suffering from this severe medical condition you all wouldn't be treating him like this.

For those who want him to quit, Why? If this is the only thing (outside of a significant other) that brings joy to his life, go for it. With chronic pain and being practically bedridden, each chapter completed would seem like a miracle from god. It probably is good for his mental health.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:03 am Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:
Honestly, Togashi should just do what Toriyama's doing with Dragon Ball these days. Write the plot and hand it off to Madhouse so they can animate it. It'd be a lot less effort and drawing for him.

Because he wants to do it himself. its different from Toriyama who finished his series 20 years ago and he really doesn't need to touch it anymore.
Souther

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:26 am Reply with quote
Unless Togashi's health deteriorates to the point where drawing HxH is an impossibility, it'll never be cancelled. It's still extremely profitable and people support it despite the hiatuses because the story's very good. There's zero benefit to getting rid of it currently. Second of all, while it sucks that other authors work hard, some barely managing to stay in and others cancelled, that isn't really on Togashi, who's already been through the grind to become an established mangaka in the first place.

I don't think Togashi is being lazy or egotistical; despite being in bad health, he still wants to write and draw his manga. And personally, if I was a mangaka, I wouldn't want someone else to take over my art. I'd like to draw it the way I want it to be drawn, it's my story and my vision.

I enjoy it when HxH comes out, and when it goes back on hiatus, I read something else. That's all there is to it. While I understand the frustration, the mentality of constantly worrying about hiatuses looming over the horizon or whether it'll be finished degenerates discussion of this series at times (countless Dragon Quest jokes, calling Togashi a lazy bastard, how he shouldn't be supported and it goes on and on). Finally, I hope Togashi gets better.
JDude042

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:30 am Reply with quote
Health issues or not, it must be a pretty sucking feeling for Hunter x Hunter fans to have to put up with this crap. Makes me glad that I don't have any huge attachment to the series, which is a shame because it is pretty damn entertaining despite all the BS surrounding its creator and its infrequent release schedule. I know a lot of people are really negative and burnt about the whole thing, then you have other people who are defending him and saying the hate is unjustified. My opinion is if Togashi really is crippled as the internet makes him about to be, sucks for him, but the way he's just treating Hunter x Hunter as some sort of past time that he can just do in small spurts on a whim is just making his fans extremely bitter and making people hate him all the more. It's causing many to lose faith in him, and making people think he doesn't care about the fans of the series, otherwise he would do his best to work with others in putting out more Hunter x Hunter on a more consistent basis.

I understand he wants to do everything himself, but one man can only do so much, especially someone who is apparently in poor health as he is, so his actions come across as extremely selfish and non-caring towards the fans. No wonder he gets as much as hate as he does. I'm surprised a legion of fans don't assemble together and march towards his home carrying pitchforks and torches. I'd be pretty disgruntled too if my favorite series kept getting treated like some fleeting past time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7