• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Odd clips from Kiddy Grade

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshuafer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:40 am Reply with quote
I was downloading some AMV's earlier, and I decided to check out one done to trapt's headstrong. The reason I am posting this here is, I saw a lot of clips that I had never seen in the anime. So I decided to check your database, and I see Kiddy grade 2 is in the works ( or released already ? ) Anyways, I was hoping that anyone else that has seen Kiddy grade would not mind heading over to the AMV site and checking out the amv in question. The actual name of the amv is Neko's AMV5, and as I have already mentioned it is done to the song headstrong, by trapt. Yes, thats how they spell their name. So let me know, am I losing my mind, or what, and thanks.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:02 pm Reply with quote
No scenes that I didn't recall seeing in the anime. I think they may have inverted colors for a few scenes (not sure, since I haven't seen KG in a while), but nothing that made me go "Wtf? I don't remember that!". If you can specify what scenes you were confused by it would help (like tell us the exact time they occurred).
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:40 pm Reply with quote
It's possible they used some scenes from that trailer that was included in the first volume. At least half of the footage in it never appeared in the anime.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Actually, the first 4:08 of the video is exactly the Promotional Video included on the original American release of the first volume. It's just been set to different music and had images from the series opener padded on to the end to fill up the full run time of the song. Not an especially creative or inspired effort, if you ask me.

Geez, this is a series I always like but haven't set down and watched in quite a while. I need to find time to marathon it sometime soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
joshuafer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:36 pm Reply with quote
I definitely did not remember eclair fighting some big ass alien looking thing, then having Donner bust through the wall to save her. I did not remember Lumiere zapping that small black cat robot thing, only to have a larger robot bust through the ground to fight her. I did not recall fighting Eclair and Lumiere battling the Tweedle siblings like that, or Eclaire fighting the large guy with silver hair in that setting.
spoiler[ I know she fought him, on the ruined space station thing, but not in some arena looking thing. ] Someone mentioned some of the clips were from some bonus thing, that might explain it. Thanks for checking it out, I thought I was losing it.

I also agree, not very inspired, they could of put a lot more fighting in it, if they had wanted to, especially for that song.

Sorry if there names are spelt incorrectly. I know they are close. Might be an E on the end of Eclair... I do not think they meant the pastry ... hehe.
Amasa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:39 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure there was no footage of Lumiere naked in the series. I don't remember any of the scenes joshuafer mentioned either. I might not be very observant but I'm almost positive that Lumiere never fought a black robotic cat. I haven't seen the bonus disc you're talking about so maybe there's some clips from that.

It's an awesome series, the sequel is my most anticipated release this year I think. I agree the AMV could have been a lot better. There was hardly any footage of spoiler[Eclaire and Lumiere's attack on the headquarters, which is what I remember most vividly as action intense.]
Key

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:38 am Reply with quote
Amasa wrote:
I'm pretty sure there was no footage of Lumiere naked in the series. I don't remember any of the scenes joshuafer mentioned either. I might not be very observant but I'm almost positive that Lumiere never fought a black robotic cat. I haven't seen the bonus disc you're talking about so maybe there's some clips from that.

It's an awesome series, the sequel is my most anticipated release this year I think. I agree the AMV could have been a lot better. There was hardly any footage of spoiler[Eclaire and Lumiere's attack on the headquarters, which is what I remember most vividly as action intense.]

No, there was no bonus disc, the Promotional Video was on the initial DVD release.

And Lumiere and Eclaire both appeared completely naked and with frontal nudity on one occasion - episode 12, I believe. (Where they had spoiler[gone rogue and been subjected to that device which messed up their nanotech and Eclair was particularly badly affected, so Amblast stuck them in his case to try to save them.]) They appear naked from the back on at least one or two other occasions each throughout the series, as fan service was a major element in that one.

I started rewatching this series from the beginning last night, and am noticing that some subtle hints about the dramatic plot twists which happen in mid-series come up quite early, mostly as off-handed comments of concern which, in retrospect, are a little too pointed to be coincidental. (And, of course, the most obvious one where spoiler[she's battling the cyborg flunky who remembers her in the arena dueling episode.])
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Back when the series was first licensed, someone wanted to know how bad the fanservice was so I put together a few snaps.
Both girls have a gratuitous shower scene, Eclair in episode 4 and Lumiere in episode 5. There was also the aforementioned nudity in episode 12 (just look for the files marked x).

Before the DVDs were available in the US I also put online screenshots from the PV where both Eclair and Lumiere are shown naked, although I omitted the closeup on Lumiere. (I did take the galleries offline after the DVDs were released but I put them back up for reference a while back, they just aren't linked from the front page anymore).

As well as that conversation with the cyborg in episode 2 (although the conversation is much more of a spoiler in the dub than the subs) there was also a line in the first episode spoiler["Don't die again"] (which I would have translated rather differenly as it is more abmbiguous in the Japanese and should have a different meaning when you watch the series for the second time), and, if you were watching carefully, the 4rd episode spoiler[the way Eclipse reacts to the news of Eclair singing lullabyes].

While most scenes in the PV do not appear in the same form in the anime itself, there are actually a lot of spoilers therein, although they aren't always obvious without retrospect, but I predicted a few plot twists based on them spoiler[e.g.from I predicted them going up against the other ES members, that Mercredi and Armbrust were partners, and from that scene with the scar that Eclipse would survive her assassination]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
highteckdudu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:59 pm Reply with quote
I have seen that whole series! quite interesting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:31 pm Reply with quote
highteckdudu wrote:
I have seen that whole series! quite interesting.

Why do you think that way? You have to say more, or else all you're doing is spamming.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1