• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Girls & Panzer, KanColle, Strike Witches Promote Brad Pitt's Fury Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:06 am Reply with quote
Pfft, we all know that Fury's marketing team is using this to open the door for a "Brad Pitt, Girls und Panzer" movie.
Mr_42

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:21 am Reply with quote
Ryu Shoji wrote:
Pfft, we all know that Fury's marketing team is using this to open the door for a "Brad Pitt, Girls und Panzer" movie.

I would watch this. It might kill me, but I would watch it.
ragz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:35 am Reply with quote
Wouldn't kancolle be... you know... on the other side?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:34 am Reply with quote
ragz wrote:

Of the conflict or of the world? There is Bismarck, but KanColle's lacking on any allied ships.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:37 am Reply with quote
Ryu Shoji wrote:

Pitt und Panzer? Anyway, I was going to check this movie out but with Kancolle, Strike Witches and GuP promoting it now I have to watch. Hell they should've thrown Upotte in there as well.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:27 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
ragz wrote:

Of the conflict or of the world? There is Bismarck, but KanColle's lacking on any allied ships.

There was that one Japanese destroyer given to the Soviet Navy as reparations (Verniy, ex-Hibiki), but that's pretty much it. KanColle sorely needs more Royal Navy and U.S. Navy representation (seriously, the Kriegsmarine is vastly overrated), but that's neither here nor there.

kevinx59 wrote:
Pitt und Panzer? Anyway, I was going to check this movie out but with Kancolle, Strike Witches and GuP promoting it now I have to watch. Hell they should've thrown Upotte in there as well.

Upotte!! is, by and large, way too modern. While the FG42 (another vastly overrated piece of German hardware), MP40, Springfield, Garand, and Thompson are featured, from what I understand, their roles are minor at best.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Every time I see Fury footage, all I can think of is, 'Metal Slug: The Motion Picture'. Laughing
kevinx59

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Panzer Vor wrote:

Upotte!! is, by and large, way too modern. While the FG42 (another vastly overrated piece of German hardware), MP40, Springfield, Garand, and Thompson are featured, from what I understand, their roles are minor at best.
I was gonna say the same about GuP seeing as how it takes place in present day, but I remembered that all their tanks are WW2 era. Anyway, since Upotte takes place in a modern "school", all the characters you mentioned, being older guns, are the teachers. I was just going along with the military girls theme when including it, not the WW2 theme (which I stupidly didn't realize at the time). Still interested in this movie though.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Eh, why not.

kaiser11492

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone here wonder what a crossover between the three series would look like? Imagine air force, tanks, and warships going head on with a common enemy/rival.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:54 am Reply with quote
kaiser11492 wrote:
Does anyone here wonder what a crossover between the three series would look like? Imagine air force, tanks, and warships going head on with a common enemy/rival.

It's really easy with Strike Witches and Kancolle - theme of battle with some unknown and incomprehensible enemy - (Witches vs. Neuroi/Kanmusu vs. Abyssal Fleet) very similar in both of them, and they are easy enough to fuse into a good crossover, like with the Arpeggio and Kancolle on their crossover event. But I'm not sure about GuP - there is more retcon and sport competition between school clubs and not real battles between girls with heavy artillery.

Oh, and yeah - Fumikane Shimada is the character designer of Strike Witches and Girls & Panzer, and he's done some Kancolle characters, so...
Master Chief Snake

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:09 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Eh, why not.

WarGaming were also promoting Fury movie on World of Tanks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1