• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[OT] Ken Akamatsu's wife

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:31 am Reply with quote
http://kanon00.at.webry.info/

According to her blog on Aug. 24 (http://kanon00.at.webry .info/200608/article_25.html <-- remove the space between "webry" and ".info", as the forum wrongfully recognizes the URL as spam), she's "20 if you rounded it down (四捨五入すればまだ20歳)", so she can't be over 24 now. Akamatsu married her in July 2002; he was 34 back then (born on 1968-07-05), so she must be between 16 (earliest legal marriage age in most prefectures in Japan) to 19 plus 11 months when she got married.

You ero-oyaji, Akamatsu. Twisted Evil

Last edited by dormcat on Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:52 am Reply with quote
Probably not... As some people foolishly say: Age doesn't matter for love -_-U. But I do agree on something: Getting married at that age is dumb. I can't imagine myself being married at that age (and I'm 20 too)... I can't imagine myself married at all, anyway Anime dazed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Webki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:12 am Reply with quote
All I say can do is give Ken a big thumbs up. Laughing

He's got good taste. Wink
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:46 am Reply with quote
I'm in the opposite camp on love and marriage from TestamentSaki since I'm one of those people who "foolishly" thinks that age doesn't matter that much when it comes to love or marriage. Assuming you actually are in love and that you are mentally mature enough to comprehend that marriage is not a fairy tale. I've come across a considerable number of people who were old but extremely immature or very young but remarkably mature, so I separate the concepts of age and maturity.

It's days like this that make me wish I could read Japanese so I could comment on what's written in that blog. Alas, I can't read a word of kanji (that IS kanji, right?) and I can't understand more than a double handful of spoken Japanese words. Anime cry

So I have no idea what this means:
dormcat wrote:
Please help to wash away a little of my ignorance.
EVA fiend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Meh, love knows no age boundaries, but if she was 16 when she married him, that is kinda young. Anime smile + sweatdrop

Richard J. wrote:
dormcat wrote:

It means 'dirty old man'. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:22 pm Reply with quote
I present to you, ladies and gentlemen, the definition of lolicon Laughing

I know this will come back to me later in the thread.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:30 pm Reply with quote
EVA fiend wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
dormcat wrote:

It means 'dirty old man'. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
Thank you, although now I feel rather stupid for not guessing what it meant. Embarassed

I really don't see the problem if she was sixteen at the time when they got married. I'd only think ill of him if, now that his wife is older, he were to start looking for a "newer model."
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:09 pm Reply with quote
16 is still too inexperienced to marry, even if she was mature for her age, not to mention; most relationships of this sort end in failure due to gaps and differences that will arise at later stages of this unbalanced relationship that sometimes not even love is able to overcome
hanachan01

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:32 pm Reply with quote
It's possible she's lying in a joking manner. Many older women like to say they are younger, because they don't want to accept that they are getting older. My mother is like that (Luckily she does look younger that her age Razz) This is extremly present in Japan, with it's obsession with youth.
smoochy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Who cares as long as they're both happy?
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Raven Shinobi wrote:
16 is still too inexperienced to marry, even if she was mature for her age, not to mention; most relationships of this sort end in failure due to gaps and differences that will arise at later stages of this unbalanced relationship that sometimes not even love is able to overcome
In the past people were married at far younger ages. Also, one's life experience isn't inseparably linked to one's age.

Events in a person's life can radically speed up a person's process of emotionally maturing. I experienced and dealt with a rather severe family trauma when I was 3 which resulted in me basically reaching mental adulthood by about the age of 12.

The primary reason that most relationships end is simple incompatibility. Most people are aware of their differences going into marriage, but a large number have a misguided notion that they can "change" the other person. People can accommodate each other's quirks, but rarely can they completely alter their own patterns of behavior. (Hence why you should never marry someone who likes to party if you want a quiet stay at home spouse.)

There are also a lot of people who mistake lust for love. If the main basis of your relationship is sexual, don't get married. My dad's a lawyer, I've seen enough divorces to know what causes most of them, at least in my hometown.

smoochy wrote:
Who cares as long as they're both happy?
While their mutual happiness is the most important thing, it's good fun to talk about this stuff. At least, I think it's fun.
smoochy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:21 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Richard J."][quote="Raven Shinobi"]16 is still too inexperienced to marry, even if she was mature for her age, not to mention; most relationships of this sort end in failure due to gaps and differences that will arise at later stages of this unbalanced relationship that sometimes not even love is able to overcome[/quote]In the past people were married at far younger ages. Also, one's life experience isn't inseparably linked to one's age.

Events in a person's life can radically speed up a person's process of emotionally maturing. I experienced and dealt with a rather severe family trauma when I was 3 which resulted in me basically reaching mental adulthood by about the age of 12.

The primary reason that most relationships end is simple incompatibility. Most people are aware of their differences going into marriage, but a large number have a misguided notion that they can "change" the other person. People can accommodate each other's quirks, but rarely can they completely alter their own patterns of behavior. (Hence why you should never marry someone who likes to party if you want a quiet stay at home spouse.)

There are also a lot of people who mistake lust for love. If the main basis of your relationship is sexual, don't get married. My dad's a lawyer, I've seen enough divorces to know what causes most of them, at least in my hometown.

[quote="smoochy"]Who cares as long as they're both happy?[/quote]While their mutual happiness is the most important thing, it's good fun to talk about this stuff. At least, I think it's fun.[/quote]

Japanese teenagers seem to be much more mature then American teenagers
omnistry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:36 pm Reply with quote
smoochy wrote:
Japanese teenagers seem to be much more mature then American teenagers

Yeah teenagers in Japan are so much mature than American teenagers; and a lot more respectful. Perhaps if kids went to school yearlong like them we wouldn't have so much problems with the adolescent.

But back on subject I didn't even know he was married. I wonder what she thinks of him drawing all those nude photos of women in his comics.

That being said Akamatsu-senpai is my favorite manga writer.
Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:47 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
she's "20 if you rounded it down (四捨五入すればまだ20歳)", so she can't be over 24 now.

I'm not convinced you're interpreting that right. Women like to be cute with their age. She could actually be 29, which is "20 if you rounded it down".

Somehow, I really doubt she married at age 16...
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Skyline wrote:
I'm not convinced you're interpreting that right. Women like to be cute with their age. She could actually be 29, which is "20 if you rounded it down".

Can you read "四捨五入"? "Four goes down, five goes up," that is. I wrote "rounded it down" because the phrase has no direct English equivalent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4