• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach (up to episode 126)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trackstar1013

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:29 am Reply with quote
Alright so I've seen up to episode 126 of Bleach and I have a few questions.

First, over the last few episodes, while everyone is fighting the menos, all of the shinigami and the menos can fly. When did they get that ability and why does it look like they're walking on the ground while there in the air?

Second, what is the significance of the Kings Key? If the King is just a figurehead then why is it important that he be protected other then the fact that you don't want to lose your King. Or have they just not said why it's important?

Thanks for answering.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:47 am Reply with quote
They don't really fly, it's on of those techniques where the run on the air. They say it at some point in the show I think, all shinigami have it.
In the show they haven't said anything about what's so important about the kings seat in this, but I assume he's NOT JUSTa figure head, he may not concern himself with what's happening but he could probably take control of it all if he wanted too, along with probably having a lot a Spirit Power.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Moobkrad

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Why does Ichigo's Hollow, calls him King? Doesn't it makes you wonder now that there is a King's reference in Soul Society?

Who was Ishiin before and what rank did he had? What is the relationship with Kitsuke?

Theories appreciated. If you know the manga, please remember to apply spoiler tags.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
They don't really fly, it's on of those techniques where the run on the air. They say it at some point in the show I think, all shinigami have it.

Yeah, although for the record, this ability only seems to work on Earth, not in Soul Society. Likewise they can pass through walls on Earth, but not in SS.

Quote:

Second, what is the significance of the Kings Key? If the King is just a figurehead then why is it important that he be protected other then the fact that you don't want to lose your King. Or have they just not said why it's important?

They haven't said, but I would assume he's got some power to him. Perhaps by killing him Aizen will gain power, or take that role, or perhaps just destabilize the order of things.

Quote:
Why does Ichigo's Hollow, calls him King? Doesn't it makes you wonder now that there is a King's reference in Soul Society?

I don't think there's any more to it than the analogy H.Ichigo was making, about how you have a king and you have a horse, and the king rides the horse, but why couldn't the horse ride the king instead.

Quote:

Who was Ishiin before and what rank did he had? What is the relationship with Kitsuke?

Unknown, presumably he was a captain, given his white shinigami over-robes. He was also presumably a friend of Urahara when they were both Shinigami. Urahara probably supported his new life as a human, much as he supported Rukia. What you've seen in the show is all we know for sure though.
Souppy

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:13 am Reply with quote
Moobkrad wrote:

Theories appreciated. If you know the manga, please remember to apply spoiler tags.

I haven't read the manga so what I write will be pure theories and the spoilers will be references to explain my theories.

Ishiin was at least a Captain in Soul Society because he was wearing the ''white cape'' (srry I don't remember the exact word for it) but we can't see the squad number on it because it is wrapped on his left shoulder. Also, spoiler[if you translate what Ishiin is saying to the Arrancar in episode 111], you know he's at least Captain class. The translated quote I'm talking about is : spoiler[''All captain class Shinigami are controlling the size of their Zanpakutou'']. And seeing spoiler[how easily he defeated the ''incomplete'' Arrancar,] it's obvious that he is Captain class (and maybe higher than that).

Ishiin knows Urahara for sure. spoiler[When he talks to him after killing the Arrancar, Urahara talks about his wife's killer and his reiatsu.By listening to the conversation, we pretty much have to guess that Urahara helped Ishiin to hide his reiatsu. One interesting thing, Ishiin and Urahara seem to be with another group that they didn't name. Maybe Shinigami rebels or maybe something else that will remain hidden for a little while longer] For the rest, there are no more information to use about their relationship.

I believe that Iwatch2muchanime's answer on the first question of this thread is right but I have a different point of view for the King's Key. The King must be the most powerful person in all worlds and only the infinite power of the Hougyoku can outpower him. The King must also be a shinigami. If the King is defeated, the race of the new King will take control of Soul Society instead of the shinigamis. Aizen wants to be King that's obvious by the way he acts with the Arrancars. Let's not forget that the Vaizards are also preparing something. I believe that they want to get the power of the Hougyoku to get stronger (because that's the only thing that matters for them). They might fight with the shinigamis (even if the Vaizards hate them) for the purpose of getting the Hougyoku. I don't have any ideas on Urahara's plan rellated to this hypothetical story but I know that he will wait for the right time to intervene and that it will surprise us all just like he did when Aizen got the Hougyoku. His plan failed but it was a really close call.

I have a question though. I talked about my ideas on the role that Vaizards, Arrancars, Shinigamis and Urahara's group will play in the upcoming events but... What will the Quincy clan do related to those events? (I want ideas only... not the answer from the manga)
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:34 am Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1