• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Industry: Best of 2006

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:30 pm Reply with quote
So it is that time of the year again when we are hearing about "The Best of 2006" well, as you may have thought, let's focus on Anime here... **Sorry this topic has been made a little early. My appologies!**

Anime Insider, December's Issue, focused mainly in the "best of the best" of 2006 which included series, manga, toys, and some seperate awards. Thus bringing you this: *I'll answer the questions as well. *

Best Anime
-Which anime, in YOUR opinion, do you feel had the most impact on the industry?

[I feel that 2 animes played a big role especially during the ending months of 2006 (yes I know its not the end but still). Those having to be Bleach and Naruto. From September - this month the series seemed to be in a constant battle and was all the talk at some websites. Odds are this "battle" will continue.]

Hottest News Events and Stories
-Which news story do you think played a big role this year?

[Well, there are a couple. Aside from all the licenses and such there were the Conventions. Globaly and Nationally. One in particular was the Tokyo International Film Festival (October). -- Some reports can be seen in places around the Internet, if you are curious to take a peek.

Secondly there was the launching of some Anime networks. The FUNimation Channel and the expansion of The Anime Network. Just this month TAN has expanded their services globally into Puerto Rico. The network aired here in the United States originally. Not to mention the launch of Toonami Jetstream which brought us, including myself, some titles I have never had the chance to experiance.

---I've actually removed 2 categories revolving around gaming news which has not alot of relevance to the anime industry. These had to do with the launches of the Nintendo Wii and PlayStation 3 back in November. (The PS3 should probably debut some games based on anime series. Just wait and see.)

The Industry Overall and Beyond
-Where do you see the industry next year? How do you think it will differ, for the best or worst?

[If anything the industry seems to be invading the internet. With the debuts of series episodes on the internet, Coyote Ragime Show on IGN, we'll be seeing more of that in the near future. Grant the fact that even the TCG market is coming to the World Wide Web. Manga also is slowly coming about over the net, allowing us to purchase manga from websites directly. (Tokyopop for example).

A few days back we heard of the TCG, Chaotic, actually being playable through the web. Accordingly this is called "CNA" which allows people to scan card numbers and upload them to the website where they can enjoy their experience. This may lead to a small battle between websites and Japanese companies.

If you remember there was some conflicts between JASRAC and YouTube which led to the deletion of 30,000 files and a current suggestion list to the website which is aimed at limiting pirated material from being uploaded to the site. Count the number of downloading services and programs out there... this will be a long battle indeed.]

Predictions
-What do you want to see more of in the anime industry that wasn't quite full-filled this year? Any wishes or comments? Shout them out in this section...

[Personally I would like to see some more titles being released in BOTH Japan and the United States. That is all really. I just do not like the fact that pretty interesting shows are always released in Japan while there are "no plans for a U.S. release."]

Well here we go! Let's hear em'!!
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Eventually, ANN wil put out its "Best of 2006" special feature, so we can do all the discussing we want when that shows up.
Gage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I did not know ANN had that feature...

Well then, do not let this topic ruin the whole feature's purpose. If you wish, it can be locked. Its up to the mods. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1