• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:33 am Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
woelfie wrote:

I don't think so on this one. At least going from here, it seems that the mother's side of his family has "Axelrod" as the family name, so I think that's how the particular alias is spelled. Not sure which spelling is more prominent in credits.

Don't forget this one either:
Talis AXELROD

Oops, my mistake. Embarassed On the page of Taliesin Jaffe is T. Axlerod mentioned as his alias. That's why I started from the idea that that was the correct name. My references only state that T. Axelrod is the same person.
Now I checked his credits as "T. Axlerod", and what is stated on the source pages for that name :
* DearS : "Takeya: T. Axelrod"
* Haibane Renmei (TV) : only TV credits, so not a reliable source
* Hellsing (TV) : Taliesin Jaffe mentioned as Voice Editor and ADR Script Editor, but no trace of any Axlerod.
Conclusion : there is no source that Axlerod is the correct name, so I suggest taking Talis Axelrod as the correct name (as an alias for Taliesin Jaffe). Any objections ?
I corrected my previous post accordingly.
Thanks for the help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:44 am Reply with quote
Here are some people that have been entered in a way that the role they play is also incorporated in the cast name.
The easiest way to get rid of them is to merge it with the correct cast, right ?

Abdulkareem, Najm
Dr.Erfan, Najm Abdulkareem as

Alnabhan, Jasim
Annabhan, Jasim
Daham, Jasim Alnabhan as

Almufeedi, Ali
Daham, Ali Almufidi as

Baldini, Antonella
Antonella, Camilla - Baldini

De Bortoli, Barbara
Barbara, Genny - De Bortoli

Hashim, Falah
Kamal, Falah Hashim as

Mahmood, Esmut
Mahmoud, Esmat
Lamis, Esmut Mahmood as

Simpson, Scott
Simpson Verg, Scott
(the word "verg" is the character that he plays in Blue Submarine No.6 (OAV))

Guerrieri, Vittorio
Vittorio, Alex - Guerrieri

In some of these cases, I've already entered the correct name. Please let me know if this would give some merging problems.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:25 am Reply with quote
woelfie wrote:
EmperorBrandon wrote:
woelfie wrote:

I don't think so on this one. At least going from here, it seems that the mother's side of his family has "Axelrod" as the family name, so I think that's how the particular alias is spelled. Not sure which spelling is more prominent in credits.

Don't forget this one either:
Talis AXELROD

Oops, my mistake. :oops: On the page of Taliesin Jaffe is T. Axlerod mentioned as his alias. That's why I started from the idea that that was the correct name. My references only state that T. Axelrod is the same person.
Now I checked his credits as "T. Axlerod", and what is stated on the source pages for that name :
* DearS : "Takeya: T. Axelrod"
* Haibane Renmei (TV) : only TV credits, so not a reliable source
* Hellsing (TV) : Taliesin Jaffe mentioned as Voice Editor and ADR Script Editor, but no trace of any Axlerod.
Conclusion : there is no source that Axlerod is the correct name, so I suggest taking Talis Axelrod as the correct name (as an alias for Taliesin Jaffe). Any objections ?
I corrected my previous post accordingly.
Thanks for the help.

Yeah, and here's another link to confirm.
wao

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:27 am Reply with quote
Hiroshi Yamamoto is at least 3 people.

1. The now famous KyoAni staff 山本寛 (aka ヤマカン) Isn't his name read as Yutaka Yamamoto, though? I have no verification besides Wikipedia, though...
2. J.C. Staff animator 山元浩
3. Executive producer (????)

This is a breakdown of roles

8 Man After - 3
Air - 1
Fate/Stay night - 2 (see below)
FMP Fumoffu - 1
Generator Gawl - 1 (KyoAni assisted in this series) source
Jungle wa Itsumo Hale nochi Guu Final - 1 (Kyoani also assisted here, in the original series too) source (google cache)
Kanon 2 - 1
ROD - 2 (no source, but it is a J.C. Staff production...)
Haruhi - 1
Melody of Oblivion - 2 source

There are two roles I'm not sure of - are they separate people, or are they one of the above? After all, Yamamoto and Hiroshi are both exceedingly common names..

Dokyusei animation director
Urusei Yatsura assistant animator

For the OP credit for Fate/Stay night. Now according to this, this it is 山元恵. But I watched the ED of some random episode on Youtube and it clearly shows 山元浩.
not_awaken

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Osamu Kobayashi looks to be three different people. The personal information given belongs to the director of BECK and Paradise Kiss. However, he is also credited with directing Magical Angel Creamy Mami and Kimagure Orange Road. The Japanese wikipedia page says that they're different people with the same name kanji; also, the BECK director would have been nineteen years old when Creamy Mami aired... a bit precocious to be helming a TV anime, don't you think? Additionally, there are a number of voice acting credits spanning over thirty years under that entry. These appear to be those of 小林修 (different kanji), according to Seiyuu Database.

