• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ever been influenced by Anime?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Ever been influenced by Anime to try something that was in the show?
Like dancing with the ending of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or with the beginning of LuckyStar
. Personally I tried both dances, I think I'm ok with the TMoHS dance but still have to master Lucky ☆ Star's. xD

Or have you tried some food that you saw on the show and thought it was tasty?
Like Taiyaki from Kanon(2006) or Melon Bread from Shakugan no Shana. I never had Taiyaki but I did had mooncakes so I'm guessing that the crust is a little different. But I await to try melon bread, I hope is tastes good as Shana says it does. :3

Or tried making your own Anime, Manga, Music, etc?
Riyousha

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:18 pm Reply with quote
LuckySleven wrote:
Ever been influenced by Anime to try something that was in the show?
Like dancing with the ending of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or with the beginning of LuckyStar. Personally I tried both dances, I think I'm ok with the TMoHS dance but still have to master Lucky ☆ Star's. xD

Well... I've been acting out some fake stunts alone from shows like Dragon Ball Z, where Goku does the Kamehameha Wave, and Narto, where Naruto throws shurkiens/kunais and does jutsus (I kid after imitating the jutsus). Also, when I remember a line from any show, I usually say them with a characters voice (unlessthere's a voice I'm no good at), because I'm good at alot of voices like Freeza's voice for example.

Quote:
Like Taiyaki from Kanon(2006) or Melon Bread from Shakugan no Shana. I never had Taiyaki but I did had mooncakes so I'm guessing that the crust is a little different. But I await to try melon bread, I hope is tastes good as Shana says it does. :3

When I saw Ramen in Naruto, I thought it looked so good. So I decided to taste it and it tasted great. also eat sushi (ecspecially when I look at Japanese stuff online or playing a Japanese game or watching a Japanese show).

Quote:

Well lots of stuff (including anime) is inspiring me for future medias when I form a studio called "I'm Gonna Knock That Guy Out" which has a logo depicting two sock'em robots beating eachother up along with the studio name. I'll probably parody some anime in some of my shows.

Also, I've been thinking of doing a manga based on the Book of Genesis but I couldn't do the scenery, background, and characters for the front cover right. It's with a beautiful carden with trees, flowers, and mountains, and the people in it are Adam and Eve. I'll probably do a good job with God's hand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
TheVok

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:24 pm Reply with quote
LuckySleven wrote:

Again, you cannot make anime or manga if you're somewhere like Mississauga.

Anime is by definition Japanese animation.

Manga is by definition Japanese comics.
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:42 pm Reply with quote
TheVok wrote:
LuckySleven wrote:

Again, you cannot make anime or manga if you're somewhere like Mississauga.

Anime is by definition Japanese animation.

Manga is by definition Japanese comics.

Well if it's made by a Japanese person would what you consider it?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:01 pm Reply with quote
What you're not getting LuckySleven is that anime, as a term, refers to Japanimation. Hell, anime was never the actual word for what we know now as anime. It's basically a slang term that got started and stuck. Regardless, anime refers to animation from Japan, and only JAPAN. Not Japanese kids in Hong Kong or Russia. Now, that does not mean by any account that ANIMATION from places like China or Korea,for example, are bad. It simply means that are not "anime."
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Well, Mahoromatic's poem (V) mademe like poetry better.

"Boobie oobie, oobie boobie, boobie oobie oh
the ripe autumn fillith over with boobie oobies
oobie boobie Rin, boobie oobie Riho
Ms. Shikijo OOBie boobie. Suguru loves boobie oobies.
I don't have oobie boobies, but is that really a bad thing
if so........I'm sorry this isn't working." (I think I forgot a line in there....)

