• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
dose any one read reborn?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
powerman 5000

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote
i red it and liked it but then i thought well i'm a guy so this is weird but i recomend it to everyone who likes manga but it's not my favroite i like ruroni kenshin but this is a good readind on your spare time manga not a read and reread so let me know your thoughts.
jgreen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quote
There are two little keys right next to the letter "m" with symbols on them called a "comma" and a "period." You really should use those, or the mods are going to keep locking all your posts.

I read the first volume of Reborn! and I thought it was an interesting read just because of how truly insane it was, what with people constantly shooting each other in the face and what not. While I haven't sought out any more volumes, I will say that I certainly was never bored. As I put it in my review, "Heck, I'm not even sure I liked it, but I certainly couldn't put it down." Whether that's a ringing endorsement or not probably depends on the reader...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:18 pm Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:
There are two little keys right next to the letter "m" with symbols on them called a "comma" and a "period." You really should use those, or the mods are going to keep locking all your posts.

Don't forget that tricky 'shift' key.

As for Reborn, I'm interested in reading it but I haven't done so yet. I'm really enjoying the anime right now so if the manga is anything like it, then I'll probably enjoy it as well.

powerman 5000 wrote:
i red it and liked it but then i thought well i'm a guy so this is weird

Why is it weird that you're a guy who likes a shounen series?
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:31 pm Reply with quote
I've got the first three volumes, but I've only read the first one to date. Some of the later chapters I've seen from more recent Jumps look awesome, so I'm really looking forward to getting there in the series, but I have been enjoying the anime quite a bit.

Though its main draw early looks to be just the absurdity of cute, baby hitmen and their cute, baby rivals, I just hope some of the more cool, badass moments I'm looking forward to translate well into the story. I know I'm certainly not disappointed in any of the characters so far. I'm interested to see where the series goes
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:24 pm Reply with quote
I read Reborn from the beginning, and it seemed kind of whack. So I stopped reading it after what you probably consider the first volume since I was reading it via Shonen Jump. Perhaps a review of it could be in order, to maybe go beyond and see if it improved at all.
powerman 5000

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quote
"Ok i'll try to improve my grammer and spelling."
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:32 pm Reply with quote
powerman 5000 wrote:
"Ok i'll try to improve my grammer and spelling."

Then I'll help you out a little: It's 'grammar' not 'grammer'.
powerman 5000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:26 pm Reply with quote
"my bad."
bahamut623

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Well to get this topic back on track...yea I've been enjoying it alot (granted, I got into the series because of the later arcs where it gets more action packed).
It's a silly comedy sure...but what more would you expect from a manga with a hitman baby?? If you're only mildly interested in it, I would say to hang in there for just a while longer as the story will take a huge turn and become a very good action series (while still retaining the same sense of humor). The story is actually pretty intriguing for something with such a silly premise.
For now it's still in silly comedy phase, but even in voumes 2 and 3 the comedy has improved since the first volume

To fighterholic: Yes it improves ALOT. Even if you hate the first few volumes, the later parts will make you at least tolerate the early parts. It's giving Bleach and Naruto a run for their money in terms of popularity in Jump. The art improves alot and the characters (who all had fighting abilities to being with) are put to good use action-wise.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1