EDIT: Looks like I'm not the first to notice. Sorry if this is already in your queue.
wao

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:04 am Reply with quote
not_awaken wrote:
Osamu Kobayashi looks to be three different people. The personal information given belongs to the director of BECK and Paradise Kiss. However, he is also credited with directing Magical Angel Creamy Mami and Kimagure Orange Road. The Japanese wikipedia page says that they're different people with the same name kanji; also, the BECK director would have been nineteen years old when Creamy Mami aired... a bit precocious to be helming a TV anime, don't you think? Additionally, there are a number of voice acting credits spanning over thirty years under that entry. These appear to be those of 小林修 (different kanji), according to Seiyuu Database.

EDIT: Looks like I'm not the first to notice. Sorry if this is already in your queue.

If it helps, this is a probable breakdown of who did what.... One being the older Osamu Kobayashi, one being the younger one....
Here is the younger Kobayashi's profile.

Ai to Ken director - older
Battle Angel anim - younger (I believe the older one stopped animation by this point? It's also Madhouse, which the younger one is associated with.)
BECK - younger (see website)
Blue Sub No. 6 - younger (see website)
Digital Juice - younger (see website)
FF OAV anim - younger (Madhouse)
Gad Guard ED + anim - younger (see website)
Heat Guy J - see below
Kemonozume - younger (it's blatantly obvious if you watch it, + madhouse)
Kimagure Orange Road - older
Creamy Mami - older
Midory Days - see below
Moeru! Oniisan - older
Moomin - older
Genji Monogatari - older
New Getter Robo promotion support? - see below #2
Night on the Galactic Railroad - older
Onegai! Samia Don - older
ParaKiss - younger (see website)
R.O.D. the TV - either the younger one working out of Madhouse, or hte guy below. Where does this guy get his credits from?
Street Fighter - most probably older
Table and Fishman - younger (see website)
Tokyo Babylon - younger (Madhouse)
Urusei Yatsura - most probably older
Zettai Shounen - Older. Although the episode features graffiti and things that may make you think of the younger one, a. it is Asia-do which the older Kobayashi FOUNDED iirc, b. it is still quite far from the younger Kobayashi's style. Interestingly the younger K. mentioned it on his site....
Zoids Genesis - younger (most probably?)

One anomaly: Heat Guy J anim. dir. - According to this (Bandai's official website), this (TBS official website), Getchu.com etc., this credit goes to neither of the 小林治s but to 小林理

The same guy is also responsible for the Midori Days animation director credit according to here, here, here (official site), here and many more. But I don't know if he is responsible for key animation in episode 8 of ROD TV.

#2: The other anomaly - one credit, "Promotion Support" for Shin Getter Robo. It's quite possible this guy never did anything ilke that for anime ever again but I have no idea as to what the kanji is, and whether it really is the same or different person. It definitely can't be the older Kobayashi though, surely not.

---------

Another one: Yumiko Kobayashi

Very simple: One is the seiyuu (to which all the biodata applies), 小林由美子

One is the Director of Photography/animation photography-related person. I don't have specific sources for Level C and Yume de Aetara, but I did check up the one for Utena, which shows 小林夕美子. Since the former 2 shows are also J.C. Staff works just like her work in Utena it's feasible to believe they're the same person, I should think...
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Borgward, Diana
Borgwardt, Diana (source, source)

Bost, Doug
Bost, Doung (source, source)

Bottom, Talor
Bottom, Taylor (source)

Buchali, Karin
Buchalli, Karin (both Buchalli credits are entered without source, and can thus not be verified)

Bustamante, Monica
Bustamante, Monika (source, source)

Camargo, Cris
Camargo, Cristina
Camagro, Cristina (the first and third name are empty)

Carrero, José María
Carrero, JoseMaria (source)

Casi, Gianluca
Casu, Gianluca (source: email conversation with Antonio Genna (the information on his website has been corrected)

Casi, Fabrizio
Casu, Fabrizio (source: email conversation with Antonio Genna (the information on his website has been corrected)

Chamberlain, Ardwight
Chamberlain, Ardwright (Probable duplicate; Ardwright has only one credit with source "DVD credits", which seems not very reliable; source)

Chamis, Louise
Chamis, Lousie (source)

Chapelier, Guy
Chapellier, Guy (source, source)

Charvin, S J
Charvin, S.J. (source)
According to imdb it's the same person as Debra Rogers. A union issue or just a common alias ? After all, both Charvin and Debra Rogers have a credit in one of the GOTS anime.

