• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Perfect / Pointless / Poignant Quotes.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:04 pm Reply with quote
I just found the way this person worded this was funny:
Eggs wrote:
I've come to realize that there is a moderator here that goes by TK. I do not claim to be that moderator, rather I go by Tk (Notice the difference in how I type my initials out) as a nickname. I do that IRL (In Real Life) rather than going by my given name. I don't mean to confuse any of you.

So does that mean that Tk is also pronounced differently than TK?
8daze

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it's his way of glossing over the fact that all his friends call him "Tick"? Wink
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:06 am Reply with quote
From the talkback thread for the news story about the new Evagelion soft drinks:

Jadress wrote:
Oh Gainax, I'm just waiting for EVA plug tampons and the cycle of merchandising madness will be complete.

If they actually do this, we'll know where they got the idea. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
youkai_ronin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:28 am Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:
From the talkback thread for the news story about the new Evagelion soft drinks:

Jadress wrote:
Oh Gainax, I'm just waiting for EVA plug tampons and the cycle of merchandising madness will be complete.

If they actually do this, we'll know where they got the idea. Laughing

I can't imagine even they would go that far with their merchandise and yet.....most likely they'd make it look the an EVA's entry-plug, but that wouldn't be any good because then it would overheat and....I'm just going to stop now. Razz
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I was rather amused by this little turn of conversation that was inspired by an Answerman flake of the week who claimed to be capable of harnessing his own fox spirit chi.
SalarymanJoe wrote:
ManOfRust wrote:

Ohhh, Drew-san, will you please teach us all how to harness our Platypus chi? Now there's a skill that would really be useful. To heck with this fox nonsense.

I will warn you ahead of time: laying eggs is the hard part.

Drew "Suiko" Sutton
http://akibaren.blogspot.com
C r i m s o n

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:18 am Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
I know its forbidden to start up discussions on anime but I also know that if the series is new that I can start one.

Really, need I explain?

-Crimson
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:32 am Reply with quote
C r i m s o n wrote:
IchigoK90 wrote:
I know its forbidden to start up discussions on anime but I also know that if the series is new that I can start one.

Really, need I explain?

About Hidden Rule #11 of Teh Rules, that if you start an anime discussion thread you get SUPER ULTRA IMMEDIATE DOUBLE PERMANENT BAN? Apparently IchigoK90 knows that rule well but chose to follow the path of the iconoclast. [/sarcasm]

Although I think limiting discussion of each series to one thread per series wouldn't be such a bad idea, and seems to be holding for newer series.
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:55 am Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
About Hidden Rule #11 of Teh Rules, that if you start an anime discussion thread you get SUPER ULTRA IMMEDIATE DOUBLE PERMANENT BAN?

Oh yeah, you mean the one where we ban you, then we format your hard drive, then we come to your house and beat you over the head with folding chairs?

Hey, wait a second, how did you know about that one?

frentymon wrote:
Although I think limiting discussion of each series to one thread per series wouldn't be such a bad idea, and seems to be holding for newer series.

What makes it even funnier, or more suspicious (of trolling behavior on a forum anyway) is that the other thread is named the same thing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:39 am Reply with quote
Quote:
[I didn't intentionally not label this as a MANGA SPOILER, I swear! -a mod who's name sounds suspiciously like "placenta"]

This was edited into Doctor who's post in the Death Note thread, whoever did this, you know who you are Wink I'm still trying to figure out whether it's a positive remark, or negative.....oh, I think I got it now.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Talking about the Pope from Trinity Blood:

SakechanBD wrote:
hentai4me wrote:
how on Earth can the Pope have low self esteem!?

Maybe the tunic makes him look fat.

Bamboo has such a fun sense of humor.
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:38 pm Reply with quote
selenta wrote:
frentymon wrote:
About Hidden Rule #11 of Teh Rules, that if you start an anime discussion thread you get SUPER ULTRA IMMEDIATE DOUBLE PERMANENT BAN?

Oh yeah, you mean the one where we ban you, then we format your hard drive, then we come to your house and beat you over the head with folding chairs?

Goodness Gracious Great Mods of Fire! I really fell off my piano bench reading that one, selenta! I loved it Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
C r i m s o n

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:40 pm Reply with quote
DeeDow wrote:
Oh Crud. Nice, I quoted myself. I hate being a newb

Is there a fliping manual around here some place?

Anyone? Anyone??

I'm still wondering myself. Confused

-Crimson
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:07 am Reply with quote
TestamentSaki wrote:
selenta wrote:
frentymon wrote:

Goodness Gracious Great Mods of Fire! I really fell off my piano bench reading that one, selenta! I loved it Anime hyper

Maybe that would explain why my laptop just stopped working and I had to wipe the whole thing clean. Also would explain why I woke up with a bitchin headache. Been to MD lately Selenta?
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:18 am Reply with quote
selenta wrote:
frentymon wrote:

Did I mention that a lot of my folding chairs have dents in them now? Evil or Very Mad I thought that whole post was strange as well...maybe IchigoK90 was confusing something with the recommendation thread rule, but I know that he's been around the forums for awhile. Longer than I have, in fact, though he hasn't been so active recently. Nothing against you, Ichigo Neutral

*This quote has been removed at the "request" of the original author*

Last edited by Zalis116 on Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:53 am Reply with quote
selenta wrote:

A commendable effort in explanation, but sadly you and the others are mixing things up, what you are describing is merely the ULTRA IMMEDIATE PERMANENT BAN. I'm talking about the SUPER ULTRA IMMEDIATE DOUBLE PERMANENT BAN here folks; this is when you suddenly get flooded with so many forum bugs (and just you, mind you) that your computer slowly boils from the inside out, then get a house visit from your friendly ANN Moderating Task Force (Code name "tempest"), beat on the head by Rena-approved iron bats, and last but not least, get invaded by a wave of Zac's handpicked baby bunnies. Double that amount if you're an otakukin.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 105