• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Any chinese readers out there? Need recommendations =D

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D.A.I

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:25 am Reply with quote
Need recommendations for chinese titles =D Looking for Yuri titles, or girls kicking ass =D And where do you buy your comics? coz i cant seem to find what i want Sad the titles available here in Singapore seems so limited Sad[/spoiler]
D.A.I

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:59 am Reply with quote
ehh by chinese titles i mean manga in chinese =D coz i don like reading then in english. open to any title recommendations =D
riprock

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:59 am Reply with quote
I am not an expert. I have just recently started trying to read manga in Chinese in order to teach myself Chinese -- or rather, to practice my character recognition.

One story with a lot of archaic terms in "The Good Witch of the West," which apparently has a powerful female character. However, I don't think she's yuri or particularly given to butt-kicking.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:59 am Reply with quote
欢迎来到ANN! However, before you continue posting there are several rules I have to explain.

First, this is an English language website, so please do your best to write in proper English. To many users of this site (myself included) English is their second or even third language, but we check our spellings and capitalize first letters of every sentence.

D.A.I wrote:
ehh by chinese titles i mean manga in chinese =D coz i don like reading then in english. open to any title recommendations =D

The second thing is about "recommendation" threads: they are not allowed in the anime forum, and while this rule is less stringent in the manga forum (for they never posed as big a nuisance as those in anime forum), it is required that the person asking recommendations must define what s/he is looking for clearly and specifically, preferably with titles s/he has read and liked. In your case, for example, I can simply direct you to various licensors in Taiwan and Hong Kong. "Yuri titles, or girls kicking ass" is just not enough.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1