• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix Streams Both Digimon Adventure Seasons in Japanese

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Okay guys, I can confirm, with the exception of Episode 1, 6, and 7, all episodes up until Episode 36 have proper subs. Episode 36 has a couple odd problems, with Hikari becoming Kari, and Vandemon becoming Myotismon, but they're otherwise look to have been corrected. Hopefully they can go back in and fix that. Friend also reports a couple other episodes use Myotismon as well.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:50 pm Reply with quote
.........WHY DON'T I HAVE NETFLIX?!?!?!?!
braves

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:22 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CCharmanderK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:29 pm Reply with quote
J3N0V4 wrote:
The most amusing part is that they have removed all reference to "Evolution" in the series and changed it to "Change". I have 3 guesses as to why that may be Wink

That's only in the unfixed subs. The corrected subtitles use "evolution" as the translation for "shinka".
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:30 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:

Is that not the dub? It's using the dub episode titles and was put up by New Video Group rather than Toei.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
CCharmanderK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
braves wrote:

Is that not the dub? It's using the dub episode titles and was put up by New Video Group rather than Toei.

I checked a few weeks back, and that is most certainly the dub. Netflix is the only service currently offering the original Japanese episodes.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Oh awesome! I don't even care that I've seen the English version probably half a dozen times, seeing it in Japanese seems like an awesome idea! When I saw Macross in original Japanese, it was just me falling in love all over again with the same series in a way, so I'd totally do this again.
Looneygamemaster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Can I just say that this is awesome? Because it is.

Very Happy

I've looked through a bit of the corrected subtitles. They seem a bit dry, but they're definitely an improvement over what we've gotten so far (not counting Xros Wars).

And this gets me excited for the future as well. Tamers' original subtitles were, to put it bluntly, horrible, so if that show gets added, it'll be a whole lot better. And dare I hope for the original version of the movies? Our War Games in particular? I dare. Wink
CCharmanderK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Looneygamemaster wrote:
Can I just say that this is awesome? Because it is.

Very Happy

I've looked through a bit of the corrected subtitles. They seem a bit dry, but they're definitely an improvement over what we've gotten so far (not counting Xros Wars).

And this gets me excited for the future as well. Tamers' original subtitles were, to put it bluntly, horrible, so if that show gets added, it'll be a whole lot better. And dare I hope for the original version of the movies? Our War Games in particular? I dare. Wink

I would throw down a million freaking dollars for a properly-translated version of Our War Game. Well, if I had a million freaking dollars to throw down, of course, but still.

I'll still always have a soft-spot for the lines in the Digimon movie dub. "YOU'VE GOT MAIL!!"
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:21 pm Reply with quote
minakichan wrote:
Am I the only one who REALLY hopes someone puts out a subbed DVD set after this?

Because yes please.

As a deaf person, ME GUSTA!
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Dark Absol wrote:
minakichan wrote:
Am I the only one who REALLY hopes someone puts out a subbed DVD set after this?

Because yes please.

Except I've told you time and again that the DVDs are closed caption.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Kazemon15 wrote:
Dark Absol wrote:
minakichan wrote:

Because yes please.

Except I've told you time and again that the DVDs are closed caption.

I think the only set missing closed captioning is the first one, but this was corrected in the singles release.

EDIT: Okay, looks like they fixed almost every episode, this includes 02. 02 does suffer from some problems with terminology, however, but I'll try and report the problematic episodes.
Jeikobu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:35 am Reply with quote
Great news! I've wanted to see this for some time, but never had access to a legal Japanese release here in the US. Thanks Netflix!!!!! Already put it on the instant queue. Now if only we could get subbed Pokemon...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Aster Selene

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:05 am Reply with quote
What's probably the greatest part about this is that Netflix chose, of all times, to release this on August 1 (which many devoted fans will recognize as an important date in the series).
I'm pretty sure this was intentional.
Crystal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:29 am Reply with quote
Aster Selene wrote:
What's probably the greatest part about this is that Netflix chose, of all times, to release this on August 1 (which many devoted fans will recognize as an important date in the series).
I'm pretty sure this was intentional.

Yeah! I was just about to comment that no one had commented on the "Netflix adds Digimon on AUGUST 1ST" note.

Interestingly enough, Mamoru Hosoda (who did the episode where Taichi briefly goes home) also used the August 1st date as significant in Summer Wars.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3