• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Who do you like?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manganime00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:59 am Reply with quote
I used to be embarrased to like anime characters, then I realized it's not so much the actual character, but so much the personality and the combination of looks. Plus some of the guys are hott!! lol This is where you say whom you wish could be real, regardless of the girls/guys they love in the anime.

So I invite you to tell me whom it is that you like out of all the animes and why. For example;
(this is my first anime crush)
Mamoru (Darien) from Sailor Moon was my first. He was just so romantic, plus I loved him in that suit. He was dashing, loved to save people's lives, and just so sweet.

Have fun!
guardiangelboi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:05 am Reply with quote
err... i doubt most guys have anime characters that they like >_> its probably a girl thing...
guys will probably start naming every hentai title from the bk aniwaes ahaha...

a character most similar to someone i would like in RL is haruhi from ouran host
well tomboyish but whitty and charming =)
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:25 am Reply with quote
guardiangelboi wrote:
err... i doubt most guys have anime characters that they like >_> its probably a girl thing...

You haven't been here long enough Smile. I've seen plenty of threads where guys and girls alike both posted about particular characters they've become infatuated with. Whether it be out of a certain respect for that character's personality, or maybe a more romantic inclination over a combination of looks and persona, like this thread (please don't revive it since we already have this one, or, you could revive that one, and I could merge it with this one).

In any case, yeah, we've got all sorts of people here that aren't as single-minded and straightforward as you might think in only wanting to sleep with whatever character they think is most attractive. Granted, there's probably a side in each and everyone one of us that wouldn't mind lusting for certain characters, but it's probably less common than you appear to be making it.

Uh.. I guess for me, I've never been into romanticizing anime girls. Although, if I had to pick just one girl, I would have to say I like Yakumo Tsukamoto from School Rumble. She's a very calm and mature young girl with a lot of compassion for her sister (that dolt!) in an almost mother-like way at times, though her shyness and naivety also make her seem quite vulnerable at times, which for me, is a cute and innocent quality I feel is worth fighting for and protecting. In addition, she's obviously very pretty, but her voice... That voice! Mamiko Noto has the most heavenly and melting voice I've ever heard in my life! To imagine myself being cradled in the lap of a woman with that voice! Oh, man. I could lay there for eternity Anime catgrin.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:26 am Reply with quote
guardiangelboi wrote:

as a guy, I have never watched a hentai, nor do I plan to, and I dislike sluts Wink

Although its not a "crush," Karula from Utawarerumono is definitely the type of chick I'd like to be around and hang out with. Not because she's a bad-ass, but because her personality rocks. Laid back and self-confident, pretty much like "this is me, accept it or go elsewhere." I'd like to hang out and do some sake-bombs with her and listen to her war stories. However, I would never want to spar with her, because, well... Shocked
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:27 am Reply with quote
Well, Steve's (now deleted) post was quite odd.

That aside, most people probably like certain characters. Girls are just more likely to to be more "OMG!!! KAWAIIIIII!!!" over the characters than guys are.

After starting to get into Eureka Seven I've really taken a liking to most of the characters in the show. Moondoggie and Holland are definite my two favourite guys in the show and I'd say Eureka wins for favourite girl; possibly of all the anime I've seen. She's a very nice and genuine character and that isn't a result of using that whole "not a human" thing as a crutch for a convenient character trait.
jetz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:08 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Uh.. I guess for me, I've never been into romanticizing anime girls. Although, if I had to pick just one girl, I would have to say I like Yakumo Tsukamoto from School Rumble. She's a very calm and mature young girl with a lot of compassion for her sister (that dolt!) in an almost mother-like way at times, though her shyness and naivety also make her seem quite vulnerable at times, which for me, is a cute and innocent quality I feel is worth fighting for and protecting. In addition, she's obviously very pretty, but her voice... That voice! Mamiko Noto has the most heavenly and melting voice I've ever heard in my life! To imagine myself being cradled in the lap of a woman with that voice! Oh, man. I could lay there for eternity Anime catgrin.

Why do guys like Yakumo so much? All the guys I know (at least those who have seen School Rumble) like Yakumo, and I have no idea why. I find her boring and bland Laughing

Anyway, as for me, I do have anime "crushes" from time to time. It's not as bad as it was back when high school when every cute bishonen comes along I automatically go "kyaaaaa!" and "fantasize" about him.. I'm not sure, but the latest one has to be Kyouya from Ouran. I just like how calculating he is. He's not bad-looking either. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
quikbeam1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:43 am Reply with quote
i guess if i had to pick an anime girl it would definitely be a close call between Yakumo Tsukamoto from school rumble and Sayuri Amamiya from tokimeki memorial. Yakumo has all the elements mentioned above, while Sayuri has a mysterious aura about her. she doesnt have many close friends, which leads people to believe that the Sayuri most people see is not her real personality. Her character just seems somewhat unique, simply because her popularity seems to come from the fact that she is kind to everyone but refuses to get close to anyone at all. idk overall there is something i really like about Sayuri so i might choose her over Yakumo. but it would definitely be a close race.
darksideoftheanime

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:57 am Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:
as a guy, I have never watched a hentai, nor do I plan to, and I dislike sluts Wink

I have found somebody who is like me Very Happy .

