• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
W Juliet II

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarasa*Tatara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone read this series yet? According to nippon-export.com the first volume came out in December 2006. Is there any hope of it being translated into English (I don't know how popular the first series was)? Are there anymore volumes out? I only found a basic plot summary when I looked on Google and the series isn't listed in the Encyclopedia. I really loved the first series and was really excited when I found out about it having a sequel. What about the W Juliet character book (or is it an artbook)? Is there any hope that VIZ might liscense that? I should post this before my over-excited brain can think of anymore questions! Thanks for any help anyone can give on this topic!
kasika

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:11 am Reply with quote
Yes! All 14 volumes of W Juliet are out by Viz! I have them all and I really enjoyed them! The art is not the best that I've seen but I love the story! If you have read even the first volume and enjoyed it, you will enjoy the whole series! Very Happy I haven't heard anything about an art book though...
Sarasa*Tatara

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:15 am Reply with quote
No this a new series that had its first volume come out last December! The sequel to W Juliet, W Juliet II. I'm a big fan of the first series too. It's been a favorite of mine for a while. I love how innocent the series seems! And Emura's art really improves as the series progresses. From the cover art I've seen for the second series her art looks even better than it did at the end of volume 14! But then WJ did end in 2003 and WJII started some time in 2006 (I guess).
perfume

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:38 am Reply with quote
I am a fan of W -juliet, too. It's gender bender shoujo I like most. So, when I have done with volume 14 of the first series and known about W-juliet II, I was really happy. Even though my japanese is not good enough, I downloaded volume 1 W-juliet II raw manga. And now, I read chap1,2 in english. It's great to see Itou and Makoto again. They live together happily and they are more and more beautiful.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:50 am Reply with quote
perfume I might appreciate the information in the last sentence of your post, but others might not...especially if they haven't finished the first series yet. So, you might want to consider putting spoilers around the last sentence.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1