• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Trinity Blood Back?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathious

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Alright I was watching adult swim last Saturday and I noticed they have Trinity Blood Back. Personally I thought Trinity Blood was okay but I didn't think it was good enough to air again I mean come on first they re-air GITS and now Trinity Blood. The last new good anime show they aired was Blood+. I'm starting to get mad at Adult Swim for reairing the shows we've already seen. So I would like to know if their going to play the entire season of Trinity Blood again. I tried looking at the Adult Swim Shedule but apparently they didn't have the shedule for Saturdays posted yet. Also if you guys would like you could say what you think about this because I don't want to be the only one telling my opinion. thanks
Porcupine

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:43 pm Reply with quote
I thought Trinity Blood had a lot of potential but I hate it when an anime series ends without any sort of resolution. Like in the middle of an ongoing manga or something. I dunno if Trinity Blood has a manga associated with it, but the anime certainly went nowhere in the last third of the series, and ended with no resolution. We got to see one very nicely animated "last" battle, but nothing got resolved.

I hate Blood+ though. I can't even stand to watch it. The show sucks to me, not interesting, ugly drawings, etc etc.

I agree that Cartoon Network doesn't have enough new shows anymore. After Eureka 7 ended, now they don't have anything substantial that is new. They should just reshow Eureka 7, since they obviously have nothing better. On the other hand, I will complement Cartoon Network for re-airing Eureka 7's final episode a second week in a row after they botched it the first time around.
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I remember hearing on ANN about 3 weeks ago that they were supposed to re air Cowboy bebop at the end of March. Even though its reaired, what ever happened to that?? An personally I found trinity blood a little confusing, and I have seen GiTs 3 times already. No more. I loved havong my 2 hour anime line up on saturday, now its down to one hour. Oh so sad.
Moobkrad

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:10 pm Reply with quote
C'mon how can you say Blood+ was horrible? It was a precious show, delicious storyline. 52 Great episodes.

I liked Trinity Blood, although it left everything open for a second season.

Look up Princess 9, that is the worst ending for an anime. After viewing that one, I thought Trinity Blood's ending was better than mediocre.
supun

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:17 pm Reply with quote
I really did enjoy Trinity Blood.

I like that fact it doesn't base it's "vampires" on the same old mythology every vampire anime, movie, or story uses. It however did feel like a teaser for the manga or novel than an actual series. They could have stretched it out a few more episode, instead of dumping everything into the last episode.

And IMHO, it did deserved a second run on AS since it did very well in the ratings compared to the other anime. The only thing that prevented it from being #1 some weeks was the return of the 1 hour comedy block at the beginning.

Heh, I'll even add I don't care for vampires, zombie, wolfman, etc type stuff and I liked Trinity Blood. Smile
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I liked Trinity Blood, but not enough for it to have a repeat! Although I almost never like to see anything have a repeat unless it's something I didn't get the chance to see the first time around (or second or third, ect.....) or if it's something that's one of my absolute favorites like FMA, Naruto or Bleach, and even then I'm a little bit iffy about it. I'd much rather see something new premire instead of watching something I've seen for like the thousandth time, no matter how good it is.
Porcupine

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Out of the things which could have rerun, I definitely feel that Trinity Blood was a good choice, despite its shortcomings. I "liked" it too, until it got near the end where things just dragged on for no reason and the series ended abruptly with nothing resolved.

Eeeww...Cowboy Bebop. I never liked that show to begin with, but even if I did, it's already been rerun 30 times or something, enough is enough.

I watched the first 7 or so episodes of Blood+, now its just so boring I can't bring myself to watch, even though it's the only new anime left (other than Bleach and Naruto, which I do watch, but those are shonen animes which run for hundreds of episodes and I count them in a different genre in this regard). 52 episodes?! Yuck, no wonder the series is so boring. Should have been a 13 episode series, maybe then it would have been more exciting.

Story is boring and slow. Directing seems bad and boring. Music seems bad and boring. Drawings are very ugly and boring. Animation is cheap or average and boring. It's boring. I can't think of a single good thing about Blood+.
Kelly

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Porcupine wrote:
I thought Trinity Blood had a lot of potential but I hate it when an anime series ends without any sort of resolution. Like in the middle of an ongoing manga or something. I dunno if Trinity Blood has a manga associated with it, but the anime certainly went nowhere in the last third of the series, and ended with no resolution. We got to see one very nicely animated "last" battle, but nothing got resolved.

For those who aren't aware, apparently the author of the source novels tragically died at only 34 years old of a lung blockage just as work began on the anime. A close friend of his is continuing the novelization, but I haven't read anything about how much of his intentions for the rest of the story he had been able to convey or commit to writing under the circumstances.

Considering the terrible circumstances, I'm willing to cut the problems with the ending a bit more slack than I would otherwise.
ivorymoose

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:26 pm Reply with quote
I watched Trinity Blood by accident on Much Music.com Razer. I was offended by the way they twist Christian believes and symbols. However, I liked the artwork and dark colors. The storyline is rather complex with political, military, racial and religious themes which appeal to me. However, I was very determined not to collect this boxset because it violates my religious believes. Nevertherless........errrrrrr.......I took a little shopping trip while on vacation in Singapore and saw the region 3 boxset on the display shelf and oh.....it looked so tempting.......the artwork........I hesitated for almost half an hour and Crying or Very sad ...I bought it! Huh.

I find this title religiously controversial but it is a great piece of artwork.
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:06 am Reply with quote
mathious wrote:
Personally I thought Trinity Blood was okay but I didn't think it was good enough to air again I mean come on first they re-air GITS and now Trinity Blood.

...are you surprised? We can't expect them to have a brand new show to air right away. At least it's Trinity Blood and not Cowboy Bebop Rolling Eyes. I didn't like TB but I see nothing wrong with them airing it again... as long as this is the last time for a long time. I can understand how you feel, though. I have a hard time re-watching shows unless it's an absolute favorite. And Trinity Blood is definitely not a favorite of mine.
fusion duelist

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:04 pm Reply with quote
TB was not that great, but it was an OK way to spend a half hour. Now that I know what is going on I look forward to re-watching it. On the other hand I'm still waiting for eva reruns.
Porcupine

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Kelly wrote:
For those who aren't aware, apparently the author of the source novels tragically died at only 34 years old of a lung blockage just as work began on the anime.

Considering the terrible circumstances, I'm willing to cut the problems with the ending a bit more slack than I would otherwise.
I had no idea. In that case, yes Trinity Blood was a great series, and it's too bad things turned out the way they did.
Lord Aizen

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Ey guy I really loved Trinity Blood series, but I am not satisfied with its ending. It opened a door for a new series but I hope that they will conitnue it beacase I think it will have a great impact and many fans will really watch it.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:47 am Reply with quote
I'm happy that they're showing it again so I can see the episode I missed when my cable went out. They're showing Eureka 7 on Comcast VOD so I'll get to see the episode I missed that night. It will probably be a long wait before I get to see the Bleach episode I missed.
The Big Bang

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I think Trinity Blood falls into that category of great anime with terrible ending. So,I do not have a problem with [AS] showing a second run of Trinity Blood. But I probably will not see the last episode to aviod getting pissed off. Evil or Very Mad I do not see why is anyone complaining about [AS] not bringing in new anime. This is what always happen when television station takes a step back from bringing in new material because of limited viewership when its nearing summer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2