• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Perfect / Pointless / Poignant Quotes.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:59 am Reply with quote
Aight, here's some good ones that have made my days over the past few weeks:

In regards to the interview with Steven Foster:

Zalis116 wrote:
Well, I guess nothing proves you're "controversial" more than saturating an interview with "f*ck" Rolling Eyes

Then my favorite,
Tony K. wrote:
No. I've listened to all three series' dubs and am thoroughly unimpressed to this day. In addition, the review does little to make me jump on the bandwagon. "Superb" and "surpass" just don't sit well with me. Why even have a Japanese track then, since it's utter bullplop compared to the likes of Chris "God" Patton and Luci "I'm better than Satsuki Yukino and can replace all and any of her roles, especially the Sonozaki sisters in what ADV will rename The Japanese Track of This Anime Sucks, So Let's Redo It With Such a Superb Performance That We Surpass Those Gimpy Seiyuu" Christian? Just fire every voice actor back in Japan and have the English track as the only option with Japanese subs for the next series in both countries.

Better yet, let's make all anime in Houston. The voice acting is just that good. This way, you don't have to worry about overseas licensing from Japan to the US, and fansubbing will cut down dramatically because ADV will be the new anime masters of the universe. And all we have to do to get their stuff cheap is wait for Right Stuf to throw it all in the Bargain Bin.

Then we can change the name of this site to ADV News Network, since anime in general will just automatically equal "ADV goodness" in every carnal and sensual aspect we can possibly conceive. I mean, I have so totally wasted my time and money investing in low-quality, bilingual DVDs that are just filled with the poison known as Japanese, when I could've just pushed a single button on my remote to surpass this monstrosity and enjoy myself to a superb level of entertainment and life-changing rejuvination that is ADV dubbing Anime hyper. God, or should I say Chris, what have I been wasting my life for Anime cry?

followed by,
Zac wrote:
Tony K. wrote:
ARRRGGGGHHHHH

You are an angry, angry fellow sometimes.

It's from this thread, and I must give credit where it is due here, that was a very good summary by Zac.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Amasa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:40 am Reply with quote
Responding to DragonsRevenge's question
Quote:
Why do you love anime?
in the thread I do loves me anime consilience wrote:
Quote:
I like it to bring me away from this crappy planet full of hippies.

Hehe, simple & sweet.
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:47 am Reply with quote
Wow... Tony was sure on fire in that one O_o...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:17 pm Reply with quote
selenta wrote:
Zac wrote:
Tony K. wrote:
ARRRGGGGHHHHH

It's from this thread, and I must give credit where it is due here, that was a very good summary by Zac.

But no bunnies. Grave disappointment, that.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:57 pm Reply with quote
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32902

I swear to god, the mods should really get paid for their work here. They work so hard. However, I'm sure Nagisa can't tell me he wasn't laughing when he read that also.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:21 pm Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
selenta wrote:
Zac wrote:
Tony K. wrote:
ARRRGGGGHHHHH

But no bunnies. Grave disappointment, that.

- abunai

It should be required of Zac to post some sort of bunny picture after each post he makes. He can use different pictures to illustrate his moods. Sort of Zac's version of the threat level. Instead of orange or green it's rabid bunny or happy bunny. then all will fear his army. I bet his personal rabbit destroyer is the same rabbit from Monty Python's Holy Grail. How much did they pay you to borrow him? Wink
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:59 pm Reply with quote
DragonsRevenge wrote:
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32902

I swear to god, the mods should really get paid for their work here. They work so hard. However, I'm sure Nagisa can't tell me he wasn't laughing when he read that also.

No...I think Nagi was beating his head against the nearest flat surface, screaming at the top of his lungs but I'm sure that if anyone was listening they probably only understood "F**K!!! Idiot!!! Moron!!! Why the hell do I do this! I'm tired of this S**T!!!"

Wink Laughing Laughing

And you're right...they really should get paid or their hospital bills for the concussions they give themselves should be paid by ANN.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:02 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
No...I think Nagi was beating his head against the nearest flat surface, screaming at the top of his lungs but I'm sure that if anyone was listening they probably only understood "F**K!!! Idiot!!! Moron!!! Why the hell do I do this! I'm tired of this S**T!!!"

Nah, I bet he had this little smirk on his face and was thinking to himself, "...I love my job."
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:08 am Reply with quote
That is something we can only guess until Nagisa-san speaks up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Was looking through the Haruhi thread and...

Quote:
Whoa, what a great episode, in one word "AAAAAASOME". But in the post frentymon wrote it sounds like that the 13 episode wasnt out yet????? I've seen all the episodes. Are the episodes supposed to be out of ordere because the 14 episode wasnt the ending was it?? Confused

It would seem a retard on a website messed the order up Embarassed

An early post by an ANN regular who posts MUCH better now, but at the time I thought, "what's with this guy??" Took out the name to preserve anonymity, but regular-san, you know who you are. Wink
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
As I type this in the library, there is a mentally handicapped man reading this post over my shoulder and making purring noises. Sir, if you are still reading this, please leave me alone.

I don't know if it was the randomness of the comment or the mental picture it conjured up, but I found this amusing.
C r i m s o n

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:05 pm Reply with quote
From the information I've gathered from this thread and from my own "research," it seems that a lot of the kids who subscribe to Otakukinism are also the type to gush over how Character XYZ is such a KAWAII BISHIE MANCAKE =^._.^= o_0. But if these people seriously believe that they the reincarnation of these characters, wouldn't that be like trans-dimensional masturbation?

Another complex yet obscure post from yours truly, Wolverine Princess.

-Crimson
10円

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:02 am Reply with quote
ManOfRust wrote:
As I type this in the library, there is a mentally handicapped man reading this post over my shoulder and making purring noises. Sir, if you are still reading this, please leave me alone.

I don't know if it was the randomness of the comment or the mental picture it conjured up, but I found this amusing.

Hmm. I was thinking it was more along the lines of a split personality disorder. The thought of peering deep into the mind of WP is almost frightening; what wonders one might discover. Shocked
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:25 am Reply with quote
10円 wrote:
ManOfRust wrote:

Hmm. I was thinking it was more along the lines of a split personality disorder. The thought of peering deep into the mind of WP is almost frightening; what wonders one might discover. Shocked

I wasn’t lying, there really was a guy looking over my shoulder and making cat noises in the library. He was playing games on The Disney Channel's website on the computer across from me, and I guess he felt antsy and got up to look at what everyone was typing. Then he left me alone and went back to his seat to play more games and talk to his computer. (He was mumbling “I’m the green dude! The green ranger!" over and over under his breath.) I've seen him hanging out in the library a lot, actually. The other day he was he climbing on the newspaper racks and pretending he was a monkey while singing the Numa Numa song, and the librarians almost had to go get the police since he wouldn't be quiet. (He was singing the original Romanian version, too. I was very impressed.) From what I've been able to gather from the library ladies yelling at him, his name is John.

Thinking about it, I've seen a lot of disturbing things in the library. About a year ago I witnessed a frustrated mother throw her toddler down on the floor and kick her repeatedly for crying in the library. Everyone was too shocked and too afraid to get the police (even though the police station is RIGHT NEXT DOOR), so she got off the hook Scott-free. It still gives me nightmares thinking about what she might have done to her poor little girl once they got in the car and out of the public's eye.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:37 am Reply with quote
10円 wrote:
ManOfRust wrote:

Or what horrors. Tread carefully PG for you know not what darkness lurks in the heart of the Princess of Wolverines Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 105