As for who I like, it would have to be Tohru Honda from Fruits Backet and Kagome from Inuyasha. I like them because they have a nice, loving personality (and also because there cute).
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:57 am Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:
guardiangelboi wrote:

And I dislike misogynists.
Truered

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:35 am Reply with quote
Well this is more characters I like/have slight crush then want to do the sexors with. I can't believe I'm doing this Embarassed

Sakaki- she reminds me a bit of me, shy not too good in social situations. She's kind, and just like me has a weak spot for cute animals. And of course she's cute...

Misato Katsuragi. Yes I'm also a sucker for beer drinking, fun loving cute women. Also being slightly 'damaged' it adds more of a personality to her, and makes her one of the more complex and human female characters I know.
youkai_ronin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:

Definitely agree with you there Tony, especially since I too love her voice, the kind that could pacify and soothe anyone(though it's probably just me).Anime hyper

My pick though would have to be Tsumugi Yuki from School Rumble. Even though she only had a few appearances(which consisted of trying to keep Mai from throwing a fit Laughing) she always spoke in that clear, refined and precise manner and never seemed more than a sidekick. But damn, when she thought about spoiler[her crush on hanai] it gave me an 'awww' type of feeling, then in episode 20 I think it was...when her and spoiler[fuyuki were looking at the stars and he says to her:

"Ah, I can see them, the stars."
"Yes...they're so far away."]

When she said it her voice was breaking and it sounded like she was about to burst into tears. That line damn near broke my heart. Crying or Very sad Embarassed
Manganime00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Yay people are posting!!!

And there are guys who don't like sluts, yayyyyy!! lol
Sorry, a lot of guys where I live are like that. . .
That's why I can't wait to go to college.

Nevermind that, another guy whom I absolutely adoorrreee. . .

Tamaki Suou is a princely, charming, and hott guy. I also love how he acts like a child and a father. I don't know why, but I've always found attraction towards the silly guys. I can't help it, I love silliness. lol I also love his 'I'm new to everything commoners do' thing, I wouldn't mind showing him all this stuff just to watch him be amazed. Also, that cute puppy face he has, man that thing is hard to resist. lol
GlassShadow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:16 pm Reply with quote
darksideoftheanime wrote:
I have found somebody who is like me Very Happy .
As for who I like, it would have to be Tohru Honda from Fruits Backet and Kagome from Inuyasha. I like them because they have a nice, loving personality (and also because there cute).

Dude, no offence to you as a person, but ...um...Kagome?..She's such a typical
anime girl, if you find her charming, then you'll pretty much drool over half of the female population (anime wise). I wouldn't say she doesn't have a personality, but sometimes even her good qualities seem fake and neglected. The way she's overly obsessed with Inuyasha makes her less as an individual.(Sorry if you find this offensive).

As for myself, I'm fond of Himura Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin) and Ryuuren Ran ( Saiunkoku Monogatari). Well, it's more like I admire them rather than having crashes (meaning I'd like to have them as friends-like soul mates). Coming to an conclusion, I admire those who are highly perceptive, farseeing, rarely burden others with their emotions and who have excellent self-control.

The truth is I like most of the male characters I've came upon, they all more or less have admirable qualities, but I'd say those two on top of my list.
darksideoftheanime

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:53 pm Reply with quote
GlassShadow wrote:
Dude, no offence to you as a person, but ...um...Kagome?..She's such a typical
anime girl, if you find her charming, then you'll pretty much drool over half of the female population (anime wise). I wouldn't say she doesn't have a personality, but sometimes even her good qualities seem fake and neglected. The way she's overly obsessed with Inuyasha makes her less as an individual.(Sorry if you find this offensive).

No offensive taken. I don't know why but Kagome has managed to have a longer lasting appeal to me then any other character.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Well I don't really fantasize about anime women. I kinda have my gf for that. There are characters though that I think are cute or sexy or have really nice personalities I would appreciate in a real woman. One example I guess is Urd from Oh My Goddess. I find her sultry, sensual, mischievous attitude to be really fun and sexy. She's always sultry and trying to get into some mischief and fun. She's got that fun and lively attitude I appreciate, and the sexy sultry look doesn't hurt.

edit--- SInce I mentioned Oh My Goddess I felt I should also mention Peorth. Very similar to Urd but I feel a bit more sultry and seductive and a bit less mischievous then Urd. A little more dignified if you will. Both are also very loyal to their friends which is always important.

Last edited by Redbeard 101 on Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4