• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
So many Gundam series.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phlieger

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:56 pm Reply with quote
(Sorry, change of the topic discussion, didn't realize you couldn't do one-shot questions as a topic.)

So... how about we talk about Gundam now. What's up with it having so many series? Some of them flat out suck, like that Destiny one or whatever the kiddish midget Gundam one was.

Last edited by Phlieger on Sat May 26, 2007 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Moros

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:59 pm Reply with quote
G Gundam. Never watched it, but I recognise the description.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Phlieger wrote:
So... how about we talk about Gundam now. What's up with it having so many series?

If there's demand, there's supply, I suppose (aka It's popular).
Phlieger

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:44 pm Reply with quote
I guess people just love giant robots because you got shows like Gundam, The Big O, Gunbuster, Evangelion, etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Moros wrote:

SD Gundam force, actually. I actually though G Gundam was awesome! And yes, I agree, that SD Gundam force should never have been made! Evil or Very Mad
covah

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Eh, gundam is pretty much the god father of Mech shows. But it's true a lot of them suck, but some of them are good. I liked Gundam G, Wing, and 8th MS team. I'm not a big fan of the originals or Seed (too much "boohoo I don't want to fight")
Moros

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:14 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
Moros wrote:

SD Gundam force, actually. I actually though G Gundam was awesome! And yes, I agree, that SD Gundam force should never have been made! Evil or Very Mad

You doofus, I was referring to his original question (the one he had to take down). Wanted to know what the name was of the Gundam that had Neo Tokyo, and countries battling each other. Obviously G Gundam.

SD Gundam was the parody one, with the huge heads comparative to the bodies. Never watched it either, because I can't find it, AND I wouldn't buy it anyway. Its ranking on ANN is beyond pathetic.

I have Wing, SEED, collecting Destiny, and Zeta just arrived at my doorstep (booyah!). Will get CCA and 0079 VERY soon.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:19 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:

It was apparently alright seeing they made ten different series, and to the original question money. The reason why Gundam is around is money. Check this out.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Moros wrote:
You doofus, I was referring to his original question (the one he had to take down). Wanted to know what the name was of the Gundam that had Neo Tokyo, and countries battling each other. Obviously G Gundam.

SD Gundam was the parody one, with the huge heads comparative to the bodies. Never watched it either, because I can't find it, AND I wouldn't buy it anyway. Its ranking on ANN is beyond pathetic.

I have Wing, SEED, collecting Destiny, and Zeta just arrived at my doorstep (booyah!). Will get CCA and 0079 VERY soon.

I really don't apreciate the name calling, thank you. His question was edited before I got there, so I thought you were talking about his other description. Sorry for living, jeez! Rolling Eyes

But yeah, I've got for now/will eventually own maybe (pending) Zeta, working on SEED, have the first 2 volumes of Destiny (stopped collecting due to disappointment with the series), 0083 Stardust Memory (couldn't watch it otherwise) and Endless Waltz, with my favorites being SEED, Wing, G, 08th MS team, 0080 War in the Pocket, and so far Zeta (15 episodes in)
Moros

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:41 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
Sorry for living, jeez! Rolling Eyes
Sorry for defending my reputation and honour, jeez Rolling Eyes

That is so cool, how the two Emoticons synchronise.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:57 pm Reply with quote
It's more like "so many Gundam threads" I swear this topic seems to pop up every couple of months, even more so than Kenshin continuity threads. My question is if it is better to revive the older thread from a couple months ago, post all the links to previous threads, cut and paste entire sections from previous posts, or simply restate what all of us have already stated countless times before?
Moros

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Randall Miyashiro wrote:
It's more like "so many Gundam threads" I swear this topic seems to pop up every couple of months, even more so than Kenshin continuity threads. My question is if it is better to revive the older thread from a couple months ago, post all the links to previous threads, cut and paste entire sections from previous posts, or simply restate what all of us have already stated countless times before?
Go to Richard J.'s thread on Are you afraid to start a thread. We newbies post stuff that has already been done before cause we weren't here the last time. So, cut us some slack, and lose the "I have been here so long, I think I'll treat all newbies as idiots" attitude. Your arrogance reminds me of Kamille, in the early episodes. Grow up. This is the first Gundam thread I have ever seen, so don't blame what isn't guilty.
Phlieger

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Randall Miyashiro wrote:

I'm new okay, I didn't know. jeez if you don't like them make a big banner saying "Don't make Gundam topics!" Get a life.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Phlieger wrote:
I'm new okay, I didn't know. jeez if you don't like them make a big banner saying "Don't make Gundam topics!" Get a life.

Listen he was being rude to you, next time before you make a topic why not search for it?
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Newbies are expected to follow the rules just as old members are. Ignorance is not an excuse. That said, we're pretty forgiving and we highly respect people who can just admit they should have done things differently without getting so defensive they can't hear what others are saying.

Threads should have a clear purpose, should address a single issue that leads to intelligent discussion, or they can be a general discussion about a particular show, though we try to limit only one general thread per show. However, before you post a thread, you are also expected to try and answer your own question first, do a little looking and see if you can find the answer yourself. If it's a quick question, it belongs in the appropriately labeled sticky, if it's a more detailed topic, go ahead and start your own thread. Either way though, make sure if follows Teh Rules (particularly rule #3).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1