Chevalier, David
Chevalier, Davide (source)

Chua, Jo-Anne (wrong hyphenation)
Chua, Joanne
Daichi, JOANNE CHUA as Hayam Daichi (wrong name format)

Clark, Dameon
Clarke, Dameon (source)

Coker, Kathya
Coker, Kaytha (source, source)

Colin, Robert
Colin, Roberto (source; One credit only in Baki the Grappler where also Robert is credited; also, the source info for Roberto is only "from the DVD", which makes is not really reliable.)

Colmenero, Francisco
Colmeneros, Francisco (source, source)

Cordevin, Joey
Cordewin, Joey (source)

Coria, Armado
Coria, Armando (source, source)

Cortesi, Renarto
Cortesi, Renato (source)

Cremin, Sue
Cremlin, Sue (source)

Dal Fabbro, Luca
DalFabbro, Luca
Fabbro, Luca Del (source)

Ohtan, Atsuko
Otani, Atsuko (source)

Pape, Kirsty
Pape, Kristy (Kirsty is already the pseudonym of Mia Bradly)

Papenbrook, Bryce
Rothstein, Bryce (source; Rothstein is his mother's name)

Papenbrook, Debbie
Pappenbrook, Debbie (source)
It should be noted that her real name is Debbie Rothstein (Papenbrook is her husband's name)

Pfeiffer, Beate
Pfeiffner, Beate (source)

Rappaporte, Joey
Rapporte, Joey (source)

Regal, Quyen
Regal, Qyen (source, source)

Scammel, Terrence
Scammell, Terrence (source, source)

Schwarzmaier, Caroline
Schwarzmeier, Caro
Schwarzmeier, Caroline (source)

Squirt, Chrissie
Squirt, Chrissy (source, source-

Starberry, Gil
Starberry, Jill (source: Jill has only one credit : an unnamed role in Street Fighter II V (TV), where also Gil Starberry (alias of Barry Stigler) is credited)

Sterr, Michele
Sterr, Michelle (source, source, source, source)

Tafel, Karl Heinz
Tafel, Karl-Heinz (source, source)

Tiphaine, Bernard
Tiphanie, Bernard (source)

Watt, Billie Lou
Watt, Billy Lou (source, source)

Wolff, Thomas Nero
Wolff, Thomas-Nero (wrong hyphenation; source, source)

Ziesmer, Sandiago
Ziesmer, Santiago (source, source, source)

Last edited by woelfie on Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:14 pm Reply with quote
cat_clan wrote:
Quote:
I think Rin SHIN and Rinshin are the same person.
Based that both has worked on some high-profile H Anime and H game. Also Rin SHIN is listed as the Character designer for I's OVA 1 and Rinshin is listed as the Character designer for I's OVA 2.
And you can clearly see on this webpage that the character design for OVA 2 is the same as OVA 1.
Also the correct romanization is either RIN-SIN or just RINSIN as shown in the cover of his illustration book RINSIN ILLUSTRATIONS

I agree with cat_clan; here are updated links:
j1m0ne
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Yuuichi Nagashima changed his name to Cho/Chou in August, so they need to be merged.

Sources:
Announcement on a Production Baobab news blog
New Baobab profile
Wiki

Also, Kei Saitou should be merged into Kei Shindou. Seems she debuted in Speed Grapher using the former name, then changed her surname in October 2005 according to the wiki. Current Baobab profile under Kei Shindou also lists her role in Speed Grapher.

Last edited by j1m0ne on Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Master Luc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Douglas Rye and Doug Rye must be merged together, they've already been merged in crystalacids!

I asked this so many times!
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Master Luc wrote:
Douglas Rye and Doug Rye must be merged together, they've already been merged in crystalacids!

Four (17 January, 8 March, 30 August, and now 8 November), plus Vekou made the same request back in the Duplicate persons (OLD) thread on 25 October 2004. However, the Encyclopedists are all volunteers, mergers are tricky business which not all of them are authorized to do, and shouting at them is not likely to make them happy with you (you have not even included links to the people you want merged). Also, CrystalAcids.com is not always the most reliable source. Despite the apparent obvious relation of the names, do you have any other source for this? If so, please post it.

Is this his site? I just sent an E-mail message using the site's form asking him to verify (or deny) the Encyclopedia's credits for him.
Master Luc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:26 am Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
Master Luc wrote:

Four (17 January, 8 March, 30 August, and now 8 November), plus Vekou made the same request back in the Duplicate persons (OLD) thread on 25 October 2004. However, the Encyclopedists are all volunteers, mergers are tricky business which not all of them are authorized to do, and shouting at them is not likely to make them happy with you (you have not even included links to the people you want merged). Also, CrystalAcids.com is not always the most reliable source. Despite the apparent obvious relation of the names, do you have any other source for this? If so, please post it.

Is this his site? I just sent an E-mail message using the site's form asking him to verify (or deny) the Encyclopedia's credits for him.