Most anything plus fanservice in any Gainaz project seems to do well in the show, but I'm not one to speak because if the creator of the show wants some fanservice in there, than it's NOT out of place in any way. But if he has to do it for reasons like, he can't think of anythig else to do, than it may be bad to have it in there. This has nothing to do with the top part.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quote
LuckySleven wrote:

I've tried melon bread, it's really good. It has a nice, light and flaky texture and it tastes good too. I've also wanted to try taiyaki because of Kanon, but they don't serve it in Japanese resteraunts.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:41 pm Reply with quote
CloverKuroba wrote:
LuckySleven wrote:

I've tried melon bread, it's really good. It has a nice, light and flaky texture and it tastes good too. I've also wanted to try taiyaki because of Kanon, but they don't serve it in Japanese resteraunts.

I've never actually had melon bread. I'm a pretty good cook myself and have made many different Asian, Japanese, Thai, Chinese, Vietnemese, dishes long before I got big into anime. However, melon bread I must confess is not something I have found and tried. After re-watching DearS and contemplating on this I feel a strong urge to try some. Anyone got a clue where to get some? I'm looking at you Fighterholic. Anime exclamation
sizzlin_chiken

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Sports wise yes. I never thought about doing tennis til I saw Prince of Tennis but yea now I love the sport.
TheVok

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:06 pm Reply with quote
LuckySleven wrote:

Well if it's made by a Japanese person would what you consider it?

Huh, animation made by a person?

Usually it takes a whole studio.

And anime studios are in Japan, not Mississauga.

They're part of a long-established industry.

Think of it like scotch. You're legally not allowed to label a Canadian-made whisky--even a single malt--as 'scotch.'

It would be just as absurd to label animation made anywhere in the world other than Japan as 'anime.'
riccardo

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:24 am Reply with quote
I am very seriously considering Nuku Nukus pose from the TV series for my photo on my new work ID badge. Huge smile, eyes closed tight, "V" for victory sign, the whole deal! Wink

I am also looking for Orphens "dragon-wrapped-'round-a-sword" necklace pretty much everywhere, because I think thats pretty awesome.

If I was confident enough and could affoard the 4 cans of hairspray a day, I might try some of the hairstyles, too. Laughing
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:29 am Reply with quote
riccardo wrote:
I am very seriously considering Nuku Nukus pose from the TV series for my photo on my new work ID badge. Huge smile, eyes closed tight, "V" for victory sign, the whole deal! Wink

I am also looking for Orphens "dragon-wrapped-'round-a-sword" necklace pretty much everywhere, because I think thats pretty awesome.

If I was confident enough and could affoard the 4 cans of hairspray a day, I might try some of the hairstyles, too. Laughing

Do the pose and post it later and show us, I think that's awesome...but I am generally a dork and wouldn't do it myself...still...where do you work?

They sell gel like stuff for the hair that will hold it pretty much however and would be better and cheeper than hairspray. Smile

As to being influenced, I am sure I have learned a few dances watching op ed's and whatnot...
I like sushi outside of anime (it wasn't what influenced me) so I can't count that.
I admit to a deep stupid desire to get myself some loose kogal socks and wear though...and a kimono...not wearing them together... Very Happy
jetz

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:00 am Reply with quote
I tried imitating the TMoHS dance but I strongly advise everyone not to watch me do it. My brother has seen it, and he says it's the most frightening sight he's ever seen. He's serious too.

I wanna try Melon bread too. I've seen Melon bread in other series before I've watched Shakugan no Shana, and from what I heard, it's a hit in Japan, specially among students. I wonder if it's really good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mathious

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:51 am Reply with quote
Well I would say that I act like a certain character from the show M.A.R. His name is Alviss and I think I act like him because Alviss and I don't put up with any bull sh** but we also do have a soft spot, for instance when Alviss had the chance to destroy babbo but didn't. In my opinion I think he acts tough but he is really kind at heart, except when it comes to people that harm other people then he would probably beat the crap out of them just like what I would do. So I'm not exactly "influenced" by the show but I think ever since I've seen the show I've realized that I'm more like Alviss than what I thought.
AzNAnhKhoa

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Twisted Evil Im trying to act like Morita Shinobu from Honey & Clover Twisted Evil
Moehwahahaha Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3