• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Partner by Obana Miho

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spacehikariangel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:21 pm Reply with quote
I just stumbled upon this manga, and was wondering if anyone else had read it. I haven't read much into it(only two chapters), but it seems very interesting. Very twisted and unexpected. Perfect for me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:37 am Reply with quote
Plot summary written by yours truly. Wink Also an owner.

It is, by far, the darkest shoujo manga I've ever read. Seeing Ken's final decision was kind of heartbreaking.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
haruhifan1200

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Just checked this out in the encyclopedia and it sounds really good. Unfortunately it isn't licensed, and my Japanese vocabulary would probably to small to be able to read this particular manga. Gee, I always thought Miho Obana was kinda liked in the US, with Kodocha over here...but it looks like that's the only one that ever got licensed that was written by her. Confused
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:02 pm Reply with quote
How coincidental that a thread about this series should come up. I was going to start reading it. I'll let everybody know what I think of it Smile
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:46 am Reply with quote
I'd like to read it, but it hasn't been licensed and I don't think its been fan translated past the first few chapters. I'm still hoping for this (and anything else my Miho Obana, along with Wataru Yoshizumi) to get licensed, but I'm not holding my breath.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:20 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
I'm still hoping for this (and anything else my Miho Obana, along with Wataru Yoshizumi) to get licensed, but I'm not holding my breath.

There are Honey Bitter and Cherish, serialized in Cookie and Chorus, respectively.

However, while they had been among the best of long-lasting manga-ka in Ribon for more than a decade, it would be very difficult for Shueisha to actively promote their works now, as Japanese girls nowadays have very short attention spans and are hard to please. Only Hakusensha can insist the "classical shojo" path.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Well, I read the first volume yesterday, and sadly with all the hopes that I had for the series, so far it's turning out not to be what I had expected. The mix of comedy and suspense does not make a good combination for the series, though it has a decent storyline to it. For the most part, it's slow, and even when they get to finding something the story seems to stop, and left me wondering how in the world they will get to the next plot. Perhaps the next volume can provide some more entertainment over what the first volume had to offer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1