This one of his pages: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1054076/

http://www.crystalacids.com/database/person/3788/doug-rye/
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:03 pm Reply with quote
The following duplicates are related to error reports. If you merge these, a lot off error reports will be redundant.

Albert Trifol (alias)
Alberto Trifol (typo)
Albert Trifol Jr. (alias)
Albert Trifol Segarra (correct) (source)

Alec Willows
Alex Willows (typo: source)

Alice Key
Alice Ley (typo: source)

Bill Flanagan
William Flanagan
For most of the credits of both these people, sites can be found with credits fo the other one. I'm not sure which one should be marked as his real name.

Callie Young
Stephanie Young
This should be investigated. I can't find a direct link between these two.

Christun, Tifanie
Christian, Tifanie (typo: source, source, source)

Claudio Razzi
Claudio Bazzi (typo: source, source, and on top of that, he's the father of Claudia Razzi)

Dan Green
Tom Wilson (alias: source, source, source)
I'm not sure however if this double name is not due to syndicate policy.

Eric-Jon Waugh
It seems the correct name should be Eric-Jon Rossel Waugh, but that name is not (yet) in ANN, so why should be create a new entry ?

Orphelin, Florine
Orphelin, Florinne (source, source, source (all in French of course, as it is a french actress)

Franca de Stradis
Frabca de Stradis (typo: [http://www.antoniogenna.net/doppiaggio/anim/pelinestory.htm]source[/url])

Gary Shum
Gary Shun
Shum is credited in my Tokyopop books; Shun has done a similar job on other Tokyopop titles. Strange coincidence.

Humberto Solorzano
Humberto Zolorzano (typo: source, source)

Isaac C. Singleton Jr.
Issac Charles Singleton Jr. (typo: source, source, source)

Jim Wheeler
Jay Wheeler
Are these duplicates ?

Jean Claude Sachot
Jean-Claude Sachot (wrong spelling : source, source)

Joe Cappelletti
Joey Capps (alias: source, source)
Joey Caps (wrong spelling)

Teng Masilungan
Kathyn Masilungan
Katiyn Masilungan
Kathiyn Masilungan
Kathyin Masilungan
Katherine Masilungan
Kathiyn Perez Masilungan
Kathiyin Perez Masilungan
Katherine Perez Masilungan
Marie Bitoh KATHYIN MASILUNGAN a
(source)

Kenichirou Ohashi
Kenn (aka: source)

Lance Caselman
Lance Caselan (typo: source)

Lucas Gilbertson
Lucus Gilbertson (typo: source, source; the "lucus" links source could not be verified)

Mark Lesser
Marc Lesser (typo)
Although the reporter stated (with exclamation marks) that it should be Marc, this source and this source show it as Mark. If it was wrong, there shouldn't be one reason why a French site would write with 'k'.

Mia Bradly
Mai Bradly (alias : source, source)

Michi Himeno
Himeno Mishi (name order typo : source)

Mike L. Reynolds
Michael Reynolds (aka: source, source)
Complete name is Michael Lee Reynolds, commonly known as Mike Reynolds, and not to be confused with the British actor Michael Reynolds (who never had anything to do with anime).

Monalisa De Asis
Monalisa Asis
Monalisa J. deAsis (typos; source is Mi-hyme manga and Love Hina manga, respectively)

Rodger Parsons
Radger Parsons (typo: source, source)

Rossy Aguirre
Rosy Aguirre (typo: source, source)

Row Takakura
Takakura Row (typo: source, source and many other sites that publish names as firstname-lastname)

Satomi Majima
Satomi Mashima (typo: source)

Terry Marlin
Terry Martin
Marlin, Terry T.

Tobias Hössl
Tobias Hösl
Actually it should be either Hößl (correct spelling) or Hoessl (complete English transcription). Can you include 'ß' in names ? (source)

Yasunori Matsumoto
Yasunori Masumoto (typo: source)

If you're busy merging these entries, you might also merge the following two companies, which are alse derived from error reports :

Amorz
Amorx (source)

G&G Tonstudios
Studio G&G (source)

Last edited by woelfie on Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:46 am; edited 14 times in total
cat_clan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:57 pm Reply with quote
wao wrote:
2. I think Mitsuru Kageyama and Michiru Kageyama are the same person, although I don't know which reading is correct

The correct spelling is Mitsuru Kageyama according the official site of the Company he works for. It can be verified on Fizz Sound Staff List

wao wrote:

According to Weblio, Accessup, Movie Goo and many others is Toshihiro Nakajima.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:15 am Reply with quote
woelfie wrote:
Bill Flanagan
William Flanagan
For most of the credits of both these people, sites can be found with credits fo the other one. I'm not sure which one should be marked as his real name.

E-mail or call Viz (the first telephone number should be the correct one) and ask?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 38 of 145