• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Questions about some of the Manga

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katchem_ash

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Hello All, I am a new poster but I have a couple of questions to ask.

Currently, I own a lot of Manga, including stuff from CPM Press such as Couple and such. Is there any news of Vol 4, the final volume, being released?

Also I have a couple of ADV Manga's, Steel Angel Kurumi, Mystical Prince Yoshida Kun and a couple of others yet haven't heard a word about them. I noticed that ADV Manga is turning out copies agian and was wondering if any of these series are going to be continued?
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Answers are best explained by checking the publishers' websites.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:30 pm Reply with quote
CPM is basically out of business, as I recall.

ADV is starting up Yotsuba& and Gunslinger Girl again, but those are the only ones know of at this point. Checking their website is useless as their manga section hasn't been updated since September of '04. The only time the ever bother announcing anything is when they make a new license acquisition, like Anne Freaks or Kobato (I think that's what it was called). Otherwise, they prefer stealth releases.
katchem_ash

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:20 am Reply with quote
Oh so CPM Press is gone? Aww, is there anyone else going to pick up the Couple licence? I really want to get the final volume.

So I guess I just wait until I get word that Steel Angel Kurumi is back? Well, that sucks.
Not a Jellyfish

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:58 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
CPM is basically out of business, as I recall.

ADV is starting up Yotsuba& and Gunslinger Girl again, but those are the only ones know of at this point. Checking their website is useless as their manga section hasn't been updated since September of '04. The only time the ever bother announcing anything is when they make a new license acquisition, like Anne Freaks or Kobato (I think that's what it was called). Otherwise, they prefer stealth releases.

ADV licensed Kobato??? This is a sad day, indeed. Anime cry

Anywho, you may want to check out this thread. It has a bunch of info about ADV series that were put on hiatus and have supposedly begun again.
Treetastic

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:51 pm Reply with quote
But I heard that Kobato was to be serialized in Newtype USA(?) If that's the case, I don't think ADV could get away with halting it without upsetting a lot of people... it wouldn't be a wise move. But then again, it's ADV. Nothing they do can ever be understood by regular humans.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:29 pm Reply with quote
At this point, if they start something, they will probably stick with it unless it sells really poorly or they catch up to the Japanese release (which they will shortly with Gunslinger Girl and Yotsuba&). They had to cancel most of their manga because they did too much at once and most of them were unknown and/or crap and barely marketed. They could still use some work with actually marketing their titles, but they are at least focused now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1